Watchmen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a huge fan of JMS, but the rest of the creative is pretty promising for these. And as I've said with remakes and reboots - it doesn't devalue the original material - so why not?

Maybe this will encourage Hot Toys to release their Rorschach. Doubt it though.

Couldn't care less about that. Adam can draw 2 page splashes with nothing but blue _____ as long as JMS' writing doesn't completely suck wind. THAT is what worries me about that book.

JMS' writing will suck that Adam Hughes' blue ____ I'm sure.

If this leads to DC Direct or dare I dream Sideshow offering up comic accurate Watchmen figures that'll make this whole thing worth it. I'll say this I would happily buy a Sideshow AH! Silk Spectre PF.

Maybe this will encourage Hot Toys to release their Rorschach. Doubt it though.

JMS' writing will suck that Adam Hughes' blue ____ I'm sure.

If this leads to DC Direct or dare I dream Sideshow offering up comic accurate Watchmen figures that'll make this whole thing worth it. I'll say this I would happily buy a Sideshow AH! Silk Spectre PF.

This could only happen if this ens up being a complete success and being as good as the original of not close,
which, really I don't see happening, It might be good, but, I just cannot see this being as that good. those watchmen figures by DC Direct didn't sell too well, they are dirt cheap online,

I will never ever understand why Hot Toys made Silk Spectre over Rorschach or nite owl first, like What the F__? what where they thinking :lol

I don't get the hate either.

Don't read them. :dunno

it is not that easy,
as fans people will read them, there is no way around it, people will be too curious to not check them out,
But then if they suck they will stay in your memory, which is one of he worst things that can happen, specially if you try to forget what you just saw, because it will make it stronger,
stuff like this Does taint the original, I still love the matrix but knowing how it ends wuill always be in the back of my mind.

you are right, people shouldn't read them, still

it is not that easy,
as fans people will read them, there is no way around it, people will be too curious to not check them out,
But then if they suck they will stay in your memory, which is one of he worst things that can happen, specially if you try to forget what you just saw, because it will make it stronger,
stuff like this Does taint the original, I still love the matrix but knowing how it ends wuill always be in the back of my mind.

you are right, people shouldn't read them, still

:exactly::goodpost::yess:

but i know i still will..........................:panic::panic:

.............Just read the news on ign.
Woah.

As a massive fan of the Watchmen despite having read the novel only once, I can say that I am dissapointed about this. Also without Moore or Gibbons I can't see this having the edge and originality in which the first graphic novel was full of.
But what I'm really scared off is if they decide that a sequel or prequel is needed in film form. While the movie is no Oscar material, it is a classic among comic book fans like myself.

Not happy Jan.

.............Just read the news on ign.
Woah.

As a massive fan of the Watchmen despite having read the novel only once, I can say that I am dissapointed about this. Also without Moore or Gibbons I can't see this having the edge and originality in which the first graphic novel was full of.
But what I'm really scared off is if they decide that a sequel or prequel is needed in film form. While the movie is no Oscar material, it is a classic among comic book fans like myself.

Not happy Jan.

That's also what I don't like, I Know it will not be as controversial, or as edgy,

found two more pics of the covers

9pL7L.jpg

esd9H.jpg

I certainly will not. I'm still curious to see how it all plays out though.

All it will take for the haters to STFU is for the books to be good.

I certainly will not. I'm still curious to see how it all plays out though.

All it will take for the haters to STFU is for the books to be good.

I am curious, and, I will check at least the Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan ones, and im curious about the Nite Owl and Minutemen,
I could care less for Silk Spectre seriously, or Ozymandias,

like I said, They might just do a "A day in the lives of" watchmen, which will be fine, doesn't have to be great, just doesn't have to suck,

This could only happen if this ens up being a complete success and being as good as the original of not close

Not necessarily. As close as the Snyder film got, there were quite a few fans who weren't happy with it or about it and passed on a lot of the merchandise, the film itself didn't hit as hard as WB wanted and so there is always the fact that licensees with his genre usually overproduce rather than go conservative.

If DCD released their original figures that were prototyped a while back I guarantee you they'd sell fairly well no problem, one because they would be produced in smaller quantity but also because the fandom of the original goes back to the eighties, hell it's even taught in some universities as part of their curriculum. It seems like they aren't changing the costuming for the most part or drastically at least so merchandising would follow suit.

In general, I don't have any problem with any remake, sequel, or prequel either for the reason Dave and Evilface are talking about. And of course, the original Watchmen will always be what it is in my mind, and won't be affected detrimentally by whatever DC decides to do. But I do consider Watchmen to be something really special among comics, and I think it deserves the respect it has been given up to this point--i.e., being left alone in the comic canon. I don't want to see a prequel to Casablanca, or to read a sequel to the Sound and the Fury, or to read prequels to Watchmen. I don't think those things should ever be made, even if money could be made off of them, because I think those things are genuinely special and deserve to be left. . .alone. And this isn't like saying that "this list of 500 movies shouldn't be remade." Watchmen is one of the most important and influential series of all time. Probably the single most important of its generation.

I don't mind... They have some real talent involved in these books and they've clearly been working and planning these books so there's a change that they may be decent... I just don't like how Alan Moore has be treated!

Also I after seeing all the new art that's come out, I decided to enter an Australian Facebook Draw-off... Here is my entry!

the_death_of_a_comedian_by_grange_wallis-d4oxkvo.jpg

Back