Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't be done because of the current contracts, but I think updating Innoventions in Epcot and have it hosted by Tony Stark, Hank Pym, and Reed Richards would be awesome. I also think a Fantastic Four type show ala Honey I Shrunk the Audience once Captain EO is gone would be cool.

Otherwise I agree about Marvel characters. They would be okay in a small part of DHS. Maybe redo the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

My favorite attractions out of all parks altogether are:
1) Revenge of the Mummy
2) Spider-Man

I'm bummed about Jaws being gone. I hate seeing classic USF stuff go, slowly but surely.

yeah... i was never able to do King Kong, then closed. i did back to the future once, and i really really hate the spimsons ride, makes me dizzy.
i love mummy, hollywood rip ride roller coaster is awesome, my favorite,

Universal is a lot smaller than the disney parks, but disney, being so big and all, doesnt have that many cool rides, if you take out the kid rides, disney has like 10-12 good rides in total, all parks, Uni has around 7-10 good rides, counting the kids rides out, i like both, just reading that some folks here havent gone to uni, Uni can be quite awesome, is like, uni is smaller but things are in one place, Disney is a lot bigger but the rides are more spread out because of it,

I think the draw of Disney over Universal for most people is the theming and experience. At least that is the difference for me. Well, that and I love Disney more than any property Universal has.

I think the draw of Disney over Universal for most people is the theming and experience. At least that is the difference for me. Well, that and I love Disney more than any property Universal has.

I love Universal. Their lineup of rides is truly amazing. And while USF itself has some spotty but overall good theming, IOA's theming is top notch.

That said, it is just missing whatever it is that Disney has. When I stay at WDW, I love not leaving the compound, and just letting myself turn off my cynical switch and having fun. (Of course, that is purely theoretical, as check-in issues, long lines, or myriad other reasons to piss me off still pop up on a regular basis at WDW.) But it is always amazing to me how I feel in WDW. I'll be walking through a gift shop, and just smile and say "Hi" to some random person, solely because they're also immersed in Disney-ness. If I ran into that person at a store at home? I'd look down at my feet to avoid making eye contact with them.

If every ride from WDW and USF were plucked from the parks, and placed in a more sterile, Six Flags-type environment, Universal's lineup would win in a heartbeat for me. But how and where Disney's rides are used, and the theming therein, are as important as the rides themselves.

I honestly think is the sheer size, WDW is a monster complex, is like a small town, it really feels like a small town sometimes, from the hotels to the parks, restaurants,
so in size yeah, WDW wins, if you take Uni, Bush Gardens, Sea world, and put them together WDW would still be bigger,
and the people that work at WDW are more friendly than anywhere else, someone told me they are told to smile at all times, they have to lol.
so I know what you mean, WDW is a huge place,
But I don't like when people put Uni down, or kinda worries me that people come to Disney for years and years and never Uni lol, Uni has really cool rides, faster than wdw,

I have 8 year old girls. This trip is for them. They're having a princess breakfast and the Cinderella dinner. They want autographs and pictures with Aurora and Repunzel. From their POV Disney Princesses > Harry Potter. My girls have probably watched Tangled more than I've seen SW:TESB, and that's saying something.

I would consider driving up the road and doing a day at Universal, but it would cost almost 300 dollars to get the four of us in the door for one day. :monkey4

I honestly think is the sheer size, WDW is a monster complex, is like a small town, it really feels like a small town sometimes, from the hotels to the parks, restaurants,
so in size yeah, WDW wins, if you take Uni, Bush Gardens, Sea world, and put them together WDW would still be bigger,
and the people that work at WDW are more friendly than anywhere else, someone told me they are told to smile at all times, they have to lol.
so I know what you mean, WDW is a huge place,
But I don't like when people put Uni down, or kinda worries me that people come to Disney for years and years and never Uni lol, Uni has really cool rides, faster than wdw,

Monster complex is somewhat why I don't particularly favor Walt Disney World in most situations. I know that for many, they want to get away and relax but haha... then go on a cruise or a tropical island! When I go to anything Disney, I want to be surrounded and completely immersed with DISNEY.

Now... I don't know what you all consider immersive, but I don't consider Disney-owned-swamp as immersive. Each resort is still isolated from another. Each park is separated in great distances from another. That to me is not a plus, PERSONALLY because I love walking and would prefer the option of that or their transportation.

I feel immersed when I'm at Disneyland, despite its smaller size because I'm either at a Disney Park, Downtown Disney, or Disney Hotel at all times. There's no "inbetween".

Universal Orlando is very much like Disneyland. Two parks, Citywalk. I like being able to park hop via walking. No.... I LOVE being able to park hop via walking.

WDW is immersive as in when you go there you go to Disney. It's a whole nother world.

When I go to Universal I'm just going to a theme park with rides.

LOVE Disney.

BTW, Epcot just added a tequila bar inside the Mexico pavilion that is THE BOMB!! It's an awesome little hole in the wall place with like 20 tequilas and amazing homemade chips and guacamole. Its not a restaurant, just the chips. It's a must see that no one knows about yet.

I would still go to WDW if there were no rides at all.

If there were no rides, there wouldn't be WDW.

I mean... I know what you're saying because I enjoy going to Disneyland and not doing a thing but walking around and appreciating the atmosphere. But realistically, the place wouldn't be able to support itself without rides.

Universal Orlando is very much like Disneyland. Two parks, Citywalk. I like being able to park hop via walking. No.... I LOVE being able to park hop via walking.

Completely agree!
:lecture!

Coheteboy, did you go to the End of the Line party from ElecTRONica?
Sad to see it go, but I went there about 4 times...
They should've kept at least Flynn's arcade IMO.

WDW is immersive as in when you go there you go to Disney. It's a whole nother world.

When I go to Universal I'm just going to a theme park with rides.

LOVE Disney.

BTW, Epcot just added a tequila bar inside the Mexico pavilion that is THE BOMB!! It's an awesome little hole in the wall place with like 20 tequilas and amazing homemade chips and guacamole. Its not a restaurant, just the chips. It's a must see that no one knows about yet.

We hit that up every trip now. :hi5:

Completely agree!
:lecture!

Coheteboy, did you go to the End of the Line party from ElecTRONica?
Sad to see it go, but I went there about 4 times...
They should've kept at least Flynn's arcade IMO.

I wanted to go on the very last night but wasn't able to. (i blame my brother for getting engaged and therefore we had to have a family dinner LOL).

But in other news, I just rode TRANSFORMERS THE RIDE today. It has soft opened and has a grand opening in May. I went on it twice. It makes about as much sense as the movies but it's all about the spectacle and the fun of it. It's really impressive but I think if you've done Spider-Man before, some of the fun will be diminished because you kinda know how it's done.

But still... it's an impressive attraction that is sure to be very popular for Universal Hollywood. The drawback of course is that it's another "THE RIDE" next to Jurassic Park The Ride and The Mummy Returns The Ride.

Ah, so it is like the Universal Spiderman 3D one?
I love it!! I was thinking it would be like that, but I'm glad to have confirmation on that...
This might be the only good thing to come out of Bayformers :lol
Much like the Waterworld stunt show is the only good thing to come out fo the movie...
:lol

I would still go to WDW if there were no rides at all.

well... lol, that's kinda already there haha, I mean, Epcot barely has any rides, Animal kindom has a couple, Hollywood studios has a handful, :rotfl:rotfl

the strongest park as far as rides go is Magic Kingdom, and like some of you were saying, going to epcot is pretty much for the food only, Hollywood is a lot of shows, not really rides, Animal kindom is amazing for the theme and atmosphere, but, lol, if WDW didn;t have rides, it wouldn't be much of a difference lol

Ah, so it is like the Universal Spiderman 3D one?
I love it!! I was thinking it would be like that, but I'm glad to have confirmation on that...
This might be the only good thing to come out of Bayformers :lol
Much like the Waterworld stunt show is the only good thing to come out fo the movie...
:lol

Whoops missed the Spider-Man part. I think a Transformers ride like that would be cool. It'd definitely top my list of rides I'd like to do. Is the JP ride out there the same as Orlando?

P.S. Three and a half weeks until my first Disneyland trip! :impatient:

Back