Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where can one get more disney statues then. They canceled the big figure line and now this. What is going on? Isnt disney a big seller?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the WDCC line just changed hands from Enesco to Precious Moments.

Am I misinformed? :dunno

Do you have any more information concerrning the cancellatioin?

Precious Moments don't make high end collectibles in my opinion. Just cute Carlton Cards little toys. When I heard Enesco had given up the license and it was being given to PM my heart sank. Sure enough their first previews of new pieces in the WDCC kind were atrocities. After widespread backlash against their mass market abominations PM hastily beat a retreat and took down the previews vowing to rework things.

They eventually came to the realization they couldn't make money while creating pieces of the quality that the WDCC line demanded and bowed out.

Their statement to dealers:

"We truly appreciate the fans and collectors who have been eagerly awaiting the Walt Disney Classics Collection product launch by Precious Moments Incorporated®. After extensive consultation with Disney®, we have jointly decided not to move forward with the release of the collection. The Walt Disney Classics Collection will be placed into the “vault” alongside other cherished Disney classics.

We invite you to continue to celebrate Disney characters and stories with the beautifully crafted collectibles available in the Disney Showcase Collection by Precious Moments. These exquisite pieces are available at Disney Theme Parks, DisneyStore.com, PreciousMoments.com, and specialty retailers.

Thank you for your continued support of Precious Moments Incorporated."

Thank God at least they had the good sense to realize they were in over their heads and let the line close with dignity and on a high note. It's still sad. No doubt these pieces were overpriced but they also were unparalleled at capturing the best memories we had of our favorite Disney scenes in statue format. Porcelain, perfect paint jobs, and plussing on many pieces made the WDCC a high end line to collect. It had a good run but I will mourn the missed opportunities of the magnificent statues we could have gotten from Tangled and Frozen.

I was under the impression that the WDCC line just changed hands from Enesco to Precious Moments.

Am I misinformed? :dunno

Do you have any more information concerrning the cancellatioin?

PM decided to drop it so now no one has the WDCC license.

PM decided to drop it so now no one has the WDCC license.

That is really bizarre. I think that Disney is an odd duck in that these would sell better in the places you dont normally go to buy statues. I would think that the DX23 crowd would be all over these offerings. DVC members. Heck they should be decorating their resorts with a smattering of these things since they are 'home'. Seems like several missed opportunities happening at once.

Personally, I think there was a dramatic shift in quality over the last several years. I only purchased a few pieces in that time... Only because they are from my VERY favorite Disney films:

King Louie with Throne
Robin Hood and Maid Marian Wedding piece
Skippy
Jedi Mickey

... and they all look poor when displayed with the rest of my "vintage" collection. I've thought about buying the rest of the statues from the Robin Hood wedding scene but I could never bring myself to pull the trigger... Friar Tuck looks SO awful. And the last few Jungle Book pieces (Baloo w/Mowgli and the tree of buzzards) left me rather cold, unfortunately.

I think the first sign of the slide in quality was nearly a decade ago when the introduced their $99 budget line of Quintessentially Disney statues.

Well, the line for me will never truly be dead. There are still a stunning amount of pieces I've yet to get my hands on.

And Mr. Toad's Wild Ride piece is my number one holy grail.

Back