Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few milk crates full that I haven't paid attention to for a bit. Last time was when I bought the Sonic Youth first album reissue double album with the Sonic Death live recording from the year before (I think that could use an acronym or something). Today I got interested again when I decided to spend this week's gas money.

IMG_20140524_212837_zps6373a732.jpg

IMG_20140524_212656_zpsc844eb63.jpg

And the coup de grace...

IMG_20140524_212935_zps0aaede11.jpg

The store had a buy two get one sale, so $30 for Blade Runner and $22 for Hendrix was worth the $26 Sonic Youth marked down to $20 (and as such, free).

Good job! I have that Blade Runner, too. :duff

I am pretty inspired to start chasing new pressings. All of my Sabbath has been around since the 70's and fresh grooves would be heaven.

I've come to believe I would like to have new pressing if I can for most. Sonically it's just so satisfying.

I hit up some garage sales today and there was soooooo much vintage vinyl but sadly nothing I wanted. :(

I hit up some garage sales today and there was soooooo much vintage vinyl but sadly nothing I wanted. :(

I came in here to say that I need to start hitting up random garage sales I see, or stopping in a few Goodwills in the area.

Now that I have a solid setup, I pretty much want every album I've ever owned, but on vinyl. And, according to Amazon and a few other sites, that would cost me approximately $82,000, a kidney, 72 gallons of blood and sperm (not mixed), and my first born male child.

Do you enjoy the music ?

A tad pricey. ... haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I actually haven't listened to it yet. :slap

I am pretty inspired to start chasing new pressings. All of my Sabbath has been around since the 70's and fresh grooves would be heaven.

I initially started buying nothing but vintage vinyl off eBay. Once I got ahold of a few new 180 gram pressings, I was sold on newer releases. Now my collection has a mix, but I do prefer the newer editions.

I came in here to say that I need to start hitting up random garage sales I see, or stopping in a few Goodwills in the area.

Now that I have a solid setup, I pretty much want every album I've ever owned, but on vinyl. And, according to Amazon and a few other sites, that would cost me approximately $82,000, a kidney, 72 gallons of blood and sperm (not mixed), and my first born male child.

:lol

I want a few but am not going that far.

Yeah my used LP store has not had much of anything for me since record store day :(

I actually haven't listened to it yet. :slap

I initially started buying nothing but vintage vinyl off eBay. Once I got ahold of a few new 180 gram pressings, I was sold on newer releases. Now my collection has a mix, but I do prefer the newer editions.

1) :thwak:

2) Yeah see that is what I am thinking. There are a few key pieces that I enjoy having original pressings of like Jimi Hendrix's first few pieces and some of the Bob Seger stuff I love. But if I can get it reissued and relatively cheap by today's standards I will.

I just got the new Black Keys album and man it just sounds so good.

Got more Sonic Youth. White vinyl Confusion is Sex and 4-disc Goo boxset.

They made a pink vinyl EVOL and a purple vinyl Sister. Might take some work to find those.

I got the Blondie 2 LP new release that has a Redux of their greatest hits and a 1977 CBGB concert DVD.

Duran Duran's Rio is getting a reissue in July. :yess:

Cool! I've got the original (of course) but this will be a nice upgrade, perhaps as a present for my sister.

I've been buying up the Arcade Fire albums. It's so great to see the artwork in that scale. Also, the act of listening to the records is much more enveloping and kinda forces you to really sit and pay attention to the music since you have to baby sit the album to flip sides after 4 songs or so.

Back