Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it right behind this one in my collection. While I like Unknown Pleasures more as a whole, Closer has some of my favorite songs by them. Twenty Four Hours, Eternal and Decades. :drool

If I hung all my stuff up, my wall would look like some crummy Hard Rock Cafe. So it was a tough call, UP has the more iconic cover, but Closer is definitely my favorite album. So I went with Closer. Plus, UP is usually everywhere, Closer not so much.

Good call on TFH, that's my favorite song of theirs full stop. But for me, there isn't a single track on Closer I don't love, whereas on UP, while I like them all, there are a couple that I'd have to put in the bottom JD percentile. If only by default. There's only a handful of JD songs I'm "eh" on.

Now I have to go listen to TFH. I can't do all of Closer tonight, but I need some TFH. That bassline almost makes me physically ill, it is possibly the most depressing tone I've ever heard.

If I hung all my stuff up, my wall would look like some crummy Hard Rock Cafe. So it was a tough call, UP has the more iconic cover, but Closer is definitely my favorite album. So I went with Closer. Plus, UP is usually everywhere, Closer not so much.

Good call on TFH, that's my favorite song of theirs full stop. But for me, there isn't a single track on Closer I don't love, whereas on UP, while I like them all, there are a couple that I'd have to put in the bottom JD percentile. If only by default. There's only a handful of JD songs I'm "eh" on.

Have you seen Control?

Have you seen Control?

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH don't quote my pre-edited post

But yeah, I really like it. That shot of his HATE jacket is my avatar on a few sites, and was here for a bit.

I really liked it. While Sam Riley's Curtis was a bit different than what I would envision him to be like, based on all the biographies, etc, he was amazing. And I literally would pay to have a DVD of a JD concert re-enacted by the cast in that movie - the concert scenes were phenomenal.

But for my money, the "Joy Division" documentary gets my more frequent re-views. Very well done.

The weakest JD movie for me is 24 Hour Party People. I actually quite like the movie, but their depictions of the band, especially Curtis, are just flat out wrong.

I recall the big kids at the bus stop in the 80's always carrying this record album around... by the time I got into IM it was purely cassettes for me...

Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg

I have about 200 albums and singles on vinyl, I think.
Quite a lot Iron Maiden albums (well, all albums, and quite a lot of rare versions and singles).

and various regular and rare vinyls from lots of other metalbands.

My newest additions:
newishvinyl.jpg

I just started buying records again. Had some when I was a kid, but something in me decided to get back into vinyl. Anyways this is what I have bought in the last two weeks.
D9360A26-BC2E-42A7-998F-D49DC035359E-495-000000B7557C1ADA_zps8c959916.jpg

OMG, is that the Between the Buried and Me Parallax set from RSD? I so wanted that but there aren't any vinyl stores around me. Very nice...

As for me, I've been collecting records my whole life. My mom gave me her original Beatles albums as a kid and that got me going. I've got a couple of hundred stashed away until I can ever get my turntable set up again. I have picked up a few new records but it's usually for a signing or a favorite album. I plan on picking up a few more if I can find them reasonably.

I love my Elton John and Kiki Dee (1976) Vinyl Single.
Ooooo and my Pinky and Perky's Hit Parade LP(1968).

I've not listened to either of them or the rest of my LP's and records for years, I don't even have a record player but I love them dearly.
x

I've collected vinyl since the early 80s and have a few hundred LPs, and I only recently started collecting again. Unfortunately the price of vinyl is ridiculous, but if you buy from Amazon they offer AutoRip on certain titles.

I just got the Blade Runner soundtrack on translucent red vinyl today.

YN0udbQ.jpg

Got that too, it's very nice.
:duff

OMG, is that the Between the Buried and Me Parallax set from RSD? I so wanted that but there aren't any vinyl stores around me. Very nice...

As for me, I've been collecting records my whole life. My mom gave me her original Beatles albums as a kid and that got me going. I've got a couple of hundred stashed away until I can ever get my turntable set up again. I have picked up a few new records but it's usually for a signing or a favorite album. I plan on picking up a few more if I can find them reasonably.

Yeah it is! BTBAM=One of the best bands of all time.

Like I mentioned earlier, The Duran Duran artwork was a huge influence for me to become a graphic designer (and originally an artist). I particularly liked their Seven and the Ragged Tiger album artwork. I loved the cryptic symbols and the visual textures and graphics. It just oozed style and mystery.

This is from the CD, but it shows the artwork pretty well:

ragged1.jpg

I also liked what they did with their Arcadia stuff, which was similar in the sense of having the cryptic symbols.

arcadia12.jpg

And I've always loved Kate Bush's Cloudbusting picture sleeve:

Kate-Bush-Cloudbusting-50252.jpg

Apparently, someone involved with the artistic design of Alien also worked on the cloud buster (the big machine thing). It was long believed that HR GIger himself was the one who designed it, but that turned out to be a myth perpetuated by the close ties to the Alien movie.

^^^ I've got that Duran Duran album.

I've got a TON of vinyl. If anyone is looking for anything, let me know.

I have a bunch of vinyl from when I used to collect in the 90s, its mostly old school 80s heavy metal that I picked up for a buck each.

Heads up to anyone who collects vinyl. Mondo will be releasing the soundtrack to The Raid on the site I believe next friday. Pumped! such a good score.

Another heads up - Amazon has The Man of Steel limited edition vinyl available for preorder.

So you know, the limited edition vinyls for The Dark Knight now sells for around $200...and Inception can go for around $400!

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CP4GSGO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Thanks for the heads up! Hans zimmer is amazing. I didn't even realize he was doing the score for this film. Mainly because I don't have much interest in the film itself, but I am always up for a great score. Which I'm sure it will be.

Back