Waitlist: Lurtz bust, GTG bust...and heaps more!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing may come of it for the minority of us that are on this site, but there are people out there that are getting pieces from the Wait List. I do not know of any, but Sideshow is not going to pay someone to sit there & make fake wait lists just to get the people on this site or some other site into thinking that there is a chance that they are going to get something. That would be costing them money, not making them money. I have only been a member of this site maybe a month, but I have collected for maybe 1 1/2, maybe 2 years. Not every collector talks on this site, so we may not hear of anyone getting anything.

Anyways, smoking stunts your growth.:banana

Sideshow is not going to pay someone to sit there & make fake wait lists just to get the people on this site or some other site into thinking that there is a chance that they are going to get something

Stranger things have happened. Creating a wait list is a 5-minute job. Maintaining it and ensuring that it is up-to-date and honoured in the correct order is a bigger job.

Just placed $2700 worth of wait list requests. :thud

(sits back and crosses fingers)

click those heals together three times and say "theres know statue like moria orc swordsman"

ya never know

I love them. While I've got the mic, I may as well throw another one in. I go for the Artist Proofs and I'd bet a dollar that they are produced (in part, maybe) to supplement the numbered versions. Some may be given to staff, artists etc but some will and have been used when supply outstrips demand or orders have been taken but all of the numbered ones have been sold.

Actually, AP's are only given to staff or VP's at SS, NL, or Weta. If someone gets one its cause someone that was given one sold it nothing more nothing less. Its a well known fact that they don't use the AP's to keep adding on to the orders for the numbered pieces.

re

Actually, AP's are only given to staff or VP's at SS, NL, or Weta. If someone gets one its cause someone that was given one sold it nothing more nothing less. Its a well known fact that they don't use the AP's to keep adding on to the orders for the numbered pieces.

I was the exception to the rule: I received mine after a web error wrongly declared the item as available when it wasn't...then Dawn kindly sent me an AP CT statue to fulfil the order.

So, Josh, there are rare exceptions. The rules aren't always adhered to...in the strictest sense. ;)

BTW...are you the resident Mouth of Sideshow? :p :lol

Re: re

They have also replaced damaged statues with APs. They aren't a tightly guarded commodity and that's why they're so abundant on feEay.

So, Josh, there are rare exceptions. The rules aren't always adhered to...in the strictest sense.

Yeah, thats true but these type seem to be extreme cases or if they are used as replacements for fixed pieces.

BTW...are you the resident Mouth of Sideshow?

That would make a good title on a business card :p

Wait list works for me! I ordered the Sauron statue back in February of 2004 and then cancelled since I wasn't going to have the money later that September/October, the original release date (Ha! Little did I know that the release would be pushed back a whole year!) Just for fun, I placed a wait list request for him last week, and received an email yesterday saying that I would be getting him. I was pretty excited. It makes me wonder though- a year's worth of wait list requests and I can still get him this easily? Have they started charging credit cards yet for the declines, or is this all just from the cancellations?

A very similar thing happened last year. All of a sudden there were wait lists for almost every item.

Didn't mean that the item was or would become available though.

I signed up for quite a few items but have heard nothing from it.

I'm afraid that is not true. I have bought three different APs from three different buyers who all received theirs because they were promised a statue, did not receive it and then were sent an AP version in its place.

re

i had an e mail this morning for a waitlist item, was sooo excited as had placed my name on all the thought id never have items. looked online and it was for a gollum as gollum statue, thought SS said they had shipped all of those ages ago, but i had one and sold it, so cancelled it for someone who really wanted it.
psst, SS notice my generosity, now can i have a GTW bust?
:p

I'm afraid that is not true. I have bought three different APs from three different buyers who all received theirs because they were promised a statue, did not receive it and then were sent an AP version in its place.

CCT is correct. AP's are not only for VIP's as commonly believed, but are also used to supplement the numbered editions for broken statues and the required "New Zealand quotient", which is why so many AP's come from there. Notice how no open editions have AP's? That's the reason.

They have also replaced damaged statues with APs. They aren't a tightly guarded commodity and that's why they're so abundant on feEay.

You could say this 100 times a day and almost no one would understand the fact that just because it's an AP, it doesn't mean squat. They cast up X amount, paint them and wait for the paint scheme approval and once approved, they stuff them into the line with the rest of them. No one is going to get a daddy rog with a gold plated arse hole.

Did you miss the post where I say that yes the do use them for that to.

I won't bother with the grammar/spelling corrections.

I didn't see that post.

You said:

Actually, AP's are only given to staff or VP's at SS, NL, or Weta.

Surely one statement contradicts the other?

Back