Veronica Mars Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joss whedon committed about the kick starter firefly came up this may have opened up some doors.

Exclusive: Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas on the wildly successful Kickstarter movie campaign
In-Depth interview with Rob Thomas which also addresses some of the concerns and criticism the project has faced so far.

Warner Bros. Greenlights VERONICA MARS Movie, Production Budget to Come from Kickstarter | Collider
Warner Bros. has green lighted the film and apparently the production budget will all come from the Kickstarter funds, while the studio will help with the distribution and promotion.

I kind of wonder if this could open new doors for WB and things that fans might want to see, but they don't want to spend money on. Lord knows I'd donate toward the costs of the restoration, production, and distribution of Batman: The Animated Series on Blu-Ray if it meant getting a copy, or, even, the rest of Justice League.:lol

The Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter Campaign: Don't You Dare Feel Bad About Chipping In - TVLine

The self righteous comments like "Wouldn’t that money have been better donated to a charity?" really baffles me. Heck that way all our money is better off giving to charities especially to third world countries where basic living amenities are a scarcity.

I wonder if the people making those comments would be willing to give up all their monetary pleasures in life to help others. Money spent for a meal at a restaurant and a movie ticket would likely help someone get clean drinking water in other parts of the world. So yeah forgo all monetary wealth and pleasures in life that personally matter to you, cause there is someone always more deserving of that wealth than you.

The President is already giving my money to the "needy" so I spend what if I have on what I can.

And everyone will be working on the cheap. This is a passion project for sure for the vast majority of them. Don't worry...their contracts will all be back end loaded. ;)

Seeing this story unfold is pretty intersting, ill be honest, i never watched the show, iv heard of it, and i love Kristen Bell but to see this Kickstarter raise the money so fast and greenlight the project i feel is groundbreaking.

Imagine this, that the productions are now in the hands of the fans, not the studios, i mean if Veronica Mars could raise that money so fast, imagine a more 'mainstream' 'iconic' franchise revivial, The studios can pay the actors but well cover the production costs. i feel like this is going to become more popular. The crew better put there money where there mouth is, literally.

Seeing this story unfold is pretty intersting, ill be honest, i never watched the show, iv heard of it, and i love Kristen Bell but to see this Kickstarter raise the money so fast and greenlight the project i feel is groundbreaking.

Imagine this, that the productions are now in the hands of the fans, not the studios, i mean if Veronica Mars could raise that money so fast, imagine a more 'mainstream' 'iconic' franchise revivial, The studios can pay the actors but well cover the production costs. i feel like this is going to become more popular. The crew better put there money where there mouth is, literally.

I want WB to make a Kickstarter for the restoration of the earlier seasons of Smallville so that we could get a proper Blu-Ray release.:lol

I want WB to make a Kickstarter for the restoration of the earlier seasons of Smallville so that we could get a proper Blu-Ray release.:lol

Dude i totally agree!!! :exactly: They gave some lame excuse that the original effects werent done in HD so they would have to redo them, Put them on blu ray!!! :cuckoo:

In fact i was thinking! imagine if the fans came together and raised a good amount of money to do a movie, it could be straight to bluray IDC!, ,mabey somthing from the season 11 comic, we could easily raise a proper budget!

Well about 10 hours to go for the Kickstarter and $5,357,034 raised so far!! :yess:

If you haven't donated they have a $1 option so get in there and help make this movie be the best it can be!! :wave

I will be at the Dog and Duck pub here in Austin tonight (Rob Thomas is supposed to be there somewhere) watching the final countdown.

I pledged! Now they're trying to break the record for most pledgers and only need around 2K more!

Last day! I hope they make it!:mexwave

I wanted to see a VM movie for a long time, so what the heck? Contributed back when this started. Kinda cool they went well above the $2 Million amt hoped for

That's cool. I donated as well back when it started. Happy to hear they will also be at SDCC but I missed out on the SDCC packages they were offering yesterday and today. :(

Back