Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

Some of my photos from World of Color

DL061110_362.jpg

DL061110_363.jpg

DL061110_370.jpg

DL061110_375.jpg

DL061110_409.jpg

DL061110_562.jpg

DL061110_575.jpg

DL061110_581.jpg

DL061110_584.jpg

DL061110_594.jpg

And now a handful from afar. I have tons more but... you don't need everything!

IMG_6572.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6770.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

Amazing, they really outdid themselves with that.

But I'll be honest, I don't care for the song all that much.

I like the song... just not what they did with it. It's too poppy. Overall my thoughts are that this is a great new show for Disney west coast. It could be better, of course because it really does feel like a clip show most of the time. My favorite aspects of it is just seeing the water perform the music we hear. That's when this show really soars. And if you couldn't tell, that's mostly the pictures I showed you guys. The projected moments really slow things down.

Like this:
IMG_6598.jpg

Or this:
IMG_6619.jpg

Or this
IMG_6707.jpg

so on so forth.

Minimize all that and you'll have an even better experience.

I liked alot of the clips, but I agree that the ones you listed did seem to not transition as smoothly. I liked how they went from Nemo to Fantasia 2000 and there were a few others that were nice like that. Also, I would have liked to seen some more classic stuff.

I liked alot of the clips, but I agree that the ones you listed did seem to not transition as smoothly. I liked how they went from Nemo to Fantasia 2000 and there were a few others that were nice like that. Also, I would have liked to seen some more classic stuff.

The most classic they got were only video nods to the likes of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, and Alice in Wonderland. Fantasia got the most play of the classics, but this was definitely a show geared for the later golden age of animation for sure.

As for "Pines of Rome" or the whales from Fantasia 2000, i think they missed a really cool opportunity to have them emerge from the water... start quietly and you see blowholes going off here and there. And then they fly out in grand orchestral fashion.

Yeah that would have been awesome if they had done it that way.

we leave saturday for disneyland...i can't believe a year of planning is about to happen. the kids(4 and 2) are super excited!

You're going to have a blast!

I would've loved to see the World of Color, but it was starting the day we had to leave the park early to head up to Santa Monica for the rest of our California vacation.

We thoroughly enjoyed Disneyland and California Adventure. I've been to Disney World 4 times in my life, but this was my first visit to Disney in California. Disneyland was cool in the fact that it seemed familiar to me since I've been to Magic Kingdom a number of times, but its layout was a little different and had additional rides. I could live in those parks if they would let me.

I just read on their Facebook page that they have Disney Character Bandz at the parks now. My 6-year-old daughter would love these. If anyone can get ahold of the Disney characters for me, I'd be glad to pay you for the assistance. It's the third set down on this image:

dcb817169SMALL.jpg

What are Bandz?

And glad you enjoyed Disneyland!!

Bandz are rubber bracelets when worn. When you take them off, they pop back into a specific shape. They must be the rage in elementary school because my daughter got some generic princess/castle Bandz for her birthday recently and my wife and I had never heard about them until then.

Bandz are rubber bracelets when worn. When you take them off, they pop back into a specific shape. They must be the rage in elementary school because my daughter got some generic princess/castle Bandz for her birthday recently and my wife and I had never heard about them until then.

I might go to Disneyland this sunday so I'll take a look and report back.

I might go to Disneyland this sunday so I'll take a look and report back.

That'd be awesome! :duff

And your pictures of the World of Color make me sad to have missed it, but it gives me reason to return (as do the new additions to California Adventure).

I may be going to Downtown Disney and they will likely have them there. If Cohete doesn't find them I'll check and pick some up.

My wife is a 2nd grad teacher so I am well aware of Bandz! If everyone else strikes out I am going to WDW for a week starting July 1st. I'll take a look for you, too.

Yo, you're avatar reminded me, last time I went to Disney I looked over into the control booth at the Ticket and Transportation Center Monorail Station and inside there was a Dharma Initiative symbol tacked to the wall. I couldn't see what symbol was inside. :lol

Yo, you're avatar reminded me, last time I went to Disney I looked over into the control booth at the Ticket and Transportation Center Monorail Station and inside there was a Dharma Initiative symbol tacked to the wall. I couldn't see what symbol was inside. :lol

Awesome! I love cross pollination. Of course, it helps that Disney owns LOST. I'd love to see some crossover action figures like the SW and Pirates figures, but I don't see that happening. :lol

So we went to a graduation party for my friend's son and low and behold everyone's got these Disney Bandz. Except it turns out their not Disney...or not exactly....hmmmm.....

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4092689&CAWELAID=501338320

I know there are official Disney Bandz but that castle looks awfully familiar...

It looked more like something that one of the CM's put up. I don't think it was anything official.

And who could that shoe belong to?

Back