Vinylmation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a pic of it somewhere? Is it of the ride or Mr. Toad himself?

Did they show what the Florida Orange Bird is?

Sorry pics weren't allowed. The picture of him was in the binder with other future Vinylmations. It's of Mr. Toad himself.

Ah, that's too bad, I'm trying to limit myself to things having to do with the park.

I may have edited my post after you read it, so just in case...did they show what the Florida Orange Bird is in the binder?

I got the D23 Vinylmation (the only one I have) as a momento of D23 just like I got some D23 pins as a momento. However, I am not a collector of vinylmation or pins. I am curious why there is such great interest in the Vinylmation stuff. Personally, I just don't get the whole Vinylmation (or pins for that matter) craze. They are all the same little simple plastic Mickey repainted over and over again. Disney must be making a fortune on these. They are the ultimate repaint to the infinity power. Anyone who collects them and wants to share what the charm of vinylmations is, please tell because I really don't get it. And the whole thing where you have to buy them and you don't even know which one you are buying and you have to buy multiple repeats of common ones to possibly get the rare ones only adds insult to injury! Please explain!

I got the D23 Vinylmation (the only one I have) as a momento of D23 just like I got some D23 pins as a momento. However, I am not a collector of vinylmation or pins. I am curious why there is such great interest in the Vinylmation stuff. Personally, I just don't get the whole Vinylmation (or pins for that matter) craze. They are all the same little simple plastic Mickey repainted over and over again. Disney must be making a fortune on these. They are the ultimate repaint to the infinity power. Anyone who collects them and wants to share what the charm of vinylmations is, please tell because I really don't get it. And the whole thing where you have to buy them and you don't even know which one you are buying and you have to buy multiple repeats of common ones to possibly get the rare ones only adds insult to injury! Please explain!

For me not knowing what you are going to get adds to the fun. It's hard to explain why I like them. Even though they are all the same Mickey Mouse sculpt the designs on some of them are great. Seeing how some of the artist use Mickey as a blank canvas is interesting. Plus it's fun to paint up your own.

Disney isn't the first ones to do these. Urban Vinyl is been a big thing thats been going on for awhile now. :)

None of that probably answered your question though. :lol

Like I've said before not knowing which one I'm going to get is a bit of a turn off for me since I'm not collecting them all. However there is a little thrill to it. It's kinda like gambling. Mostly I'm just collecting the ones that have some relationship to the park, but even there I'm very selective.

Also, I hate to admit it, but I have never even heard of the Florida orange bird. :lol

I had heard of and seen him before, but didn't know he was owned by Disney til the Vinylmation was announced. :lol

Last night I bought the Creepy Eyes Haunted Mansion wallpaper vinylmation on ebay. I also bid on one of the Mickey Mouse cartoon ones they had up. I blame you Aerosmith. First WDCC and now this. :lol

Thanks, I'm excited to see it. I can't wait to see the clock when it comes out. I'm just glad I don't like most of these. My biggest fear is liking a chaser, because I'm crazy enough to buy a case to get it.

Ive been pretty lucky with the chasers. Ive only bought from Park 2, Urban 2, and Holiday 1 and so far got the chasers for Park 2 and Holiday 1. I actually got 2 chasers from Park 2. Have only gotten 3 doubles altogether.

The clock looks awesome. I seen that one in the binder at the artist signing.

November 20th Park Series 3 will be released. The Artist Party will also be that same day at Art of Disney at Downtown Disney. I will post the pics that I take at the event. :)

Also the Special Vinylmations for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Spectacle of Dancing Lights will be released today.

I intend to get the MVMCP (That always looks like a roman numeral to me). I don't know if I'll get the lights one, if I do I'll probably get Holidays Around the World too.

Can't wait to see the pics from the signing. I hope they have some new items on display that you can take pics of.

I hope so too. I hope that the designs for Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando will be finish also and pictured in the book. Or better yet on display so I can take pics. :)

Surprisingly enough the Star Wars and Muppet vinylmation figures don't interest me at all. The ones I find most appealing are the ones related to the park. Such as the HM wall paper, the upcoming Epcot flag 9" and Epcot Center 3", and the one with the old school Disney World logo, although I don't understand why the rest of it is made like a jigsaw puzzle.

Stupid me forgot my camera. :lol

Here is what I picked up though. I was unable to get the 9" Rizzo so im kinda bummed about that. Monorail Pink is shown on the print instead of Monorail Blue.

Vinyls3.jpg

Vinyl3print.jpg

I think the fantasy land trash can is cool. I'd consider getting it if I knew they were going to do the trash can for each land. :lol

What is the chaser for this series? Fingers crossed it isn't one I want...

Back