Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

I must apologize... I only had three hours at the park today and none of the stores I went into had anything that resembled 'bandz'. It might help if I actually knew what they were since I still don't know. Maybe someone else can help Darth Waller?

just got back from disneyland on friday...what a great trip! staying at the grand californian was well worth it as we had easy access to both parks and downtown disney.

here was the view from our hotel balcony...

DSCN0418.jpg

and here are the little ones loving every minute of the trip...

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

Haha that's awesome, Mikedanger! I have a question for you though.

One morning I was strolling DCA before opening and they were testing and setting up the Mulholland Madness attraction (right outside of your window). I thought it was the loudest thing ever. Was that a problem for you in your suite?

Haha that's awesome, Mikedanger! I have a question for you though.

One morning I was strolling DCA before opening and they were testing and setting up the Mulholland Madness attraction (right outside of your window). I thought it was the loudest thing ever. Was that a problem for you in your suite?

not at all...the rooms were very quiet. the only thing that we could hear at night was the color of wonder show, and they were doing them all the way up to 11pm. it was cool for the first few nights then it got a little annoying to be honest. oh well...it kept me up at night but it didn't seem to bother the girls, so no big deal

I must apologize... I only had three hours at the park today and none of the stores I went into had anything that resembled 'bandz'. It might help if I actually knew what they were since I still don't know. Maybe someone else can help Darth Waller?

I may go the weekend after this one to Downtown Disney, I'll have a look around.

Have fun! (Like there is any doubt)

YoNoSe found me some Disney Bandz. :banana

Thanks to all Freaks for looking out for a fellow Freak. This board rocks! :rock

:clap:clap:clap

Glad you were able to get them. I was gonna go to DD last weekend, but my sister didn't find out if I'm having a niece or nephew yet so I had to wait to know what to buy. :lol

I just got the Disney Parks blu ray...WOW!!!:yess: I am moving to California next year...I sooooo can't wait to go!!!.I haven't been there in years!

I went to Disneyland on the 55th anniversary. Here's some photos.

Disneyland Band plays
IMG_8674.jpg

Disneyland's ambassador talks about some of the charitable events Disney has gotten in bed with in the last 55 years.
IMG_8680.jpg

Disneyland president George Kalogridis (and all around nice guy)
IMG_8687.jpg

This here's a cast member, don't remember his name but he works at Disneyland security. He's also one of the first children who ran across the bridge of Sleeping Beauty Castle on opening day (and has the photo to prove it behind him). The kids were all herded into various Fantasyland attractions and he vividly remembers his very first attraction at Disneyland: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
IMG_8697.jpg

Then five singers came out to sing a multi-language version of "When you Wish Upon a Star"
IMG_8719.jpg

The band and many other singers join in for the finale..
IMG_8736.jpg

And doves fly..
IMG_8742.jpg

And confetti falls
IMG_8754.jpg

July 17 is also the anniversary of Splash Mountain. It is now 21 years old.
IMG_8780.jpg

Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins
IMG_8840.jpg

One of my favorite past times at Disneyland during the summer was listening to the All-American College Band perform. On July 17th, they were celebrating their 40th anniversary and had many of the alumni perform with them.
IMG_8867.jpg

Coke Corner is always a good place to stop for a refreshment
IMG_8883.jpg

One of the attractions also celebrating its 55th is the Mark Twain. I took this shot while riding it.
IMG_8817.jpg

Officially one more week until Star Tours closes!
IMG_8886.jpg

If the morning re-dedication of Disneyland wasn't enough, at 4pm, guests gathered around Town Square once again to hear Walt's speech and to sing Happy Birthday to Disneyland. Then a flash mob of 55 cast members and characters ran out to dance.

IMG_8911.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

IMG_8970.jpg

IMG_8956.jpg

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

And then I went home because I was getting royally sunburnt.

That sounds like a really awesome celebration.

I think we have a bit longer for Star Tours here at WDW, I gotta see if it's going to still be open when my blackout ends. If not....may be time to upgrade...

:O Star Tours is closing??? My first memory of Disneyland is going on Star Tours. I was around the age of 4 I think. My older brother said I gripped his hand so hard that I bruised him.

:O Star Tours is closing??? My first memory of Disneyland is going on Star Tours. I was around the age of 4 I think. My older brother said I gripped his hand so hard that I bruised him.

Well i should say "closing for refurbishment"...... because next year it will STILL open as "Star Tours" but the ride experience will be updated. New destinations and the like.

Well i should say "closing for refurbishment"...... because next year it will STILL open as "Star Tours" but the ride experience will be updated. New destinations and the like.
Whew! That's much better. Scared me for a sec. :)

O.O omg!! i must have that Coke stained glass light fixture!!!
(i collect Coke things :))

I enjoy Coke memorabilia myself as well. I have a coke bottle opener on my keychain and it goes everywhere with me. (although i use it to open beer 99% of the time)

I enjoy Coke memorabilia myself as well. I have a coke bottle opener on my keychain and it goes everywhere with me. (although i use it to open beer 99% of the time)

haha nice :)
my friend was in an antique store in Gatlinburg, TN recently and she found some paper Coke cups from the 1960s and bought them for me. thats the most recent addition to my collection.

Back