Walt Disney Classics Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I just noticed when I was dusting my stuff that my Lumiere's flames seem to be the same color as his wax with a very faint yellow(er) tint to them. I wish I had noticed that when I first opened it. Maybe they are all that. :dunno

Edit: Weird, it looks more yellow in the picture than it seems to in person.

That's wierd, but its a great piece.

I plan to start my WDCC Beauty and the Beast collection with Gaston. :lol

Last edited:
Yeah it is really nice, I want to get Cogsworth to go with him. But right now I've got some other things on the list above him.

Just got these guys in. Didn't realize that The Brave Little Tailor was so big. I'm learning you really can't judge the scale of these figures based on the heights given on websites. Still I'd rather have him be larger than not at all. I think they look good together and once I get all of the ones I intend to I'm sure I can get a nice display so the size differences won't be a problem. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I suck at taking them.

Great gets. Hopefully you will be adding Runaway Brain to that Mickey collection. Brave Little Tailor era Mickey is my favorite design of him.

I hear you about the sizes. I saw The Three Caballeros and they are way bigger than I thought they would be. They are around the size of Sully! I hope to get the money and buy them soon.

Yes, Runaway Brain will be a part of the collection, but he'll be a bit further down the road. Right now I'm trying to snatch up the retired pieces. I'll have a few more coming next week, or the week after.

Can't wait to see what you have coming. Im thinking of getting the "A Swell Pal" Mickey soon. Minnie looks lonely. :lol

They'll look nice together. I hope they make a "modern" Mickey in just the red shorts to go along with the "swell pal" Mickey.

So I noticed last night that there's a hairline fracture on my Steamboat Willie Mickey. He also came with the wrong COA. I'm debating what to do. I got it for 95 bucks and the next cheapest I can find is 190. I'm thinking it may be worth the slight break and wrong COA to save almost a hundred dollars. On the other hand its "guaranteed mint" so I'm wondering if I might even be able to get a little discount on it. Or maybe they can get another at the same price. I'm going to call Monday to see what they say. So what would y'all do?

:rotfl Figures, I buy a Dopey and Doc to make the mine scene and then they come out with a piece that is really what I wanted. Even thought about getting the Jim Shore one since I like the scene so much, but didn't think I'd be able to get past the designs on the clothes. The WDCC line is killing me.

Oh great! Like I needed more to buy. Of the new one's shown it will be Aladdin, Jasmine, Snow White, Marley(Goofy) and Scrooge, and the Nightmare pieces.

I can hear my wallet crying already. :lol

$1k for the dwarfs, I just don't understand why all these are so darn expensive. The standard SS and Weta stuff costs enough, but one would need seriously deep pockets to really get into the WDCC.

$1k for the dwarfs, I just don't understand why all these are so darn expensive. The standard SS and Weta stuff costs enough, but one would need seriously deep pockets to really get into the WDCC.

They're not all that expensive, just those big diorama-type pieces. But their smaller pieces can still run $250-$500, so the prices pretty much keep me from WDCC. I could pick and choose, but who am I kidding? I've never been that type of collector.

WDCC prices are insane so what I do is just cherry pick a few pieces here and there.

They can usually be had for cheaper on ebay than through a dealer. They do not hold their value that well. Notice how limited pieces are readily available through Sideshow many months after they are released most likely due to price.

They've got alot of Sleeping Beauty pieces, although I think alot have been retired.

WDCC prices are insane so what I do is just cherry pick a few pieces here and there.

They can usually be had for cheaper on ebay than through a dealer. They do not hold their value that well. Notice how limited pieces are readily available through Sideshow many months after they are released most likely due to price.

Hey! its JL, I see you are over here as well as the WDCC message board. I've been collecting alot of Sideshow lately, this is a great message board here.

exactly, I'm only sticking to Disneyland pieces for now, the more I see this thread the more you guys are getting me addicted, I may just stop collecting 1/6 and get hooked on Disney! Also I want to get the Runaway brain piece, and maybe the Disney VCD's too oh oh it has begun..........

Back