Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, its sad when the original Star Trek series is given the proper respect it deserves for a BluRay release and then on top of that it has a prequel that destroys the Star Wars ones :huh

It's a backwards world when Star Trek is top dog :lol

As for Tron, I'd agree with Deak. It is boring, but like a lot of movies from that time its charm and novel nature make it a classic. I did think the new Tron was shat though... as it was still boring but uninspired compared to the original.

It's a backwards world when Star Trek is top dog :lol

I did think the new Tron was shat though... as it was still boring but uninspired compared to the original.

I never thought I would actually admit there was something better than SW, hell I'd even give it up to LOTR.

Also I loved Tron:Legacy (I get why others would not) but I am a sucker for awesome art design and Daft Punk!

That last Star Trek film was just awesome, but I know what you mean guys... It's hard for me to say something is "better than Star Wars" but that one Star Trek film is far better than the entirety of the PT.

That new Star Trek is probably the second best Star Trek movie after part 2 in my book. Edges out part 6.

I'd agree with that, Kirk was all the Han Solo (but still not as cool) I could need, something the prequels lacked...a real world cynic. Plus the first 5 minutes tug at my parental heartstrings more so than any other movie in a long time. Up! did that too, sans the parent part. I am _____. :lol

Yep, Wrath of Kahn is definitely the best Trek movie and I'd consider it to be on-par (not better) with the OT films. But most of the other Trek movies range from good to mediocre with a few that are just awful.

Nothing really touches the unaltered OT for me, but when you start mucking with them the SE's editions start dropping fast.

I think Trek really edges out Star Wars, any mature Sci-Fi fan of both series should agree.

I'd agree with that, Kirk was all the Han Solo (but still not as cool) I could need, something the prequels lacked...a real world cynic. Plus the first 5 minutes tug at my parental heartstrings more so than any other movie in a long time. Up! did that too, sans the parent part. I am _____. :lol

Watch it again and think about how empty Carl's life was without Ellie, then Russell comes around and fills a part of him that has always been missing... Then think about how your children do that for you. :horror Russell may not be his child but there's a great little sub plot where Carl is fulfilled through their companionship, not through the trip to Paradise Falls. It's the fulfilling of that parental urge that makes Carl a happy man again. :)

I've seen Up! roughly 100 times, no joke... Gabriel loves it as much as the Toy Story movies, so I've come to find all sorts of wonderful messages hidden within... I HATE it when people tell me it's too heavy for children or that they don't like it because it's sad... That's lame. I like to think there's a very, very positive message in that film. There's layers of perseverance, friendship, hope and love that I really dig.

Are you saying that All Trek is better than all SW? I still think the OT is superior to Star Trek, but I'm biased.

When i was young, Star Wars was my favorite, i owned loads of figures/vehicles, erasers,stickers, toothbrushes,Vader halloween costume etc..it was my focus then, Star Wars was everywhere.

I still enjoyed Trek thanks to my aunt(who got TOS Spock tattoed on her ass XD), yet there wasn't enough toys and stuff to keep the interest as great as Star Wars, i mean i built ships out of Lego and owned a few Mego's that my grandmother bought me when i was almost 5yrs old, then when i was around 10-11yrs old i built the AMT model of the Enterprise from both STV and then later VI and collected the MicroMachines line and the Galoob STTNG figures with the diecast Enterprise D, bought a few Playmates figures as well blah blah blah.

So, as i aged i definitely noticed how big of a marketing plan Star Wars is and how little the movies actually affected me especially after watching the hell out of them, i've become more intrigued by the character designs in Wars then the actual story and i'm sure anyone can see why from a mature POV. Trek has more dialogue and more interesting characters, i love the naval style ship battles and ship designs more then Star Wars, i mean how the ____ is the pilot of a X-Wing or Y-Wing bouncing around in the cockpit like that in space?. XD

I love Star Wars but, Trek has much more feeling to it emotionally then Wars, better acting obviously as well.I see it like this..Star Wars would be every kids sandbox dream and Star Trek would be every young adults/adults answer to Star Wars.

Last edited:
lg_fanboys_trek.jpg

I think Trek really edges out Star Wars, any mature Sci-Fi fan of both series should agree.

Get the ____ out of this thread. :lol

Watch it again and think about how empty Carl's life was without Ellie, then Russell comes around and fills a part of him that has always been missing... Then think about how your children do that for you. :horror Russell may not be his child but there's a great little sub plot where Carl is fulfilled through their companionship, not through the trip to Paradise Falls. It's the fulfilling of that parental urge that makes Carl a happy man again. :)

I've seen Up! roughly 100 times, no joke... Gabriel loves it as much as the Toy Story movies, so I've come to find all sorts of wonderful messages hidden within... I HATE it when people tell me it's too heavy for children or that they don't like it because it's sad... That's lame. I like to think there's a very, very positive message in that film. There's layers of perseverance, friendship, hope and love that I really dig.

It's awesome, people are idiots.

When i was young, Star Wars was my favorite, i owned loads of figures/vehicles, erasers,stickers, toothbrushes,Vader halloween costume etc..it was my focus then, Star Wars was everywhere.

I still enjoyed Trek thanks to my aunt(who got TOS Spock tattoed on her ass XD), yet there wasn't enough toys and stuff to keep the interest as great as Star Wars, i mean i built ships out of Lego and owned a few Mego's that my grandmother bought me when i was almost 5yrs old, then when i was around 10-11yrs old i built the AMT model of the Enterprise from both STV and then later VI and collected the MicroMachines line and the Galoob STTNG figures with the diecast Enterprise D, bought a few Playmates figures as well blah blah blah.

So, as i aged i definitely noticed how big of a marketing plan Star Wars is and how little the movies actually affected me especially after watching the hell out of them, i've become more intrigued by the character designs in Wars then the actual story and i'm sure anyone can see why from a mature POV. Trek has more dialogue and more interesting characters, i love the naval style ship battles and ship designs more then Star Wars, i mean how the ____ is the pilot of a X-Wing or Y-Wing bouncing around in the cockpit like that in space?. XD

I love Star Wars but, Trek has much more feeling to it emotionally then Wars, better acting obviously as well.I see it like this..Star Wars would be every kids sandbox dream and Star Trek would be every young adults/adults answer to Star Wars.

Here is my adult response Valfar...

Dismissive_Wank.gif

But really, I see some solid efforts in Trek but overall quality over quantity. TOS is fun, I've heard the BluRays are awesome. ST II, IV, and VI are good. Wrath of Khan being great, TNG is pretty solid, DS9 was ____ty...got interesting then weird at the end. Voyager & the last one are dismissed. The 2009 film, I concede is great but all of it well just isn't Star Wars. I don't see SW as Sci-Fi, it's a fairytale aka Sci-Fantasy. As gay as that sounds, I believe that. Star Wars is a world you want to be in that seems tangible, completely fantastical, alien, and yet oddly familiar. Star Trek to me relies too much on the possibility of what can be, which isn't as interesting. The original trilogy is something special, that no matter what can't be tainted. Doesn't matter how many non-nonsensical versions there are.

star wars cosplay chicks > star trek cosplay chicks..........:lecture

discuss.................:lol

Back