Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those catalogs are a great pick up.:goodpost

Thanks. I'm slowly trying to get 80-89 for Sears, JC Penney & Montgomery Ward. Every time I go through a new catalog I find something I had or something I wanted. It's crazy seeing how cheap the prices are too. Who knew these toys would get so expensive.

Everything in this pic is for sale if anyone is interested.

Those catalogs are a great pick up.:goodpost:

Indy's weird because it all seems to fluctuate. Marion and German Indy are the hardest to find and usually go for $50-$70 mint/complete. There's always a handful of Marion's on the bay for around $100 but they've been there for a really long time. In my experience you're better off trying to buy figures in lots.

Youre pretty much right. Marion is the gem of the
line. Second I would say is the regular Indy in mint condition. He's tough to find loose in good shape because the thumbs are really fragile and have a tendency to break. German Indy would be the 3rd highest figure. Carded he's about $60-$100, half that for a nice loose one though keep an eye out for bargains, I just scored a loose one that would grade about a 90/95 for $5. He's missing the bazooka but I'm ok with that as I'm going to stick him in the Desert Convoy Truck.

Next up you have a tie between Sallah and Belloq. Both can fetch $40 or so carded. Lastly, is the Cairo Swordsman, Toht and German Mechanic. They are the easiest to find and can usually be had for around $20-25 carded. Oh and I forgot the exclusive mail-away Belloq in Ceremonial outfit, that is about $20 bagged.

There are 2 other figures that were only available with playsets: Indy in robes that came with the Map Room and the Monkey Man that came with the Streets of Cairo. Both of those sets can fetch around $25-75 depending on condition or if theyre boxed.

Overall, it's a small, yet fun, line thats pretty easy to collect.

Thanks. I'm slowly trying to get 80-89 for Sears, JC Penney & Montgomery Ward. Every time I go through a new catalog I find something I had or something I wanted. It's crazy seeing how cheap the prices are too. Who knew these toys would get so expensive.

I have a 1981 Montgomery Ward catalog and 1990 and 1992 Sears Wish Books that I found at a recycling center a few months ago. Theyre so much fun to read.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm at my parents at the moment and thought I'd look in some old boxes of toys. I have no need for these anymore and thought that there might be a gem or two for some people here.
Just let me know if you're interested in anything specific.

Mods: I realize that I usually should start a for sale thread for these, but since these are very specific I thought this would be the best place. If anybody is interested in a specific figure, I will name a price (best via PM). I don't want to sell this stuff to make money, but rather to help people out if there's something rare or special in here that people won't find easily.

Here's the stuff. I actually have a lot more, mostly early 90's stuff (more TMNT, Jurassic Park, Thundercats etc.) in other boxes.

IMG_3072_small.jpg

IMG_3082_small.jpg

Although they are not all pictures, I should have pretty much all of the accessories to the figures.

Those MOTU look really nice. Thats one of those lines that I liked as a lad but I have no despite to collect now. I have a Ram Man and a few Battle Action Skellys but thats it.

As for me I picked up a few bargains for the ROTLA set:

458d02c5-b8e4-8c90.jpg

458d02c5-b905-f07c.jpg

I have a really nice lot coming in the mail too, can't wait!!!

That's pretty cool! Are you leaving the Swordsman and Toht carded?

Yeah for now as I dont have anywhere to display anything. The cards aren't perfect so they would make good openers but if I come across any nice loose ones in the meantime then i'll keep them sealed.

Nice to see some love for the vintage Indy stuff.
All I need for the Kenner Jones' series is Marion and Belloq, and a couple small accessories here and there.

Nice to see some love for the vintage Indy stuff.
All I need for the Kenner Jones' series is Marion and Belloq, and a couple small accessories here and there.

I've always loved it, just never hunted them down. My quest to obtain the only 2 figures I ever had as a kid, German Indy and German Mechanic, opened the door to my new focus. As of right now, including what I have on the way, I only need:

Marion
Indy (regular)
Belloq (regular)
Sallah
Arabian Horse

After this I'll tackle the LJN Temple of Doom line , of which I need Indy and the Thuggee.

Where's a good place to buy acrylic stairs that are sized right for 3.75 figures? It's time for me to start thinking about getting my Kenner collection un-boxed.

I love your signature Waller.

I'm working on a small shelf system for my original Star Wars figures. Will try to post some pictures today.

Back