Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might upgrade my cds but I have all the original vinyls.

I was shocked when I looked up record stores near me, how many there is. Some sell nothing but new and used vinyl.

Lots of record stores here as well. :)

I love records. Always have. Always well. CDs, tapes, MP3s, have their moments, but nothing does it like vinyl.

Despite being fed a steady diet of The Beatles growing up, leading to them becoming my favorite band, I wasn't one of those kids who got vinyl collections passed down from their parents. My dad only had a few Beatles records, all of which I took from him, but they're only in okay shape.

So I will definitely have to pick up this set.

I preordered the mono set while it was on special preorder pricing and also ordered the stereo set from Amazon. :panic:

Miss yeah Ween!

1052973-Cartoon-Hockey-Beaver-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Despite being fed a steady diet of The Beatles growing up, leading to them becoming my favorite band, I wasn't one of those kids who got vinyl collections passed down from their parents. My dad only had a few Beatles records, all of which I took from him, but they're only in okay shape.

So I will definitely have to pick up this set.

My dad gave me his entire Beatles catalog as well. Funny thing is that he loved Sgt. Pepper; therefore any album pre, now has pen-drawn glasses and mustaches on the album covers.

Good times. One of these days I will photograph my vinyl collection. My parents gave me all their favorites. Lots of Stones and Bowie albums to go with the Beatles.

I could definitely see MMT as someone's favorite album, due to that murderer's row of singles on side B. But given that it's essentially half soundtrack / half singles, I don't think I'd be able to rank that among the albums, myself.

Although the soundtrack side really does have some fantastic songs. Blue Jay Way used to creep the hell out of me as a kid. I used to assume, due to its eerie tone, that his friends wound up dying instead of meeting George, or maybe George was already dead. Instead, it's just this somber song about him wanting to hang out before he falls asleep. :lol

Well, Amazon can't package for ****. The stereo Beatles box set showed up with a huge dent in the top left corner. The book and LPs weren't damaged, but I'm sending it back anyway. That box is part of the reason for buying the set and it's not worth what I paid for looking like that. I'll reorder from a retailer that knows how to package their expensive, heavy box sets. :mad:

I feel you bro. Got MY Fleetwood Mac Greatest hits abs it came in the cardboard holder that's normally on the inside of a bigger box.

Back