WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn first 4 episodes are phenomenal. Better than the movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocked at how connected it is to watchmen. I had no idea some of the main watchmen were going to be main characters. Love the direction of Laurie. Love what they are doing with veidt. I don?t fully understand but I find it very interesting. The clones and what not. Hooded justice scene wow, just wow.

Ohhhh so that?s why people on here hate it. Hahaha Well it?s damn good tv regardless. Hell of a lot better than the doomsday clock crossover, hell of a lot better than the before watchmen series, and Waaaayyyy more competently made than the movie (which I love but it?s a mess). Love seeing a show that goes for it head first.

Ohhhh so that?s why people on here hate it. Hahaha Well it?s damn good tv regardless. Hell of a lot better than the doomsday clock crossover, hell of a lot better than the before watchmen series, and Waaaayyyy more competently made than the movie (which I love but it?s a mess). Love seeing a show that goes for it head first.

I won't speak for anyone else. That's why I won't watch it.

making Rorschach a KKK icon is laughable. Let's stop tip toeing around this and call it out for what it is: The only reason they've made this stretch to insert the KKK into the show is to push the leftist agenda which is "white people bad".

The KKK doesn?t represent white people to me. They represent white supremacists. So their presence in the show can?t, for me, push an agenda that white people are good or bad.

I watched all of episode 3 and actually enjoyed it.

Don't think I made it through 5 minutes of this one. Asian lady's acting was such trash I immediately skipped ahead and the rest of the episode just seemed to be the Angela chick driving around. No thanks.

The KKK doesn?t represent white people to me. They represent white supremacists. So their presence in the show can?t, for me, push an agenda that white people are good or bad.

LOL! ok dude, that's fine for your personal interpretation, but don't try to dismiss the leftwing garbage that "White People Racist!!" is being pushed on all media fronts including in this show...

I can list 100 other sources but I'll leave this here:

"CNN, MSNBC said 'racist' more than 4,100 times from July 14-21" Yes that's 4,100 times in 1 week

LOL! ok dude, that's fine for your personal interpretation, but don't try to dismiss the leftwing garbage that "White People Racist!!" is being pushed on all media fronts including in this show...

I can list 100 other sources but I'll leave this here:

"CNN, MSNBC said 'racist' more than 4,100 times from July 14-21" Yes that's 4,100 times in 1 week

This thread is about Watchmen. That’s all I’m commenting on.

tanking after episode 3. already talk of cancellation, and rightfully so...

https://cosmicbook.news/watchmen-ratings-drop-sheds-100k-week-3

Lindelof confirmed the show would only ever be 9 episodes for Christ's sake who writes these articles!?!

I've seen links through my Google news feed to that site, I finally removed it from my feed because the content was so bad.

The articles are so over-the-top, it reads like it's satire.

Episodes one and two.....trash.

Episode three.....very entertaining.

Episode four......trash.

Episode five.....very, very good. First one that actually feels like an attempt to be a sequel to Watchmen. Some of it was TOO on the nose, such as the guy eating a can of baked beans with his masked half rolled up his face. But it was an interesting glimpse into what the world post-squid attack might end up looking like. Maybe. This is assuming that Rorshach's journals weren't printed by that magazine. Or maybe they were and people thought it was a hoax? Who knows. Even in our real world, nobody believes anything that even remotely conflicts with their politics or their worldviews, so if that magazine HAD published Rorschach's journal immediately after the squid attack, at least half the population would reject it as a fake.

Ozymandias's story is slowly coming into focus.

Looking Glass and Laurie Blake are still the only interesting characters.

Still don't give a toss about the Klan vs the cops or the old black guy though. All that stuff feels like it's from a failed project and just grafted onto a Watchmen project for some reason.

I mean...why Tulsa?? The only reason I can possibly fathom is cause they wanted to highlight that race riot that happened in 1921 cause it's a nice way to start the whole "All white people are racissss" theme that the show is savoring like a pig rolling in its own filth.

Other than that, I almost like it. Soundtrack remains excellent, but hey....Trent's an old hat at this point. He always does excellent soundtracks.

Next week's definitely looks like barf though. It's 100% flashbacks to the race stuff again. I liked it the first time I saw it, when it was Chalkey on Boardwalk Empire, but this is SUPPOSED to be Watchmen, so, yawn.

I thought last night's episode was sloppy story telling. I'm curious about Ozzy but all else is really sloppy. They spent half the episode reminding the audience that Glass wears the reflective stuff. Just a tragic waste of fantastic performers. I'm probably nearing the end of my rope for this.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I got through episodes 1 and 2 but haven?t had the urge to follow.

Very much like American Gods, I was interested and willing to see where they would go but the execution and narrative lost me.

The show has a ?made for TV? look I associate with DC, as well as a nasty edge and inscrutable storytelling style that I also associate with them.

It also feels like something from the late ?90s or early 2000s, in no small part because of Trent Reznor?s immediately recognizable score but also that overly earnest weirdness that somehow seems dated, out of place.

I could forgive a lot if I saw an interesting story but these 2 episodes have failed to move me. The first one piqued my interest and the 2nd one felt like something I had to sit through.

Not sure yet that I want to give it any more of my time.

Wow last nights episode was phenomenal. Also it convinced me to not cancel my free hbo trial membership. I NEED TO SEE THE REST. Best television on right now

I really liked last week's episode as well. I love how unhinged it's becoming, what with Ozymandia's reclusion and his escape attempts...

Back