WB Announces 60's Batman TV License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many possibilities.

Batman
Robin
Batgirl
Three Catwomen
Two Riddlers
Joker
Penguin
Mr. Freeze
Egghead
And the most coveted of all: SURF ACTION BATMAN:

tumblr_lzsuxlMYUN1qmpebpo1_4001.gif

True DD, but I'm sure something will be sorted out with Fox/Greenway, etc. We shall see.

Given HT's interest in Batman lately, I really hope they invest in this opportunity. They jumped on Reeve and Keaton, I would seriously get any and all figures from this property. Someone needs to put feelers out there (OMG, Wookster, Vendrell and Mark HTC on Facebook) to see if it is feasible on HT's end.

These kinds of announcements aren't uncommon around SDCC, it could lead to a teaser from SS or HT at the event. I'm hoping to see the question mark logo from Forever by HT and finally some 1/6 goodness from SS at SDCC this year. I had to re-read the SS press release several times and pinch myself last year to convince myself it was real. Really hoping they show us their first Bat this year.

From tvshowsondvd.com:

Following the publishing of Variety's write-up, we've received a ton of emails from our readers, hopeful that this means that DVD rights issues are part of this agreement. It certainly looks like the best hope we've had in a long time, right?

However, we're cautious because the story conspicuously avoids mentioning DVDs (and all other potential home video delivery methods), and the issue mentioned in the story that affects clothing, toys, "home goods" (posters, or wastebaskets for kids' rooms, or umbrellas, etc.) and the like might not be enough to resolve all potential licensing hold-ups for delivering complete episodes on DVD.

For example, the so-called "bat-climbs" included cameos of other shows that aired at the time, but were produced by other studios ("Lurch" from The Addams Family and "Colonel Klink" from Hogan's Heroes come immediately to mind). Not to mention both the bat-climb cameo appearance AND the cross-over appearance by Van Williams and Bruce Lee as "The Green Hornet and Kato."

Taken from: https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/B...out-Warner-Licensing-Deal/17060#ixzz1x8e9XW1g

Well i think alot of you are jumping to the conclusion HT would be the company to get rights to do 1/6 figures- even if they would want it I see Hasbro or Mattel jumping in...maybe. HT would be fabulous but I'm very skeptical thay are even interested...

How about a 1/6th scale Batcave to house the Batmobile? That would be a dream come true for me. Unrealistic, but fun to imagine the possibilities...

Really hope that HT aren't interested.
Such a trashy things is a perfect fit for SSC 12" line.

Surely one of the seven signs of the apocolypse! Very exciting news, but tempered with a lot of doubt. One sixth Adam West Batman series figures are my number one wants of all time, no question. Since watching the show when it originally aired. Hot Toys would probably only make Batman and maybe Joker or Catwoman. Robin would require a new body. If they haven't done it for T2 John Conner I doubt they would do it for this. The company that I would like to see get this license must have a true love and nostalgia for this property. Instead of quickly cashing in on Batman and one or two other characters and then abandoning the license, I want to see someone go deep into this series. I would have to get an additional job, or sell part of my collection, but I would buy Egghead, King Tut, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, et al without thinking twice. Joker really needs to look like this or fail.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/im...tman_Gallery/60/lg/2000_0101sfmseka0004_1.htm

Who am I kidding. I would buy it regardless, just because someone made it happen

Well i think alot of you are jumping to the conclusion HT would be the company to get rights to do 1/6 figures- even if they would want it I see Hasbro or Mattel jumping in...maybe. HT would be fabulous but I'm very skeptical thay are even interested...

Mattel is _______ but makes a lot more sense.

Back