Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually remember a commercial where they showed one the winners with his loot and he had baby dolls and Barbie stuff in the pile around him and even then I knew that was b.s. No boy would have even considered going into that part of the store.

I actually remember a commercial where they showed one the winners with his loot and he had baby dolls and Barbie stuff in the pile around him and even then I knew that was b.s. No boy would have even considered going into that part of the store.

Well maybe he was, ya know....not that there's anything wrong with that.

This was the oldest commercial (1993) I could find advertising a shopping spree.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaK8eJ2KnOw[/ame]

Yeah, sadly I wasn't able to find any from the 80's... but a few from the early 90's when the toys on the shelf were already pretty sucky :lol

Awesome! Congrats, Madcow! I love the vintage Indy and SW boxes. Those little dioramas they put togther for the shots get me every time.

Awesome! Congrats, Madcow! I love the vintage Indy and SW boxes. Those little dioramas they put togther for the shots get me every time.

Thanks! I love the boxes too and my plan is to actually get all the playsets MIB and when I'm ready, open them all and make displays. I cant wait!

Congrats Madcow... I'm really thinking Indy might be a series I need to collect.

What kind of prices do the loose figures and sets go for?

Those look awesome man, I luckily I have everything in that photo :hi5: Vintage collectables are my main passion, even tho I still collect alot of the modern stuff too. It saddens me when modern figure collectors hate to use the word "toys" because growing up in the 80s with a huge passion for toy action figures is where my inspiration and collection started and im proud of that.

Those look awesome man, I luckily I have everything in that photo :hi5: Vintage collectables are my main passion, even tho I still collect alot of the modern stuff too. It saddens me when modern figure collectors hate to use the word "toys" because growing up in the 80s with a huge passion for toy action figures is where my inspiration and collection started and im proud of that.

Same here except for Beast Man & the Speeder Bike. I only bought this stuff to resell. The only modern stuff I buy is Masters of the Universe Classics and Hot Toys. Nothing beats a nice vintage toy in or out of the box.

I never picked up the new Masters of the Universe line, just stuck with the 80s line but it does look alot better than the new Thundercats line which just hurts my eyes to look at.

Yeah it's a shame Mattel couldn't the license for Thundercats. The Four Horsemen would've made awesome figures.

Those catalogs are a great pick up.:goodpost:

Congrats Madcow... I'm really thinking Indy might be a series I need to collect.

What kind of prices do the loose figures and sets go for?

Indy's weird because it all seems to fluctuate. Marion and German Indy are the hardest to find and usually go for $50-$70 mint/complete. There's always a handful of Marion's on the bay for around $100 but they've been there for a really long time. In my experience you're better off trying to buy figures in lots.

These are my latest Vintage pick-ups. Ollie was the real prize everything else was just icing on the cake. Haven't had a chance to un-warp Doom's ankle yet.

037.jpg

These are my latest Vintage pick-ups. Ollie was the real prize everything else was just icing on the cake. Haven't had a chance to un-warp Doom's ankle yet.

037.jpg

Cool score:hi5:I had that Dr Doom and wolverine when I was a kid, I also had the black spiderman, capt america and a couple of others from that line, secret wars I think it was called:)

Back