Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veeerrrry carefully... not much else you can do. I think one arm is more prone to breakage than the other; but not positive about that.

Veeerrrry carefully... not much else you can do. I think one arm is more prone to breakage than the other; but not positive about that.

Yikes... I wonder if there are any instructional videos on Youtube or something. I'd like to see a "safe" way to handle this before I try.

I've treated my EV-9D9 like it was fine china... very careful not to mess it up. Funny thing is that over time the weight of the torso causes the legs to start warping. I had to redo the hot water/ice water trick a couple months ago as the legs started bowing again.

Sounds like this guy needs a stand or something to take the weight off his legs.

I was just thinking that as well... a clear acrylic one to support the torso and allow the feet to stand flush would be great. Kind of like the crotch grabber stands HT and Sideshow are now using.

I was just thinking that as well... a clear acrylic one to support the torso and allow the feet to stand flush would be great. Kind of like the crotch grabber stands HT and Sideshow are now using.

Anyone make anything like this?

Just looking at completed listings for non-AFA figures it looks like they are from $100-$185 for Yak Face and $55-$85 for EV-9D9 (unbroken ones)

Completed Yak Face on eBay
Completed EV-9D9 on eBay

I did buy my Yak Face off of RS though; so part of my price was being able to buy directly from the seller which saves them on eBay fees, etc. And the other part was just watching for a good deal; I took a lot of time before getting Yak Face as I was pretty sure I could get one I'd be happy with for a decent price.

Cue Hall & Oates because I'm out of touch...:panic:

Also let me counter that with, I'd be scared to buy these figures off of eBay. I mean you take a risk anywhere but at least make sure there are adequate pictures of the figure before you pull the trigger.

I've treated my EV-9D9 like it was fine china... very careful not to mess it up. Funny thing is that over time the weight of the torso causes the legs to start warping. I had to redo the hot water/ice water trick a couple months ago as the legs started bowing again.

Yeah, I don't think this can be helped. But it's an easy fix.

So how do you go about not moving the arms but figuring out if it's been glued or not???

To Galactiboy you listen to! :lecture

I've seen a ton of broken left arms on eBay.

Your mother is a broken arm.

Sounds like this guy needs a stand or something to take the weight off his legs.

Right, stands help.

My goodness... I've been checking RS for deals daily just about all year, and have gotten quite a few great buys in that time, but there's been just about nothing good for the last month or so. :(

My goodness... I've been checking RS for deals daily just about all year, and have gotten quite a few great buys in that time, but there's been just about nothing good for the last month or so. :(

Maybe it's like the real estate market and dries up outside of summer. :lol

I've felt the same way about Yojoe in the last few years. Used to get great deals on vintage before the 25th Anniversary came around. Oh well (I've mostly got what I want anyway).

I'm gonna have to join RS at some point to do this for SW...

I've felt the same way about Yojoe in the last few years. Used to get great deals on vintage before the 25th Anniversary came around. Oh well (I've mostly got what I want anyway).

I'm gonna have to join RS at some point to do this for SW...

As messed up as this may sound, the best time to buy there is when a member is getting rid of his/her entire collection. There's awesome deals to be had.

As messed up as this may sound, the best time to buy there is when a member is getting rid of his/her entire collection. There's awesome deals to be had.

This is true!

Anyone selling? ;)

Some of these figures are older than I am, they're going to dry up eventually! :panic:
Just like your. . .well.

Looking at that Rebelscum thread, there are loads of toys I had as a kid, with no idea what license/cartoon/movie they were associated with.

I've still got my Klinger in drag figure somewhere. . .I always thought that was a strange figure when I was a kid :lol

Back