Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My summer of blue vinyls has concluded....the last one just arrived. Some Japanese band I've never heard of; I just bought it cause I love Hisashi Eguchi. The fact that the vinyl is blue is just a bonus.

GrYRYBr.jpg
OagBzcr.jpg

found something to do during lockdown.. figured I would clean some of my older Vinyl.Mainly some vintage LP's that I purchased in the last year.

Now my Nagaoka MP200 is very happy.

Attachments

• 2nd batch stage1.JPG
    2nd batch stage1.JPG
    771.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2nd batch stage2.JPG
    2nd batch stage2.JPG
    824.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 2nd batch stage3.JPG
    2nd batch stage3.JPG
    791.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2nd batch stage4.JPG
    2nd batch stage4.JPG
    694.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2nd batch stage5.JPG
    2nd batch stage5.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2nd batch stage10.JPG
    2nd batch stage10.JPG
    789.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Used my fingers,one to be exact.I have seen someone use an old Turntable and apply the glue while the TT is spinning using a Creditcard.

Anyway through testing a few LP'S when I first found out about this I found that half a 5oz paper dixie cup is the perfect amount of Elmers per Vinyl side.And you can pinch the edge of the dixie so it pours out in a thin line.

All the vinyl was already clean because I Preen/Clean any new LP I get with Groovewasher.And put the LP's in a mofi sleeve.

The Dixie lets you lay down two 1/3"-1/2" fat lines around the Vinyl.(Definitely do a practice side first(I used an LP I did not care about)because it can be very messy when you screw up and you get glue on your hand,knuckles or other fingers and it drips down onto the label or over the edge of the vinyl).But once you got it going it's pretty smooth.

First line I go between the first and second track.And depending on how many tracks the side has I evenly space the next line between the First line and the runout at the end of the side.
I start in small circular motion working the glue into the grooves and I get on the run-in without getting the glue over the edge.
Also just up to the edge of the Runout.Takes about 4-5min per side.

The glue can't be too thin or it will not peel evenly and leave glue residue in hard to get areas.So you have to work as evenly as possible and it becomes easier as you figure it out.You can move glue into areas and smooth areas that look thin even after you have swirled the entire side.

Let it sit for about 12hrs more or less until there are no more white areas at all and it's clear.Take a needle and prick up an edge and gently peel.The slower you go the better it is for the edges to peel evenly without leaving any residue.It's those edge areas that are the thinnest.

This works for Surface noise/pops/tics.I would say anywhere from 60-80% improvement depending on how bad the Vinyl is.
NOTE:It does not do anything for Scratches.

Last edited:
I've seen people do it on youtube, and I know I'll never do it cause I'm a complete klutz with no grace or patience at all, and I'd end up ruining my records.

Also, my condolences about the Rush and Santana LPs.

I hated seeing that pic....it was like a damn horror movie...straight gore. And the fact that it was in such great condition too. Ugh. Just a gut punch to see a thing like that. I hope you can find a suitable replacement without paying an arm and a leg.

Thanks Otomofan, Yeah' it was not fun opening that up.I was able to replace the Santana with a great find.
Finding another nice copy of RUSH is taking a little longer.Like you said,without paying an arm and a leg for it.

Attachments

• IMG_4748.JPG
    IMG_4748.JPG
    999.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
After hearing how great this sounded had to pick it up.Wanted to compare it to my recently found in Australia original 1974 Mercury US 1st pressing Promo.Which is the 1st release after the original MOON Label.

They released this Box $34.95 in 2014.Replicated the original Red Cover,MOON Label and other promo stuff including the original Tape readouts etc.I was able to finally find one unopened on discogs for $45.Good Deal.

Rush ReDISCovered Vinyl LP Box Set LIMITED EDITION DMM 2014 Remastered 200 Gram -
Remastered on heavyweight vinyl at Abbey Road Studios using the Direct to Metal Mastering DMM audiophile copper plating process,from original analogue masters.

Conclusion:If you are a RUSH fan especially of their First LP which is Pure Rock.Get this box set if you can find one at a good price.. sound wise it's really incredible,sonically slightly superior than my 1st pressing.Crank it up,it's a Monster.

Attachments

• IMG_4789.JPG
    IMG_4789.JPG
    944 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4797.JPG
    IMG_4797.JPG
    813 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4798.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4803.JPG
    IMG_4803.JPG