Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this D23 exclusive for $99,99 at the American Disney Store:

Image_Resize_Add.asp

Image_Resize_Medium.asp

A steal in my opinion :yess:

Last edited:
I haven't looked at any WDCC pieces for awhile now and look what they release behind my back!

kgrhqjlye4l7pgk7bonhjte.jpg

I'm a sucker for all things Jungle Book... now I have to find the extra funds for this!

This is the fifth Mowgli and the third Baloo from WDCC....

AND STILL NO MR.TOAD FIGURES!!!! :impatient: :impatient: :impatient:
(No I don't count Blue Boy and Pinkie nor that Con exclusive)

I'm all for a Mr. Toad! I was tempted to get a Mr. Toad in the Motorcar on eBay, but decided it just wasn't worth the money. I'd rather have the Hichhiking Ghosts anyway.

Wow... I really hope they make another one. I'd like Moley and...the other guy too. Damn, I need to rewatch that toon.

AND STILL NO MR.TOAD FIGURES!!!! :impatient: :impatient: :impatient:
(No I don't count Blue Boy and Pinkie nor that Con exclusive)

I ordered the con exclusive direct from Disney last week for $100. It's super cool to me because I primarily collect Haunted Mansion stuff anyways.

VMBlog_20110913_RF1MGift.jpg

:rotfl Well don't I look like an idiot. I paid 200 bucks for that thing on eBay. Oh well, I love it anyway.

WOW... I've never seen that statue before... VERY cool! How did this statue slip past me?

When I mentioned "the con exclusive" in my previous post I meant this 2002 Disneyana Convention exclusive from WDCC:

wdcctoadcar400.jpg

I'm afraid I'll never own that little guy. There is currently one on Ebay that runs between $700-$800. Too rich for my blood.

So this new statue is based on the Toad statue that is part of the Haunted Mansion grounds.

mrtoad.jpg

Isn't THAT statue a faux bronze version of the Mr. Toad Big Fig?

picture015sn.jpg

Thankfully, I bought this Big Fig when it first came out through the Disney Store catalog. I don't think I could afford it now. :horror :horror :horror

WOW... I've never seen that statue before... VERY cool! How did this statue slip past me?

When I mentioned "the con exclusive" in my previous post I meant this 2002 Disneyana Convention exclusive from WDCC:

wdcctoadcar400.jpg

I'm afraid I'll never own that little guy. There is currently one on Ebay that runs between $700-$800. Too rich for my blood.

So this new statue is based on the Toad statue that is part of the Haunted Mansion grounds.

mrtoad.jpg

Isn't THAT statue a faux bronze version of the Mr. Toad Big Fig?

picture015sn.jpg

Thankfully, I bought this Big Fig when it first came out through the Disney Store catalog. I don't think I could afford it now. :horror :horror :horror

Hi, I have all three states you have photos of in your post. The WDCC was from one of the WDAC/WDCC conventions. The faux bronze if from the recent Room for one more event at Disney World. It is smaller than the Big Fig and although they both seem to be in a similar pose, when you put them side by side, apart from the difference in size, the sculpts are different. So they are definitely two different statues.

I don't know if its not allowed to post such information here. If it is, please delete this post and my apologies.

If its okay, I want to tell everyone interested in WDCC that a group of us who collect WDCC and have had a small message board for a long time, have now started a new Facebook group that is specific to WDCC collecting. To find the group on Facebook, do a search of groups for WDCC Disney Collectibles and then ask to join the group and we will add you to the group. We have tons of photos of WDCC items there, lots of information with lots of WDCC experts, and over 60 members at this time.

Wish I could afford more of these statues, just got tic toc croc from Peter Pan, and love it, owned it years ago but needed to sell, Would love to get the Jessica and Roger next.

Hi, I have all three states you have photos of in your post. The WDCC was from one of the WDAC/WDCC conventions. The faux bronze if from the recent Room for one more event at Disney World. It is smaller than the Big Fig and although they both seem to be in a similar pose, when you put them side by side, apart from the difference in size, the sculpts are different. So they are definitely two different statues.

Yeah, I noticed that the Room For One More faux bronze piece is a different sculpt (the feet are positioned differently for one and the head is bigger) but I was wondering if the Big Fig Figure of Mr. Toad is the same as the one that is in the Pet Cemetary at the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom.

I wonder which one came first?

Yeah, I noticed that the Room For One More faux bronze piece is a different sculpt (the feet are positioned differently for one and the head is bigger) but I was wondering if the Big Fig Figure of Mr. Toad is the same as the one that is in the Pet Cemetary at the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom.

I wonder which one came first?

The Faux Bronze is just like the bronze in the Pet Cemetary at Magic Kingdom. Not the the big fig.

I hate to beat a dead horse....

This is the only picture I've seen of the Mr. Toad piece that appears on the grounds of the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of him that last time I was at WDW. That way I could see for myself the size and the sculpt of it.
mrtoad.jpg

Does anybody else have a picture of it so I can get a sense of size and shape of the piece?

And this is a picture of the recently released piece that honors that statue:

vmblog20110913rf1mgift.jpg

I really like this new piece... especially how they replicate the faux bronze color of the original piece. But I like ALL things Mr. Toad. It's "mania" I've had for years. However, if you compare the two sculpts, the head on the released piece is a tad wider than the HM statue and the feet are in a different pose. It appears to be a separate sculpt that tries to pay homage to the piece in Magic Kingdom.

However, when I look at the actual piece in the first picture of this thread, I'm struck but the similiarity to the Big Fig that I have... that I look at practically EVERY day. Although cast in different colors, it appears to me to be the same sculpt. Even the feet are in the same position.

picture015sn.jpg

It is reasonable to assume that when Disney decided to offer the Big Fig for sale at their Parks that they would commission a separate piece to be cast from that sculpt and placed in the Haunted Mansion graveyard to honor the closing of Mr. Toad's Wide Ride in Florida.

I'm I the only one who cares about this.... :dunno
Probably. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I just think it would be cool to know that a copy of the Big Fig have is also located in the Haunted Mansion. :clap

Look what the Postman bringeth!! :yess:

seizingdestiny.jpg

Seizing Destiny - WDCC
Very cool piece. This was probably my favorite Disney growing up so I'm thrilled!

Back