Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

World of Color sounds really awesome, I'd love to see it. Although I have to admit that DCA holds no appeal for me whatsoever. I've been boggled by that park since it was announced. I do like the Classic Mickey face and starburst on the ferris wheel though.

Oh believe you me, us Californians had no interest in it either, especially since it's built directly across from Walt's original, well thought out, fully fleshed out for 45 years Disneyland.

But it's quite shocking just how many folks who work at Disney truly believed that they were doing a good job. I spoke to one person from WDI (who had originally worked at Walt Disney World)who thought DCA was perfectly fine.

Now.. this is not to bash Florida but Disney's mind-thought out there isn't as good as it deserves to be. They build parks there with very little to start, as the notion of a brand new park is enough to lure visitors. Instant $$$ for not a lot of overhead.

Disney execs took the Florida tourist mentality and applied that to Disneyland. Only this time, they didn't even have a good theme to start like they did with Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

DCA failed and that's why they're spending billions to fix it all up. Unfortunately with Florida, tourists will continue to come in so even if something is a failure (stitch great escape, tiki room with new management, etc)... they'll never realize it and do something about it.

DCA was terrible in 2001. But nearly 10 years later and billions on spending being done, it's becoming a decent, entertaining place to kill some time. It still has core issues that can NEVER be fixed, which is a shame... but it's becoming a better destination as time goes on.

Hey Coheteboy,

love the pics bro! I gotta wonder though if you actually ever leave the Disney premises :lol

Still keep in tough with the gang at DSP? :wink1:

Haha, that's the beauty of living close to Disneyland. I can swing in and go for an hour here, an hour there... and while it seems like I'm there a ton, it's just enough to cover the new things that are always being added.

And no, I don't talk to anyone from DSP except for Romba. Which one were you?

Oh believe you me, us Californians had no interest in it either, especially since it's built directly across from Walt's original, well thought out, fully fleshed out for 45 years Disneyland.

But it's quite shocking just how many folks who work at Disney truly believed that they were doing a good job. I spoke to one person from WDI (who had originally worked at Walt Disney World)who thought DCA was perfectly fine.

Now.. this is not to bash Florida but Disney's mind-thought out there isn't as good as it deserves to be. They build parks there with very little to start, as the notion of a brand new park is enough to lure visitors. Instant $$$ for not a lot of overhead.

Disney execs took the Florida tourist mentality and applied that to Disneyland. Only this time, they didn't even have a good theme to start like they did with Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

DCA failed and that's why they're spending billions to fix it all up. Unfortunately with Florida, tourists will continue to come in so even if something is a failure (stitch great escape, tiki room with new management, etc)... they'll never realize it and do something about it.

DCA was terrible in 2001. But nearly 10 years later and billions on spending being done, it's becoming a decent, entertaining place to kill some time. It still has core issues that can NEVER be fixed, which is a shame... but it's becoming a better destination as time goes on.

Haha, that's the beauty of living close to Disneyland. I can swing in and go for an hour here, an hour there... and while it seems like I'm there a ton, it's just enough to cover the new things that are always being added.

And no, I don't talk to anyone from DSP except for Romba. Which one were you?

Interesting insight on DCA. Personally I think they should at one point bridge the gap and make Disneyland and DCA one park. I just don't see the logic in having two parks right next to each other (other than charging twice the admission of course).

At one point early on I wish they would have made DCA a Pixar themed park. They already had Monsters Inc, Bugs Life, and the Pixar block party, why not port over Buzz's blaster ride from Disney? and now with the addition of Toy Story Mania and an entire Cars land, it would have made sense, but that's just me.

As for DSP, no I don't keep in touch with anyone anymore, but early on I was a Mod and front page reporter on the original DSP before DSP2. I think I went by the name Josgo? it was a lifetime ago and I honestly don't remember :lol Loved your strips though, still do any of those these days?

Interesting insight on DCA. Personally I think they should at one point bridge the gap and make Disneyland and DCA one park. I just don't see the logic in having two parks right next to each other (other than charging twice the admission of course).

At one point early on I wish they would have made DCA a Pixar themed park. They already had Monsters Inc, Bugs Life, and the Pixar block party, why not port over Buzz's blaster ride from Disney? and now with the addition of Toy Story Mania and an entire Cars land, it would have made sense, but that's just me.

As for DSP, no I don't keep in touch with anyone anymore, but early on I was a Mod and front page reporter on the original DSP before DSP2. I think I went by the name Josgo? it was a lifetime ago and I honestly don't remember :lol Loved your strips though, still do any of those these days?

Hehe, no, I haven't done much action figure comics since then. And I remember ya now but not too much since it was a long time ago.

As for Disneyland and DCA being one massive park, I don't think that would work. It's just too dang big and complicated. Keeping things separate allows them to keep track of things better and also keep the crowds separated.

For example... say you have a max occupancy in one park to be say... 80,000 people. And let's say that the other park has the same occupancy level. If one side is maxed, you can send folks to the other side. If both sides are maxed then... it's time to build Gate #3.

But IF it was all one park and everyone in both parks hoarded the most popular attractions, you would have REALLY long waits on all the best stuff. You would have REALLY long waits at all the best restaurants. It could potentially get really UNbalanced.

Also right now Disney does private party events for various groups. Grad Nights at Disneyland or Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. This is all to keep as many folks AT disneyland while they open World of Color this summer.

There's very good reason to keep things separated. And there's also very very good reasons not to turn California Adventure into a Pixar park. I'll get into that some other time. :)

I have horrible timing. We planned a trip to Disneyland the first half of next week, and then they announce the premiere of World of Color the day after we plan on leaving. Last time they were opening Captain Eo the day after we left. Two years ago we were there the day before Toy Story Mania opened to the public.

:banghead

Just a few more days until my first trip to Disneyland! I'll be there part of the 9th and all day on the 10th and 11th. :rock

I have horrible timing. We planned a trip to Disneyland the first half of next week, and then they announce the premiere of World of Color the day after we plan on leaving. Last time they were opening Captain Eo the day after we left. Two years ago we were there the day before Toy Story Mania opened to the public.

Aww man, that really sucks. Maybe they'll do a special viewing of World of Color. Summer Nightastic isn't supposed to start here until Monday, but passholders got an e-mail saying they are doing it tomorrow night.

I was really hoping for some sort of annual passholder preview, but I guess not.

My passes are good through November, so I know that I will see it at some point--it just stinks to be there and barely miss it.

Yeah that does stink, I'd be completely bummed too.

Yah that is a bummer. They are having Cast Member previews on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday there's the radio preview parties that listeners win tickets for. Thursday is the media blitz for members of the Press - invited guests only. Friday is the grand opening.

Went to see the Summer Nightastic fireworks at WDW last night. They are amazing. Anyone going to the Magic Kingdom this summer is in for a real treat.

Haha that's really random.

P.S. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT WORLD OF COLOR. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!!

That is amazing... What the hell are the odds...

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

Well, just caught a live webcast of the premier of World of Color. In a word? WOW.

watching it I couldn't believe how amazing it looked and sounded. I teared up a bit at some parts and I had a bump in my throat thinking of Walt with a big smile on his face and how proud he would of been. And that's just from a webcast! I can't wait to see it live!

Last edited:

That sounds amazing. I gotta get out to Anaheim. There was talk of a business trip for conference out there and I was hoping it would happen and they would let me fly out a little early or stay a little later to do Disney as long as I paid for my own hotel that day and any difference in air fare. But they decided not to go so...

here you go guys, the show in it's entirety, about 28 min long

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7o0Icz6ExiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7o0Icz6ExiM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Amazing, they really outdid themselves with that.

But I'll be honest, I don't care for the song all that much.

Yeah they seemed like they must be.

Back