WB Announces 60's Batman TV License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa. Legs Parker. Nice catch.

Now there's a "Girl's in Prison" exploitation film I'd pay to see! Starting with the obligatory shower scene :lol

screen-capture-11.png

001MaParker_02.jpg

"Legs" Parker. Tisha Sterling. Pretty hot too.

legs.png

If they do west & ward, I want a wall climbing diorama. also how about that clear(bulletproof) bat shield?

Picked up this post from another message board..

"There were a lot of bids for the license from what I was advised from WB, and Mattel has the master toy license (util 2013 I believe), so they're possibly going to be doing all of your standard toys you see in all of the chain stores and comic shops.

And Sideshow quite possibly will get the collectibles line but it's up in the air on the collectibles side from what i'm aware of. "

Link

https://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1339070269/all

If SSC gets the collectible line, I think they'll team up with HT as they have with DC stuff. Fingers crossed!

"...could it be?

TV Batman toys in major chains across the land??

Will loyal fans finally see their beloved show get the love it deserves???

Tune in next week - same Bat time, same Bat channel!!!"

:family :rock

As much as I'd love to see that happen, I think this will be more of a niche market thing aimed at collectors.

Toy lines for children are supported by the movie of the day or a current cartoon. I can't imagine the 1960s Batman appealing enough to a young mass market to carry a line for long. Though I hope to be proved wrong.

Just as long as this brings us a Sideshow/Hot Toys Adam West, Cesar Romero and Frank Gorshin!
Yeah I know, but still - it's not unprecedented. Outlets in malls have carried plenty of retro themed memorabilia over the years - even the odd chain.

The fact that it's still 'Batman' is only a plus for a green light anyway. Look at the 'Brave & Bold' Batman - that's a West-esque design & is a popular cartoon. Throw it all in there, it'll do ok.. :wink1:

I foresee this taking a similar course of action to some of the other classic licenses: Mattel will make some movie masters or maybe some of those 12" figures. Due to the nature of the license, I'm betting they'll be Matty Collector Exclusives. We'll see DC Collectibles taking a shot at it with a few busts and statues, and then we'll see something from HT and/or SSC.

I foresee this taking a similar course of action to some of the other classic licenses: Mattel will make some movie masters or maybe some of those 12" figures. Due to the nature of the license, I'm betting they'll be Matty Collector Exclusives. We'll see DC Collectibles taking a shot at it with a few busts and statues, and then we'll see something from HT and/or SSC.

:exactly:

With no DVD release of the 1966 show- most kids /adults will have little clue or excitement on this line being at mass retailers like Wal Mart and Target. Matty Collector without a doubt. DVD/BR release is so critical bit no word on this:gah:

:exactly:

With no DVD release of the 1966 show- most kids /adults will have little clue or excitement on this line being at mass retailers like Wal Mart and Target. Matty Collector without a doubt. DVD/BR release is so critical bit no word on this:gah:

Don't see it happening, unfortunately. I'm still waiting on a BD release of TAS.

Get out, troll. :pfft:

Ill stay where I like thank you, and calling me a troll because I said that DC needs to keep selling Batman figures because they don't have much else is pretty much the truth. I never said that the figures wouldn't be a good idea or maybe somewhat cool looking now did I?

Back