Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disneyland has always been cool but I don't think you can quite grasp how awesome it is til you have kids and you take them there for the first time. We took our twin girls there a week ago and it was amazing! Granted it was crowded beyond believe during the xmas break but well worth it.

Hehe, glad you guys had a good time!

I went yesterday with some friends expecting that the last day of weekend Christmas was packed…. turns out, everyone having work the next day made it decent!

I made some time lapses that I put on my instagram account. @coheteboy if you guys want to see.

Nice wbeem! I'd love to see more of your Hoopla pictures as I had a terrible location this last years Star Wars Weekend!

I haven't posted most of them, and the ones I have posted aren't really in a convenient set. The easiest thing to do is follow this Star Wars search on my site. It also has some shots from Star Wars Celebration V and VI when it was in Orlando.

https://williambeem.com/?s=star+wars

There's also this shot on Flickr from the Hyperspace Hoopla.

For a Safe and Secure Society by wbeem, on Flickr

I've been to Disneyland several times because I live close but I've never been to WDW. However, my wonder mother-in-law is planning on taking the whole family next year! I'm super excited to go but I will have to go back in 2017! In 2017 the Avatar Land should be done and I MUST see how they do Pandora! I bet it will be just EPIC!

Got to eat right across John Travoltas table at Disneyland in the Blue Bayou restaurant yesterday. God, the surf and turf dish was amazing. Pretty neat day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I don't feel like reading the entire thread. I'm going to DisneyWorld for the first time this May and realized its a SW Weekend. What does Disney do those weekends? Anything I should plan on seeing or attending? Any details would be great!!!! Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I don't feel like reading the entire thread. I'm going to DisneyWorld for the first time this May and realized its a SW Weekend. What does Disney do those weekends? Anything I should plan on seeing or attending? Any details would be great!!!! Thanks in advance.

No worries! Basically during Star Wars Weekends, the rest of the resort operates as usual. But at Disney's Hollywood Studios, there's a… menagerie of things offered.

The thing that's always there is Star Tours: The Adventures Continue motion simulator. The Tatooine Traders shop is at the exit.

But in addition, there's:

-Celebrity Signings and Autographs, guest list changes every weekend
-Exclusive Merchandise sold at a huge tent called Darth Mall (things like capturing yourself in carbonite or your face on a stormtrooper, pins, posters, toys)
-Parade
-Hollywood Hoopla - an annoying obnoxious dance competition with Star Wars characters
-Last year there was a one-man show with the voice of Clone Wars Obi-Wan… not sure if that's coming back but there's usually an exclusive show featuring a Star Wars actor interviewing other cast and what not.

You might want to keep an eye on this site for SWW info: https://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

I went for the first time in 2010 and again last year. It's a lot of fun if you're a Star Wars fan, but it can also be pretty frustrating due to the large crowds, long lines, and hot/humid weather. The autograph tickets are done via fast pass outside the front gate. They are very limited and it's one per guest. If you really want to meet a celebrity for an autograph you need to get in line before the park opens to ensure you get one. If it's someone really popular, like Ray Park, you're going to have to get there very early.

There's usually 3 or 4 different shows throughout the day, one in which the host of Star Wars Weekends does a sit down, talk show-like interview with two of the other celebrities. I went to two different shows each time I was there and they were very entertaining. It's also a great way to get away from the heat outside and rest for a half hour or so. You'll want to get in line for the shows early as they will fill up.

There's also a motorcade which I think was around 11:00 am or noon. There are a bunch of photo opportunities with different Star Wars characters, and even Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters, scattered throughout the park.

Here are a few pics from my two visits:

100_0969.jpg

100_1042.jpg

iphone562_zps8d800db9.jpg

iphone530_zps0a9c34b4.jpg

Heading down to WDW in the morning. I'm interested and a bit skeptical about how much the MM+ stuff will "enhance" my vacation. If nothing else I'm just happy to escape the -5-10 degree and snow weather pattern.

Thanks for the info on SW weekends. I'm going with my 5 and 7 year old sons too so I don't think we'll be waiting for any autographs, but some of the stuff should be fun.

The nice thing about SWW - it will usually be more crowded than normal, on aggregate. But if you don't feel like waiting for waste of time autographs (this was my experience my last 3x being there during SWW) of the kid who played Lil Boba Fett, Jake LLoyd, some random guy who was an Ewok or something - you'll get a lot of the Star Wars flair and extra decorations and shows.

Back