Waitlist: Lurtz bust, GTG bust...and heaps more!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

wild! so there is hope! i got my wiki statue and a orc swordsman bust from the wait list...so it does work!

:bliss

I like many others are signing up with the dream of getting those pieces we missed. Can you imagine getting a wait list recalled for you for MoA, MoS and paying $125 each! And Watcher in Water paying $250.

I have signed up for 25 wait lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I must say I do not understand the logic of doing this to people, building up the hope. How can items miraculously come back in stock? I understand what Chris is saying, but, Why not take a wait list request for all 180 items???? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Now, I am waiting for the dream email for:

Duel of Light Fire Medallion
Moria Orc Archer Statue
Moria Orc Swordsman Statue
Watcher in the Water
Easterling Statue
Galadhrim Archer Statue

Plus 19 more!

Oh... dream weaver... :thud

And I just realized this thread was posted around 6:00 PM on 8/17 and I read it for first time at 12:15 AM on 8/18. Gee, how many people are ahead of me! Whahahahahaha

:bang :puke :cry

In a very strange coincidence, I was playing around with the new search feature today at lunch and noticed you could search on Wait List items, so I put "Rings" into the search and clicked GO! To my great surprise all of those LOTR items were listed as Wait List items and I set about placing reservations for about 20 more items on top of the many wait lists I'm on already, so at least I seem to have beat the mad rush to sign up! :banana

Of course, I'm realistic and don't expect too many of these items to turn up, but you have to be on a list to even be in the running, so... :ted

I just put my name down for these one that I'd really like:

Moria Orc Archer Figure
Saruman the White Figure &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
The Arms of Legolas, Col. 1 Weapon &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
The Watcher in the Water Statue
The Uruk-Hai Berserker
'Escape off the Road' Wall Plaque
Moria Orc Swordsman Bust

I'd be so happy with even a few of these! :bliss

Psycho Cenobite :orc

Well, I signed up fer seven items :thud :thud :thud I'll be astonished if any of 'em get fulfilled :google :google :google But, u never know :dunno :dunno :dunno

Fanks SS :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

If any one receives any of these items....

Moria Swordsman statue
Moria Orc statue
Newborn Uruk
Lurtz Bust

Please post on the board, I have been on the waitlist for these items for a very long time (amongst others) on the old system.

SS/Weta really need to sort this out as in all reality these aren't available and there is not hope in getting them >:

If there are some available surely the fairest way would be to allocate it on a first come first served basis or via a giveaway competition, rather than the completely random method operating now. It's also unfair on collectors who have paid very high prices to obtain these items via ebay.

As you mey tell I am not a fan of the SS waitlists.

I also have my name on the MoS Statue and Newborn Statue eons ago, if anyone would get those statues after signing up just now, well that would be unfair.

<edit> Chris does say this is done

They will be referenced should any wait list items come into stock, and they will be contacted first, before the new system reservations.

So OLD wait list members will be contacted first before new system. That is fair, thanks SSW.

cool

Some of the items come up as OUT OF STOCK when you actually click on them.Namely numbered stuff like the Balrog etc.I ordered the MOA and MOS which I doubt i'll get...BUT, who's to say if they have enough orders for these open edition items they can't knock a few more out??I reckon it's fair enough to let us purchase these items for the right price as long as they don't start filling shops etc with the buggers.A couple of hundred more of each would'nt do any harm to the secondary value and lets be honest,it's only us geeks who check this board everyday that will know about this!!?

Re: cool

BUT, who's to say if they have enough orders for these open edition items they can't knock a few more out??

Oh that would be a dream. But SSW policy is that when they "retire" a piece whether open or limited edition, the mold is broken and they will not make more. Of course, if they would make me a Moria Orc Swordsman and sell it to me for $125 I would be estatic! But, how would that person fell who just paid $800 on ebay for a used one with a broken helm spike?

LoL, its kinda fun to even imagine having any chance in hell to get one of these things through the waitlist. Just for the heck of it, I've signed myself up for the Bilbo bust and the Moria Orc Swordsman statue. I think I'll have more luck finding iglo's in the Sahara desert :lol

For those whining & crying that they were on an Old Wait List & if someone gets one from the New Wait List so that they can call up Sideshow, take time & go to Sideshow's Site & read the FAQ on the changes in the Wait List.

They state that all Old Wait List reservations will be filled first. The Old system is an e-mail system, so if your e-mail address is changed you might not get the notice. They have stated that it is not perfect, but they are at least trying.

I do not feel that they will look at someone's name & see that they ordered a "whatever" piece & say "You know what, lets upset this person & give it to the last guy!!!! Ha Ha Ha we will show him!!!!"

Right or wrong, the wait list system will work for someone. Sideshow gets their cut of the statues, hopefully a collector gets what he wants (Not some lowlife looking to buy low & sell extremely high). For the most part we are all collectors here, we should be happy for the next person, even if he gets one & I do not.

We should be upset with a couple of people that will get the MoA & MoS & WitH2O or whatever piece it is & take it directly to eBay & sell it for $800-$1500. What ever the eBay price is. What would be nice is if these few individuals came here to the site & said "Hey, first come first serve, I have a "Fill in the Blank" that I will sell to you for $50 over what I paid.

Rant Rant Rant:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

If these new waitlists are for real, I just hope they don't supercede the OLD waitlists - of which some I've been on for over a year. I'd be pretty PO'd if someone who just signed up for a Moria Orc Swordsman got one when I was on the old list.

EDIT: ah, I just read Chris' post. Now I understand!:hat

But SSW policy is that when they "retire" a piece whether open or limited edition, the mold is broken and they will not make more.

Is this really true? I believe the bit about not making any more but breaking the mold... I can't imagine that is the case. I would have thought that they would be stored somewhere safe.

This waitlist thing is all a bit strange to me. How do you suddenly stumble across a Moria Orc Swordsman statue? A retailer isn't going to return it for $125 credit. If they are selling merchandise such as statues, they will know the market value. And as for finding one in the corner of the warehouse, pull the other one.

I can't see the point in making a waitlist available for such a statue when, in reality, nothing will come of it. I presume that employees of Sideshow / Weta are not permitted to use the waitlist as that could be a nice little earner.

If one does not get on the Wait List, one does not have a chance to get anything for the Sideshow price. For those of you who say I will put my name on the list, but nothing will happen. Remove your name for those of us who actually are trying to hang onto some hope that the list will get to our names. It is a wait list, not a wish list. No they do not have enough to cover all of the reservations, but obviously they do have a couple. Everyone should try to remain optimistic & not pestimistic about it.:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

re

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It's worth a few minutes of one's time to make the reservations, futile (to some) or otherwise. No big deal.

Yup, if you feel its not worth it don't do it but if you think its worth the time go ahead. Sam and Bill came back last summer for a few lucky people on the waitlist so its worth it to me.

Everyone should try to remain optimistic & not pestimistic about it

The only -istic I am is realistic. If some Sam and Bills suddenly appeared, where did they come from?

Cynical and skeptical, I assume that some must just put their name down to get something below market value to then sell on for a profit.

I'd like to see a map of the Sideshow Warehouse. I bet you in the back corner, if you look close enough, there is a room labelled 'Top secret' in which a couple of individuals are producing an extra few of each statue. None will come my way (except via ebay) but good luck to those that get them.

If some Sam and Bills suddenly appeared, where did they come from?

I believe it was a wholesale account that returned them actually.

Cynical and skeptical, I assume that some must just put their name down to get something below market value to then sell on for a profit.

I'd say some do. I know for me personally its about taking a shot at getting something without paying the ebay price.

I'd like to see a map of the Sideshow Warehouse. I bet you in the back corner, if you look close enough, there is a room labelled 'Top secret' in which a couple of individuals are producing an extra few of each statue. None will come my way (except via ebay) but good luck to those that get them.

Like conspiracy theories much? :lol

Like conspiracy theories much?

I love them. While I've got the mic, I may as well throw another one in. I go for the Artist Proofs and I'd bet a dollar that they are produced (in part, maybe) to supplement the numbered versions. Some may be given to staff, artists etc but some will and have been used when supply outstrips demand or orders have been taken but all of the numbered ones have been sold.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Back