Veronica Mars Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter Campaign: Don't You Dare Feel Bad About Chipping In - TVLine

The self righteous comments like "Wouldn’t that money have been better donated to a charity?" really baffles me. Heck that way all our money is better off giving to charities especially to third world countries where basic living amenities are a scarcity.

I wonder if the people making those comments would be willing to give up all their monetary pleasures in life to help others. Money spent for a meal at a restaurant and a movie ticket would likely help someone get clean drinking water in other parts of the world. So yeah forgo all monetary wealth and pleasures in life that personally matter to you, cause there is someone always more deserving of that wealth than you.

"Wouldn't that money have been better donated to a better movie idea?"

:monkey3

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1R93UMqlk]Veronica Mars - Theatrical Trailer (In Select Theaters: March 14, 2014) - YouTube[/ame]

Looking good :). Can't wait to access the digital download later this year.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJhjV3EOY4]First Look: The Official Veronica Mars SDCC Sneak Peek - YouTube[/ame]

And here is the sneak peek shown during SDCC last year.

Project Update #85: 6 Days To Go... and just one hour until our worldwide premiere.

"Gang,

In just over an hour, Veronica Mars will have its "official" worldwide premiere at SXSW, here in Austin, for a theater full of film lovers who might -- or might not -- be Veronica fans, and I'll get to see how a film festival crowd reacts to what we've made. It should be fun, and I think it will tell me something about how the general public might respond to the movie.

You might think that premiering my first film at a major film festival, in my hometown, would be the most exciting thing happening to me today. But it won't be. It's going to be amazing and a heady experience, sure, but the most exciting part of my day will be just a few hours later, when we hold the first of our Kickstarter premiere events. The cast and I will take our seats and watch the movie again, but this time in a theater full of our backers -- fans so committed to Veronica that they made this movie possible. For the first time, I'll get to see the movie with some of you.

When we were making final plans for tonight's event, the theater staff -- knowing that I'll just have seen the movie at SXSW -- offered me a private room where I could relax, in case I didn't want to see the movie twice in a row. Here's the thing: I know the movie by heart. I've watched every scene in the movie hundreds of times.

But for me, tonight's screening isn't about seeing the movie for the umpteenth time: it's my first chance to watch you watching the movie and to experience it with the people we made it for. I've been anticipating this day for a long, long time.

It's time for me to get ready for the SXSW screening, but before I do, I'll say it again:

Thank you for giving us the chance to make this movie, and for making today possible.

We can't wait to meet some of you tonight, and over the coming week.

Rob "

SO??? Anyone see it yet?

I guess the marketing budget for this one was non-existent. I've yet to see ANYTHING on TV about it and barely anything online in comparison to the Kickstarter melee we were all subjected to. Granted, with a budget of 5mil it will still turn a profit. Review seem to be pretty positive. It's actually playing in my area so I'm going to try to talk the wife into seeing it this weekend.

Ok I am halfway done via my digital copy from Kickstarter - if you loved the show, you'll love the movie. Its great seeing many of the same faces years later....D!CK is still hilarious (censor of **** = really)?

if I had one complaint, the makeup on Kristen Bell is really too heavy on her - makes her look way older than the little 5 min vid they did to get the Kickstarter going.

Last edited:
Back