Waitlist: Lurtz bust, GTG bust...and heaps more!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the statement quoted by CCT is the one I was referring to Josh. You clearly stated that AP's were not for sale to the general public, but that is not true. You could say that they are RARELY given to the general public, which would be much more accurate.

I believe when an AP is used as a replacement for a broken piece from what I've been told they just take the AP from the box and switch out statues only. With Gazmog it was a case of oops we over sold so they made it right no shock to me at least. As a whole though AP's are given to VP's like I said from the people that I listed before what happens to them afterwards is their decisions. Weta may decide to sell the ones they are given to people in NZ while others may eventually end up in the hands of people like you CCT, because the person that had it originally decide they wanted to sell it.

You clearly stated that AP's were not for sale to the general public, but that is not true.

Well, other than the few sold in NZ they arent sold to the general public at least not by SS that is.

As I said, three of the APs that I have bought were bought directly from Sideshow when the numbered editions had all gone.

As I said, three of the APs that I have bought were bought directly from Sideshow when the numbered editions had all gone.

Probably like Gazmog when they went over the numbers. I highly doubt SS would just start selling AP's just because.

But how is that different to supplementing numbers my means of selling off a few APs? If the numbered versions have run out, the thing to do is apologise for the clerical error, not send out an AP as that is the same as sending out a numbered one.

Its a way of doing the right thing for their customers. Its not the same as sending out a numbered one since the AP's aren't part of the actual run.

It is selling a number of statues above that of the declared edition size. A computer system (if efficient) should be able to ensure that orders received do not exceed edition size. It's a simple 'IF' command.

I agree the computer should catch it but mistakes happen so they make it right by sending out an AP to the person. No harm no foul.

Josh, you've mentioned Gazmog in a couple of earlier posts; did you mean Gothmog? If so, how can he be oversold when he is still available on Second Chance? Just curious what your posts mean; I may be misunderstanding you. :dunno

Nope I mean Gazmog. He ordered a Cave Troll statue a long time back they oversold it by accident and so he got an AP because of it.

It is selling a number of statues above that of the declared edition size. A computer system (if efficient) should be able to ensure that orders received do not exceed edition size. It's a simple 'IF' command.

The computers still rely on human entry and human inventory count, so mistakes can occur, as occasionally happens with the waitlists (see Chicky's comments in the other current waitlist discussion thread). All any of we humans can do is apologize and try our hardest to make up for it :)

"To err is human, to forgive divine." :dance

Josh, ok, I understand now. I thought I was misunderstanding you! Sorry. :D

Dusty, :toast to forgiveness! :lol

The computers still rely on human entry and human inventory count, so mistakes can occur, as occasionally happens with the waitlists (see Chicky's comments in the other current waitlist discussion thread). All any of we humans can do is apologize and try our hardest to make up for it

I realise mistakes happen, especially when you are selling such a significant amount of statues and lines. I'm sure nobody would moan if they received an AP anyway (I know I wouldn't!)

Definitley wishful thinking......but what if they say "Wow look at all the people putting in for these Wait Lists, we can make all this money, lets make the AP's for them."

Again, wishful thinking.

I do not have any AP's at this time. I would not care if I got a couple. They would help me get the pieces that I wanted.

Back