Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite pieces is my Shere Khan. My wife also bought me the Young Tarzan animator maquette set a while back (Young Tarzan, Turk, and Tantor). I wish I had more funds for some more, but they are all tied up in Hot toys figures :)

I'm currently having a hard time getting new items from all that I collect... Hot Toys, WDCC pieces whatever due to financial restraints. Whenever I get the gimmees (and yes Mickey Mouse CLOT x HOW2WORK 12" figure I'm thinking of you) I just go to my current pieces and try to remember when those pieces were on my want list, and try to enjoy them anew.

Look what I just got!!!! :elefant:elefant

dsc0823p.jpg

This piece is GORGEOUS! The pictures barely do it justice.

We started a WDCC group on Facebook (based on our old Delphi Forums message board) and we have just hit 100 members in our group. I want to invite everyone here to come join us at our Facebook group. There are hundreds of WDCC photos and lots of people who have been collecting WDCC for years who have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Here is the link to the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/175448925869473
We hope you join us there. Just go to the link and ask to join the group. (By the way, if there is some policy here on www.sideshowcollectors.com that does not allow for "advertising" Facebook groups, I apologize and delete this message. We are not selling anything, just want to share the niche WDCC collecting with those that are interested). Oh, the Facebook group is called WDCC Disney Collectibles Group.

How was the Room for One More event? I would have liked to have gone, but the price was just a bit too steep.

The event was very nice. Especially the dinner where Noah did a painting while we ate. The had a group of about 15 singers who did the theme song from the Haunted Mansion live that was AMAZING. They also had an organist who played. Of course, he and the organ were just like on the ride.

dsc0892s.jpg

Dr. Finklestein (Nightmare Before Christmas) - WDCC

Got him during the Black Friday sale on SSC. Very nice piece. Not the best WDCC I've seen but nice.

Sadly the left branch of the glasses snapped off (you can kind of see it between the head and the chair) and it might be a bit tricky to glue it back because it's so thin.

Today I received my second WDCC piece, King Louie's Temple. This is also my second Enchanted Places piece, my first being Beast's Castle. I have a few more pieces from this line coming within the next few days. I love miniature environments, and the pieces from this line are too beautiful to pass up. :)

KLT.jpg

The Wood Cutter's Cottage arrived today. I love that it came with a deed, stating that you've purchased this cottage from the three good fairies. :D

WC1.jpg

Maleficent's Castle should be arriving soon. I'll then need Sleeping Beauties Castle to complete the set, not including the small figures. :)

Awesome!! I love the cottage. Do they make tiny figure to scale for this?

I have one Enchanted Place (at least I think it is), Grandpa's House from Peter and the Wolf but it doesn't have the wooden base. It's a perfect Christmas decoration though.

However, I am thinking about getting this piece which has been added to the program:

thumbnailj.jpg

I have enough points to get them now. I missed out when the program offered Gepetto hugging real life Pinocchio... so currently I don't have a Pinocchio piece.

However I'm nervous that they might offer a piece I really, REALLY like just after I spend my points.

Well, I had finally decided to bite the bullet and get this pair... it was listed as "quantities limited". They are now added to my shelf. :clap :clap :clap

Was pleased to see Drakul join our WDCC group on Facebook. Here's another invite for everyone here to join the WDCC Facebook group. We have over 650 members now and there are thousands and thousands of posts and photos of Disney collectibles with the emphasis on WDCC. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175448925869473/
Hope you all come over and join!

The new WDCC Donald Duck as Darth Maul was just announced. It will go on sale at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.

Was pleased to see Drakul join our WDCC group on Facebook. Here's another invite for everyone here to join the WDCC Facebook group. We have over 650 members now and there are thousands and thousands of posts and photos of Disney collectibles with the emphasis on WDCC. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175448925869473/
Hope you all come over and join!

Most welcome!

Well, I had finally decided to bite the bullet and get this pair... it was listed as "quantities limited". They are now added to my shelf. :clap :clap :clap

I'm still debating. I like this one but I think I might like Snow White kissing 'Simplet' a bit more...
I started adding all my codes this week (it's annoying that you can't do more than 10 a day).

Here are a few pics of two more Enchanted Places pieces that I received this past week.

First we have The White Rabbit's House

Alice1.jpg

Alice2.jpg

Alice3.jpg

Alice4.jpg

Alice5.jpg

Next we have Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

Pooh1.jpg

Pooh2.jpg

Pooh3.jpg

Pooh4.jpg

Pooh5.jpg

May I ask from where/which website you're buying these? Being a big Disney fan myself, I'd love to have some of these pieces too! Thanks in advance!:wave

May I ask from where/which website you're buying these? Being a big Disney fan myself, I'd love to have some of these pieces too! Thanks in advance!:wave

I've won all of my recent Enchanted Places pieces on Ebay. That's your best bet at getting them, as they are long sold out.

The Winnie the Pooh set is gorgeous!!

And the White Rabbit's house for some reason reminds me of those old Smurf houses from the 80s, especially the gate. https://www.jouets-prestige.com/schleich-49001-maison-pour-schtroumpf-pi-8291.html

It does look a little like the Smurfs houses. :lol

I need to get the little White Rabbit figure to go with it. I think it's actually the same scale as the house. Some of the other pieces, such as the castles, aren't to scale with the little figures. I guess they'd have to be much bigger to fit the same scale.

Wow I didn't Know we have a thread like this here, I just bought a Mischievous Apprentice and brooms(2) , I was wander why the price so different on eBay?

I would have bought this piece in a heartbeat... but they never made a tiny King Louie to go with it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Yeah, Ebay is the way to go when buying these figures. I've score quite a few deals over the years there... but you got to be patient. Many of the sellers are dealers but a few of them are ex-collectors just looking to liquidate their collections... and are more reasonable about the price. I try not to pay full dealer price for any WDCC piece.

I would have bought this piece in a heartbeat... but they never made a tiny King Louie to go with it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Yeah, Ebay is the way to go when buying these figures. I've score quite a few deals over the years there... but you got to be patient. Many of the sellers are dealers but a few of them are ex-collectors just looking to liquidate their collections... and are more reasonable about the price. I try not to pay full dealer price for any WDCC piece.

Yeah, it does suck that they never made a little King Louie. Lucky for me the Jungle Book WDCC pieces don't seem to be as rare/popular as others. I'd like to get most of the pieces from that movie. I know you've already obtained many of them. I like your WDCC setup btw. :)

Back