Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took pics of my blackstar heroes

DSC000543.jpg

klone, balkar, john blackstar

Definitely had a few Blackstar figures... Now I need to do some research as my curiosity is peaked. . :lol

The collection is huge but it seems cluttered. They are displayed nice but once you get that many figures it just starts to look cluttered almost no matter how you display them

I agree. It's very difficult, though, with 3 3/4" figures. Much more difficult to display than 12" stuff, so that it doesn't look cluttered.

I think Trek really edges out Star Wars, any mature Sci-Fi fan of both series should agree.

I agree. Star Trek is "true" sci-fi. Star Wars is just fantasy wrapped in a sci-fi blanket.

And in terms of fantasy, Lord of the Rings was always better than Star Wars, well before the Jackson movies came out. :)

OT Star Wars is still awesome, though.

Is that Galactiboy I see in the far back dressed in his red shirt outfit from Halloween a couple years ago?

Crap, I've been found out :lol

I tend to look at Star Trek and Star Wars like apples and oranges... they're really too different to make a fair comparison.

Crap, I've been found out :lol

I tend to look at Star Trek and Star Wars like apples and oranges... they're really too different to make a fair comparison.

Speaking of which, anyone have a Playmates Star Trek collection?

I always thought they were pretty cool.

I had a couple when I was younger... they were one of the last toys I actually bought to play with. But honestly as I got older they were a series I never really cared for.

I do have the Galoob STNG series though and plan to pick up some of the Mego and Ertl figures from the first 3 films.

ccx.jpg

I had a couple when I was younger... they were one of the last toys I actually bought to play with. But honestly as I got older they were a series I never really cared for.

I do have the Galoob STNG series though and plan to pick up some of the Mego and Ertl figures from the first 3 films.

ccx.jpg

Nice... it's too bad it was only Season 1 though. I was never really a fan of the first season of TNG...

Yeah, would have been great if the series had continued. But I dig the style of the figures and its pretty cheap to get a full set of them.

Yeah, would have been great if the series had continued. But I dig the style of the figures and its pretty cheap to get a full set of them.

Isn't one or two of them super-rare and expensive? Or maybe WAS expensive... Seems like Star Trek just isn't that popular these days.

I just love how expansive the Playmates line got. Actually looking at what they made, it's a bit daunting to think of starting to collect it!

But maybe I'll get the TNG bridge crew at least, someday...

I think there were 2 unproduced figures, but some people have examples of it. One was Weshley Crusher and the other might have been a Klingon? Oh, and I think there is a variant of Data that was valuable at one time, but seems to sell for about the same as the other figures.

The aliens have a bit more value, but pretty neglible.

Isn't one or two of them super-rare and expensive? Or maybe WAS expensive... Seems like Star Trek just isn't that popular these days.

You might be thinking of Mego's ST:TMP figures. The second series is all aliens and fairly hard to come by, or at least harder than the first series.

I think there were 2 unproduced figures, but some people have examples of it. One was Weshley Crusher and the other might have been a Klingon? Oh, and I think there is a variant of Data that was valuable at one time, but seems to sell for about the same as the other figures.

The aliens have a bit more value, but pretty neglible.

You might be thinking of Mego's ST:TMP figures. The second series is all aliens and fairly hard to come by, or at least harder than the first series.

No, it was the two unproduced ones galactiboy mentioned that I had in mind... Mego stuff is WAYYY before my time! ;)

How much do these go for, for curiosity's sake? Wesley and a Klingon seem like they'd be must haves to complete the set (yes, I know Wesley was a bit of a dork, but he was a main character, after all, and Klingons are awesome).

I don't know about Wesley or the Klingon as I've never seen them up for sale... but I could imagine hundreds or maybe even more depending on how few exist :huh

The rest though are maybe $5 for the crew members and $10-$15 for the aliens loose and about double that for carded examples.

If anyone needs them I have a nearly complete second set of the galoob figures (I think I'm just missing one or two communicators and the Ferengi's whip).

Nah, just taking a nap... don't know about you guys but I'm preparing for a deluge of expensive 1/6 figures :lol

Not prepared. I got crap on FlexPay, crap I have to pick up at my local shop...things need to start getting the axe. I'm looking at you PF Stormtrooper.

Yeah, preparing might sound a bit optimistic. More like waiting for the crash :lol

Seems like every fall I get hit with a backlog of items.

I've been busy canceling preorders lately that I'm only down to two eFX orders and one of those I may be selling to a friend.

That should free up some money for some vintage. :yess:

Back