Watchmen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP

Hot-Toys-Rorschach.jpg

Holy crap! I knew about this but I'd never seen it. That looks great, even so blurred. Shame they couldn't have taken advantage of the 25th anniversary this year to release it (maybe they could do it next year to celebrate the 35th anni of the story's completion!).

As for my post above...ok, I get the message.

More from Bleeding Cool:

"How did you know? How did you know? I didn't know. How did you know?"

That was the phone call I got at 3 o'clock in the morning my time, 10 in the evening in New York. It was clearly from a bar, it was from a DC editorial type, and it was clearly in reference to the Watchmen prequels I've been talking about that, post new-52, are back on the table with Darwyn Cooke taking artistic lead. And it had been kept such a secret that certain employees of a relatively senior level had not heard a thing. And, on reading the Bleeding Cool articles, had made some enquiries.
"A conversation I had with Darwyn back in March makes all the much more sense now. When asking him what he has going on he mentions that he can't talk about it but it "would break the internet in half"." - g_zatara, Bendis boards

What is also clear that a decent sized chunk of DC is not on board for this. That they love Watchmen as it is, and see these prequel mini-series as diluting that. But there are also those who see not doing this as blatantly laving money on the table at a time when they can least afford to. And from a moral and creative viewpoint, no different to what Alan Moore has done with the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Indeed, some relish the tas, especially with Dave Gibbons on board.

And with Grant Morrison creating his own Watchmen-styled Charlton treatment in Multiversity, it looks like there's going to be a lot of cod-Watchmen going around next year.

I also had some more phone calls from NEw York bars in the last couple of nights. More on that to come later.

Okay, if it's indeed Darwyn Cooke with art by Gibbons that automatically makes this interesting, at least. And prequel stories would definitely be more palatable than a sequel.

I'm still quite skeptical, but now a tad intrigued.

More from Bleeding Cool:

Okay, if it's indeed Darwyn Cooke with art by Gibbons that automatically makes this interesting, at least. And prequel stories would definitely be more palatable than a sequel.

I'm still quite skeptical, but now a tad intrigued.

I respectfully refer you to post 15 of this thread.

I respectfully refer you to post 15 of this thread.

I still feel that way. That's why I said I'm still skeptical. I do not think this is a good idea. It would be a monumentally horrible one if the likes of Morrison, Johns, and Lee were involved. But Darwyn Cooke with Dave Gibbons? That makes it a bad idea that is at least interesting.

But, would still absolutely prefer this doesn't happen at all.

Darwyn Cooke is good but after New Frontier so amazingly overrated. People act as if he instantly makes anything classic. He isn't as bad as Lee but everytime he comes up it reminds me of the kind of awe that surrounded Tim Sale during the Heroes era.

It's meh all the way around I don't care if Moore himself decides to write it. Unneeded and a simple cash grab tis' all.

Whoa! Ive never seen this, where was the picture taken and why didnt they go through with it? The Comedian and Silk Spectre didnt sell well enough?

I don't know but for me seeing that picture is so frustrating because I want that figure so damn much. I remember someone posting a picture of a mask-less Rorschach head sculpt ages ago, it just never happened :(

I Love Watchmen and DC could prob create a fantastic story to tell in comic form but honestly i think they should leave it alone, it stands on its own, its a grand scale piece of story telling and we even got a damn good movie IMO that didnt try and milk it for more, i think they should let it go, but thats just me.

Alan Moore kind of looks like Rasputin also, just my own input.

I actually think that a better idea would be Watchmen:Revisited. A tribute to the classic book where 12 artists each get to do their take on a chapter of the book. It wouldn't tarnish the integrity of the original, and would allow DC to do something new with a classic property.

DC should just leave it alone. As if Alan Moore needs any more fuel to hate them with :slap

I'm thinking with the New 52 gamble paying off, DC is taking more risks now and seeing what pans out. :dunno

Yea but screwing around with watchmen isnt the way to go about it. If theres anything we need from watchmen, its a HT rorschach lol

Doesn't surprise me. Anything sold for $$$ that does well eventually gets the milking machine slapped on its nipples. This was just a matter of time.

Here is Laurie from Watchmen 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Is this the Silk Spectre from Watchmen 2?
But a week after illustrations of Nite Owl and The Comedian hit the net, we're now looking at what appears to artist Amanda Conner's take on the second Silk Spectre, Laurie Juspeczyk. Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston claims to have received this artwork from a shadowy tipster (who really should've quoted Rorschach for theatricality's sake). It definitely looks like Conner's (The Pro, Power Girl) work. What say you, internet? Real McCoy or skilled amateur? Or do you simply think this whole project should be banned by the Keene Act?

21294f7c7cdef0e3b75448983a96e0ae.jpg

WTF is with the earrings? Especially since it's supposed to be a prequel.

Back