Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics from Disneyland, Easter Edition!

DL04062014_166.jpg

DL04062014_164.jpg

DL04062014_165.jpg

DL04062014_161.jpg

DL04062014_163.jpg

DL04062014_162.jpg

DL04062014_159.jpg

DL04062014_155.jpg

DL04062014_158.jpg

I've started saving to take my daughter in 3 years she will be 4 and 1/2 years old, trying to get the trip in before she starts school, question is do you think she will be too young? I know she probably won't remember a lot of it that's why we will go again when she's about 8. I've been 3 times myself I'm 45 now and I've always dreamt of the day of taking my child because I know the feeling I get in WDW wiz fantastic and I can't wait to see her face the first time she meets Minnie Mouse for the first time, she never lets her little Minnie Mouse toy ever go.

I don't think she's too young. Really, I'd assume the only downside is (and I don't mean this offensively) is dealing with her during the trip. You've been there - you know how hectic it can get. I can only imagine it's exponentially more crazy with a young child.

And a kid will experience it differently as a 4 year old and an 8 year old. Next time, she'll be going on more rides, and generally being more involved. I don't remember when I stopped thinking the characters were real - maybe 19 years old? But as a four year old, she is going to think she is meeting Minnie, something she might not think at 8. So that alone will make it worth it.

Speaking of kids...

My wife is a teacher, and her favorite student is getting some crazy surgery this summer. He was born with defects in his legs, so this summer he is actually having to have his legs broken, so they can be re-set correctly. What's worse is that both legs can't be done at the same time, so he has to go through this twice this summer.

He's a huge Disney fan, so what my wife and I are going to do on are trip is get autographs for him. What we're also going to do (and I'm taking credit for this idea) is laminating a sign that will say "Get Well Soon Matthew" in Disney font, for characters to hold in pictures. We're doing a few character meals, so we can get some pics then, and are also hoping to snag some other random shots.

Can anyone think of anything else cool we could do? Not "buy him stuff" type things, but something along the lines of what we're already doing. He also likes Star Wars, so we're hoping to get some pictures with walkaround characters like Stormtroopers, etc. The SWW lines tend to get a bit crazy for characters, but we'll see what we can do.

Shropt - You're just in the parade, right? Not a walkaround? I'm seeing about getting some insider knowledge on the picture front.

You could get him some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. They are free with your ticket. You can get them at the Magic Kingdom Fire Station. If you plan to see Anna and Elsa try and get a Fast Pass. The lines are ridiculously long for them.

Shropt - You're just in the parade, right? Not a walkaround? I'm seeing about getting some insider knowledge on the picture front.

Yeah, just doing the parade. The free cards idea is cool as they are really nice trading cards. Other than getting the sign photos I really can't think of anything else.

If you wanna buy just one thing you can always get him a personalized Mickey Ears. They sell all types nowadays including a cool R2-D2 hat.

Speaking of kids...

My wife is a teacher, and her favorite student is getting some crazy surgery this summer. He was born with defects in his legs, so this summer he is actually having to have his legs broken, so they can be re-set correctly. What's worse is that both legs can't be done at the same time, so he has to go through this twice this summer.

He's a huge Disney fan, so what my wife and I are going to do on are trip is get autographs for him. What we're also going to do (and I'm taking credit for this idea) is laminating a sign that will say "Get Well Soon Matthew" in Disney font, for characters to hold in pictures. We're doing a few character meals, so we can get some pics then, and are also hoping to snag some other random shots.

Can anyone think of anything else cool we could do? Not "buy him stuff" type things, but something along the lines of what we're already doing. He also likes Star Wars, so we're hoping to get some pictures with walkaround characters like Stormtroopers, etc. The SWW lines tend to get a bit crazy for characters, but we'll see what we can do.

If it's not crazy big and need extra pictures, feel free to send it to me and I can do what I can to get the ones you missed out on.

EXCEPT FROZEN! God, I hate that movie. And it's over two hours for a meet & greet. TWO HOURS.

If it's not crazy big and need extra pictures, feel free to send it to me and I can do what I can to get the ones you missed out on.

EXCEPT FROZEN! God, I hate that movie. And it's over two hours for a meet & greet. TWO HOURS.

Yeah, I think WDW is averaging about 3 hours standby.

The sign won't be big, since we need to fold it into my wife's bag (one of those string cinch type things). So it won't be big or fancy - just enough to get the point across without being a giant inconvenience throughout the trip. We'll probably get 8 uniques alone at dinner, so if we get extras here and there that'll be good as well. So I think we'll be good, quantity-wise - thanks though.

The opening date of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride was announced earlier today as Wednesday, May 28th. I scored 3 FastPasses for that since we'll be there. :rock

Wow, this explains the site's terribleness today:

"Jim McPhee says over 50,000 signups already for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FastPass+ this morning."

I've seen a lot of video ride throughs online and while it looks fun, it does seem a tad short for a brand new attraction… just over 2 minutes long.

I've seen a lot of video ride throughs online and while it looks fun, it does seem a tad short for a brand new attraction… just over 2 minutes long.

I've avoided all the stuff on it, since I want to go on the ride fresh. But that's not too surprising, the whole time I was expecting an amalgamation of Big Thunder and the Barnstormer.

I've avoided all the stuff on it, since I want to go on the ride fresh. But that's not too surprising, the whole time I was expecting an amalgamation of Big Thunder and the Barnstormer.

I mean… if they really want to make some noise, it should be a tad more than that. Now there's two mine related coasters in the same park.

Have you guys seen the ride through of Hong Kong Disneyland's Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Train??

It's like if Big Thunder Mountain Railroad mated with Grizzly River Run and again mated with Expedition Everest. It's one of the coolest Disney Coasters ever made in my opinion:

His on-ride commentary is annoying but this is a good look POV from the front and then from the back.

Back