Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats crazy that something so new can be worth that. I just looked and a Coheed and Cabria IKSSE3 orange vinyl is worth like 400. I never sell stuff, but thats almost too good to pass up. Its just sitting here on the shelf sandwiched between some $1 records. :lol

Thats crazy that something so new can be worth that. I just looked and a Coheed and Cabria IKSSE3 orange vinyl is worth like 400. I never sell stuff, but thats almost too good to pass up. Its just sitting here on the shelf sandwiched between some $1 records. :lol

I'll buy it for a few bucks :wave:lol

My latest purchases:

Owl City - Ocean Eyes (original)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (180g reissue)
Prince - 1999 (original)
Prince - Purple Rain (180g reissue)
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (180g reissue)
The Beatles - Revolver (180g reissue)
The Police - Synchronicity (original)
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta (original)

My latest purchases:

Owl City - Ocean Eyes (original)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (180g reissue)
Prince - 1999 (original)
Prince - Purple Rain (180g reissue)
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (180g reissue)
The Beatles - Revolver (180g reissue)
The Police - Synchronicity (original)
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta (original)

Great stuff there.
I have my old Police LPs in frames on the wall in my toy room.

Got back into vinyl a few years back after mentioning I'd like to check out some of the old records I'd held onto all these years, and my wife got me an Ion USB turntable that allows me to record them to my computer.
Also got one of those gimmicky-but-fun retro players in a wood case later on.
Admittedly, I don't listen to my records much, but they're fun to throw on sometimes.

I've got a friend in Dallas who is a huge vinyl collector. Every time we visit, we hang out and drink wine or beer while he spins various records.

My dad left me several hundreds of vinyls but one day there was a pipe leak and the maid decided to dry the soaked vinyls out in the sun, and a lot of them melted! Oh well, I don't blame her, she was just doing her job but among the vinyls that were destroyed were some rare Beatles albums. :crying

I just purchased Bill Withers' Greatest Hits on vinyl and I recently purchased Drive: The Soundtrack, Chilliwack, the Off Spring, No Doubt (Tragic Kingdom), Aero Smith's Greatest Hits (older version), and Michael Jackson's BAD (original, not newer repressed version).

I just restored my grandmother's antique hi-fi unit, so I been back into the vinyl game. It never has left me. Had vinyl all my life. Not one of those who got into it because it was the cool thing to do. I always listened to vinyl.

It's funny, I phased out of tapes and CDs, but vinyl has been with me since I was a lil' kiddo.

A few more I bought off eBay:

The Police - Ghost in the Machine (original)
The Police - Outlandos D'Amour (original)

So much stuff can be had for cheap. Into the Music here has some good prices on some items I like. :) I bought 3 amazing albums for 16 bucks combined. LOVE IT! Such a huge difference from the usual 300-700 I am used to shelling out on 1 high end item, be it a SideShow statue or Hot Toys figure.

Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier:

I have been collecting vinyl off and on for years. I have stuff ranging from '50s Rock n Roll, '60s Surf/garage/Rock, '70s-mid '90s Punk and Hardcore bands to recent releases. I acquired my father-in-law's Johnny Cash collection when he died 10 years ago (40 records) and a few concert programs from the early '70s when Cash toured Scotland--these hold a special place because of the special memories we had playing these albums together over a few beers. I hope to post pictures of my '70s record credenza and vinyl soon.:hi5:

I'm having fun picking up vinyl off eBay. I plan to hit a vinyl store in Oklahoma City when I go there in a couple weeks.

I just received Rush's debut and Hemispheres albums in the mail.

Back