Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what the Postman bringeth!! :yess:

seizingdestiny.jpg

Seizing Destiny - WDCC
Very cool piece. This was probably my favorite Disney growing up so I'm thrilled!

Congrats! :clap :clap :clap

I have that piece myself... it's one of my favorites.

I wish WDCC made more Sword in the Stone pieces. I've thought about getting the set with Merlin in it but it's a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I wish WDCC made more Sword in the Stone pieces. I've thought about getting the set with Merlin in it but it's a bit out of my price range at the moment.

Yeah you have to bide your time with WDCC because the prices can get crazy.

My main problem with WDCC is their statues can be a bit too static (i.e. character just standing there) and their better ones like heigh-ho and Alice tumbling down cost $2,000+ which is insane.

The reason I love this one is it's almost diorama-ish representing a scene and not just the character.

Yeah you have to bide your time with WDCC because the prices can get crazy.

My main problem with WDCC is their statues can be a bit too static (i.e. character just standing there) and their better ones like heigh-ho and Alice tumbling down cost $2,000+ which is insane.

The reason I love this one is it's almost diorama-ish representing a scene and not just the character.

My wife LOVES the WDCC Alice pieces but most of the pieces we need go for crazy money. I actually came close to buying the Alice tumbling down the hole for $500 from an eBay buyer but it came at a bad time.

I did buy an Alice and Caterpillar set on eBay a couple of years ago where the caterpillar piece had some breakage issues. I paid $150 for the set and had a friend of my dad who restores pieces like this professionally and he fixed it as a gift for my wife's birthday present. And you can't tell where it was broken. I would have NEVER been able to afford that set otherwise.

Still would like to get Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum at a good price for my wife.

Too bad about the Alice, it would have been an amazing deal.

There's several I'd love to get down the line. the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

Penny and Medusa
Cave of Wonders
Genie and Rug playing chess
Kiss the Girl
The snow white old hag preparing her potion.....

ugh too much stuff to buy!

We're actually getting rid of our WDCC Sword in the Stone LE piece, of the actual stone with the removable sword. Let me know if you're interested.

We're actually getting rid of our WDCC Sword in the Stone LE piece, of the actual stone with the removable sword. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for the heads up... I've already scored that piece off of eBay last year for $75 shipped. I thought it was a very good buy at the time. And it is my one convention exclusive.

I would like to get more WDCC convention exclusive theme park pieces like these:
kgrhqvhue5qnl01sibobluu.jpg

There's also Mr. Toad in Car, of course and Smee in pirate ship. All these pieces do get VERY pricey.

Last edited:
Recently, most of my WDCC aquisitions have come through the Disney Movie Reward program. In the past I've received FREE in the mail:

1) Mowgli and Girl and collective base

2) Winnie the Pooh (budget piece)

3) Dumbo (budget piece)

4) Lilo and Elvis Wagon

5) Mickey and Minnie from Mickey Mouse Club intro

I was saving up to get the MMC Donald Duck piece with gong but it sold out before I aquired enough points.

However, I am thinking about getting this piece which has been added to the program:

thumbnailj.jpg

I have enough points to get them now. I missed out when the program offered Gepetto hugging real life Pinocchio... so currently I don't have a Pinocchio piece.

However I'm nervous that they might offer a piece I really, REALLY like just after I spend my points.

Recently, most of my WDCC aquisitions have come through the Disney Movie Reward program. In the past I've received FREE in the mail:

I'm going to have to look into this. I'm rebuying all the animated features on bluray so I might have some fair amount of points.

3) Dumbo (budget piece)

4) Lilo and Elvis Wagon

I was saving up to get the MMC Donald Duck piece with gong but it sold out before I aquired enough points.

However, I am thinking about getting this piece which has been added to the program:

thumbnailj.jpg

I have enough points to get them now. I missed out when the program offered Gepetto hugging real life Pinocchio... so currently I don't have a Pinocchio piece.

However I'm nervous that they might offer a piece I really, REALLY like just after I spend my points.

I was hoping to the get huge piece with Sorcerer Mickey on the book with the brooms and Yensid, but it sold out before I could get enough points. I'm going to hold on to them until they have a piece on there that I would love and never be able to afford otherwise.

My current eBay grail is the set of Hitchhiking Ghosts. I'm dying to get my hands on a set and one went for 500 dollars not long ago. I just couldn't swing it after the Mr. Toad statue though.

3) Dumbo (budget piece)

4) Lilo and Elvis Wagon

thumbnailj.jpg

Hey Protozaius, funny you should mention the Blue Fairy/Pinocchio set from the Disney Movie Rewards program. Just ordered this set last week and got my confirmed shipping notice. This one was just too good to pass up.

I hate to beat a dead horse....

This is the only picture I've seen of the Mr. Toad piece that appears on the grounds of the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of him that last time I was at WDW. That way I could see for myself the size and the sculpt of it.
mrtoad.jpg

Does anybody else have a picture of it so I can get a sense of size and shape of the piece?

And this is a picture of the recently released piece that honors that statue:

vmblog20110913rf1mgift.jpg

I really like this new piece... especially how they replicate the faux bronze color of the original piece. But I like ALL things Mr. Toad. It's "mania" I've had for years. However, if you compare the two sculpts, the head on the released piece is a tad wider than the HM statue and the feet are in a different pose. It appears to be a separate sculpt that tries to pay homage to the piece in Magic Kingdom.

However, when I look at the actual piece in the first picture of this thread, I'm struck but the similiarity to the Big Fig that I have... that I look at practically EVERY day. Although cast in different colors, it appears to me to be the same sculpt. Even the feet are in the same position.

picture015sn.jpg

It is reasonable to assume that when Disney decided to offer the Big Fig for sale at their Parks that they would commission a separate piece to be cast from that sculpt and placed in the Haunted Mansion graveyard to honor the closing of Mr. Toad's Wide Ride in Florida.

I'm I the only one who cares about this.... :dunno
Probably. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I just think it would be cool to know that a copy of the Big Fig have is also located in the Haunted Mansion. :clap

I have both the big fig and the bronze. Looks to me from the photo from the Haunted Mansion grave site that the bronze at the grave site is based on the big fig. And the new bronze from the Room for ONE More event that I attended is a new sculpt that is NOT like the one at the grave site.

How was the Room for One More event? I would have liked to have gone, but the price was just a bit too steep.

My family is finnally going on a family vacation to disney world.. can any of you tell me if their is any exclusive pieces i can get while im there that i could start my disney collection with?

Unfortunately, WDCC pieces are kind of hard to find nowadays at the parks. They have been replaced by the whole Vinylmation craze. :mad:

The Jedi Mickey is a WDCC park exclusive, I believe, and was still readily available last December when I was at WDW.

jedimmlarge.jpg

I've been really disappointed with Magic Kingdom's WDCC display they last few times I've been. There is a still a decent display at other Art of Disney stores, though. It's mostly the same pieces everytime.

I've been really disappointed with Magic Kingdom's WDCC display they last few times I've been. There is a still a decent display at other Art of Disney stores, though. It's mostly the same pieces everytime.

One of my biggest disappointment was the closing of the World of Disney on 5th Ave in NY.
This place was like a museum! I used to go in there just to look at all the art and awesome figures.

And then one day it closed and got replaced by an awful Disney store in Times Square.
The place sells t-____s and barely anything else... hell they don't even sell Disney DVDs there!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

One of my favorite pieces is my Shere Khan. My wife also bought me the Young Tarzan animator maquette set a while back (Young Tarzan, Turk, and Tantor). I wish I had more funds for some more, but they are all tied up in Hot toys figures :)

One of my favorite pieces is my Shere Khan. My wife also bought me the Young Tarzan animator maquette set a while back (Young Tarzan, Turk, and Tantor). I wish I had more funds for some more, but they are all tied up in Hot toys figures :)

Man I would pick WDCC pieces over Hot Toys ANY day!!.... Except Batman 89 :p

Back