Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tons but hard to remember specific ones when there isn't a topic. Here's a fun one:

Celebrity sightings:
-Nicholas Cage -- wearing a big cowboy hat and sunglasses, had two kids with him. No plaid (nickname for the Disneyland Ambassadors that usually accompany talent. They wear plaid.)

-Nick Nolte -- Almost ran me over backstage in his SUV.

-Warren Beatty and Annette Bening -- She was riding Dumbo with her kids and he was on the side taking pictures. Sweet moment actually. There was a plaid not too far.

I've seen several more while NOT working:

-Dave Foley -- Several times, both in California Adventure (I guess he's the voice of Flik and stuff and one of those elves from Prep & Landing). He had plaid with him.

-Jaleel White -- This is back in the Urkel days. Saw him in the Starcade with Adam Jeffries (black actor who was in Fox's True Colors... remember that show?). Then saw them later on Big Thunder.

-Donald Faison (scrubs) -- walking through Tomorrowland

-Jason Segel (muppets) and Chris O'Dowd (IT Crowd, Bridesmaids) -- wandering around Matterhorn with a plaid. They were both wearing Disney apparel.

-Ice Cube -- W/ plaid, getting on California Screamin' roller coaster.

There's more... I just can't think of them right now. I mean, I see John Lasseter there all the time too. But it's kind of his job to be there now.

That's awesome.

Nick Nolte seems like he is not playing with a full deck.

Warren and Annette seem like the most genuine hollywood couple.

-Jason Segel (muppets) and Chris O'Dowd (IT Crowd, Bridesmaids) -- wandering around Matterhorn with a plaid. They were both wearing Disney apparel.

Chris O'Dowd is brilliant. I loved IT Crowd and Pirate Radio. If I had been there I would've asked for his autograph.

I had a wonderful time in WDW last week. Weather was great and the lines were amazing.
Now that I am home--I see they released the Yeti Vinyl guy.
If anyone can pick me up one--I can either pay now or get in August at Star Wars con.

You mean the PARK STARZ? Those have been sold out at Disneyland for MONTHS. I've been on the look out for Yeti too. I have everyone else I wanted mostly.

Chris O'Dowd is brilliant. I loved IT Crowd and Pirate Radio. If I had been there I would've asked for his autograph.

Yup! When I saw him I went "Chris O'Dowd??" And then we chatted and I asked to take a picture with him. Oh and then I saw Jason Segal standing there so I told him to join. Pretty cool. hahaha

Some cools perks on top of being paid the big bucks.

Seriously. If I was marginally famous, my contract would read, "NO PAYMENT NECESSARY. Client will receive lifetime admission to Disney parks, and one Dole Whip per day."

Yeah, he rules. The only real worthwhile part of "Bridesmaids", at that.

Yup! When I saw him I went "Chris O'Dowd??" And then we chatted and I asked to take a picture with him. Oh and then I saw Jason Segal standing there so I told him to join. Pretty cool. hahaha

How often do you think that happens, O'Dowd getting recognized first in the US, when he's standing next to Jason Segal. :lol

How often do you think that happens, O'Dowd getting recognized first in the US, when he's standing next to Jason Segal. :lol

NOT OFTEN! Which is why I'm glad it worked in getting their attention. Probably why Chris was so cool and appreciative. Of course, the girls see the picture and go "HOW DO YOU GET A PICTURE OF JASON SEGAL?" That was just icing for me haha.

NOT OFTEN! Which is why I'm glad it worked in getting their attention. Probably why Chris was so cool and appreciative. Of course, the girls see the picture and go "HOW DO YOU GET A PICTURE OF JASON SEGAL?" That was just icing for me haha.

"Who? Oh, that tall guy? Yeah he was just standing there for some reason."

But even for a semi-famous actor, he must have loved getting noticed first. It's like when I saw a concert a long while back, and a bunch of the bands were milling about outside, later on. And I just wanted to meet the singer from the opening-opening-opening-opening-act. So he probably got a mild charge out of getting approached, rather than the much more famous other people.

Blech. Test Track will be closed when I'm going to be there, and closed until Fall.

That's a bummer. I think the ride is boring but still make an effort to ride.

Who's going to Star Wars Weekends?? Anyone? Anyone with a nice camera?

That's a bummer. I think the ride is boring but still make an effort to ride.

Who's going to Star Wars Weekends?? Anyone? Anyone with a nice camera?

I'll be in the parade. :monkey3

Funny enough I don't think I've ever actually gone in the parks during SWW. That park is just too packed.

Test Track will be closed when I'm there too, but I'm more annoyed becausre it means the Soarin' line will be even longer!

Test Track will be closed when I'm there too, but I'm more annoyed becausre it means the Soarin' line will be even longer!

They need to look into opening another Soarin' because the wait on that ride is ridiculous and the fast pass tickets are usually snatched up real quick.

Exactly. It's a double whammy - not only the ride itself being closed, but a ride that at all points of the day would have a TON of people on it / on line. And those people have to go somewhere.

Also, did anyone read about the update from the Narnia attraction in DHS to a Jack attraction? I'm not expecting huge things, since it's always been a B ticket attraction, but it actually seems like they're planning something pretty interesting.

Test Track will be down for my trip, too, but I'm making a sign to leave out front referring people to Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Have a nice nap! :wave

Test Track will be down for my trip, too, but I'm making a sign to leave out front referring people to Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Have a nice nap! :wave

There won't be room out front because that's where they are putting the Test Track singers. Which I'm sure, for people who didn't know TT would be closed, will be an adequate replacement.

Test Track being closed brings me back to my ultimate saying: Walt Disney World needs more rides.

Test Track being closed brings me back to my ultimate saying: Walt Disney World needs more rides.

Couldn't agree more. I feel this is true especially at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. For me AK is Everest and not much else. While Avatar land doesn't pique my interest much, it'll add something.

HS needs more stuff to move people away from the glut that develops at the RNR and ToT.

Well, I think many people would argue that Kilimanjaro Safaris is equal to, if not exceeds EE.

Both are unique in their ways and a "must-see" for the park. But lose one and you have another day at the zoo. It's a nice zoo though! Dinosaur is decent and Kali is a nice distraction but there's not enough.

Back