Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope SS comes out with some Disney PFs, that will get me to buy.

UPS just dropped this off from the Disney Movie Rewards. :rock

The picture doesnt do it justice. If anyone was thinking of getting one. Get one!

mrincredible.jpg

This will look great displayed next to my Theatrical One Sheet. Now I have to get Elastigirl, Jack Jack, and Edna. Hope they make Violet, Dash, Syndrome, Mirage, Frozone, and maybe flashback versions of Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl.

Very nice. As I've been looking into these WDCC pieces I've found quite a few that I really, really like.

Well I bought my first WDCC piece. I got the Dopey "Bedazzled" piece where he is holding two Swarovski crystals. it's from the scene in the mine where he picks up two diamonds and holds them to his eyes. I think it'll go really well with the rest of the mine scene.

:lol Yeah that's an accurate description because I've got a nice little list of wants. Luckily since Sideshow is doing PF's there's alot that I won't get because I'll get that character in PF. Mostly I'm just getting the WDCC pieces of characters I don't think Sideshow will do.

Im sure the PF's will probably replace alot the one's I want from WDCC. Hopefully that will be Hook, Aladdin, Hades, and Gaston.

Well since I ordered Dopey I decided to get Doc as well since he is my favorite dwarf. I intend to get the others to do the mine scene. However, I was very disappointed when I opened Doc because he and Dopey are not in the same scale. It's much more obvious when placed next to each other so I moved Dopey down a bit and I don't think its quite as noticeable. What do you guys think?

Thanks, now that I've spent more time with them the scale difference doesn't bother me as much. I just hope when I have the rest it doesn't dwarf Dopey. (I can hear the groans now.) :lol

The mine scene is really awesome. Pricey though. That's why I'm going to get them slowly. Although getting some of these retired Mickey's is taking first priority. I'm going to have my own little "Mickey Through the Years" display.

I just found this WDCC thread here at sideshowcollectors.com. Nice to see there are WDCC collectors here. I started collecting WDCC almost back when the line started and have every WDCC piece ever made and it is still my favorite collection. I read this thread and a comment I see alot is about the pricing seeming to high for such small pieces. Remember that they are fine porcelain and not polystone. They are delicate light and truly beautiful in their own way. I love the fact that Sideshow is selling WDCC on their website because it introduces a whole new audience to WDCC. For those who are really into WDCC, I invite you to a WDCC message board on Delphi Forums that has been going strong for many many years. You can find lots of WDCC information there. The forum is located at: https://forums.delphiforums.com/WDCC/messages

Honestly, I'd prefer poly and a lower price tag. The porcelain is really nice, but makes it difficult to get all the ones I want.

You must have an awesome collection jlp. There are quite a few of these I want and can't afford. And a few that I'm insane for paying the price they're getting.

Honestly, I'd prefer poly and a lower price tag. The porcelain is really nice, but makes it difficult to get all the ones I want.

You must have an awesome collection jlp. There are quite a few of these I want and can't afford. And a few that I'm insane for paying the price they're getting.

alot of the older pieces show up on ebay for very low prices below retail so if you shop on ebay carefully you can get some nice WDCC for reasonable prices. There will always be more expensive than retail ones but you can get a nice collection going with the reasonably priced pieces since so many pieces have been over the years.

I have bought my wife pretty much all of the Beauty and the Beast pieces, Alice and Jessica Rabbit (below :() which I totally regret not keeping for myself. I've always loved these WDCC pieces, even became a member a few years ago, but I collect so much already it'd be hard to afford these along with the other stuff.

wdcc_wfrr_jessica04evt.jpg

Jessica_2.jpg
Jessica_5.jpg

i know what you mean so much items to collect and this is a great piece

Hmm, good advice. I may do that. Ebay scares me though. :lol

If you buy a WDCC item in its original box with the original packing materials, they are pretty safe during shipping and rarely break. Concerning ebay itself, I've bought hundereds of items on ebay and I've had very good experiences overall. If the seller has at least 99% they are usually going to be okay. The other thing is that when you buy on ebay and pay with PayPal, as a buyer you are pretty much protected. If the seller ships you nothing, you will get your money back. If the item arrives damaged or is not what you expected, as long as you file a claim within 45 days of the time you paid with Paypal, you will get your money back. The only drawback is that you will have to ship the item back to the seller at your cost with a tracking number but you will get back the full cost of the item plus the original shipping cost that you paid.

Thanks for the advice. Actually the reason I fear ebay is because it'll open up a whole new world of acquiring expensive things I don't need. :lol But maybe its time to up my level of willpower. I really want to get the Robin Hood and Maid Marian that did awhile back, as well as the nursery scene from Peter Pan.

Anyone familiar with the Disneyana exchange? Have you ever used it? Is it pretty good. They have a couple items I want with a nice price and it seems like a great service. Thanks!

And my goodness Aerosmith it is an addiction. I haven't had it this bad since I bought my first Star Wars PF and decided I needed all other released to that date.

Back