Best Children's Cartoons?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are, in your opinion, the most enjoyable children's cartoons to watch as an adult? By that I mean the plots, characters, and themes are appropriate for children to watch but don't insult the intelligence of the adults also watching them. Nostalgia might tempt you to include some childhood favorites but please only post ones you've seen as an adult and think are worth watching without warm fuzzy feelings of your childhood surfacing. There are many cartoons I watched as a kid but so far, I've only seen three shows that fit my description of quality. In no particular order:

Batman: The Animated Series - Arguably, this is the best incarnation of Batman ever. That includes comics, movies, cartoons, and video games. It's a seamless blend of realism and fantasy. The character designs and atmosphere are timeless. The voices of the characters (Batman and Joker in particular) are so iconic that it's how I hear the characters speak in the few comics I read.

Disney's Gargoyles
- I absolutely love this show. It reminds me a lot of B:TAS for some reason, but the reason it's so great are the intricate/complicated plots that unfold from the very first episode and continue throughout the show. The characters grow, change, and past events are never forgotten. It was probably the complexity that made me not think highly of this show as a child watching reruns out of order and why it was eventually taken over by Disney writers and run into the ground with the third season.

Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender
- I don't even know what motivated me to get this show. I was no by means a kid anymore when I bought this as a college student. I don't like anime, but the cover art was so attractive I bought it blindly despite the $50 pricetag. I didn't fall in love with the animation or humor immediately. It grew on me as the show went on. The action is amazing. The world is interesting. The story is fantastic. The art/design is beautiful. I have watched the entire series several times. I have watched and enjoy its spin-off and have purchased the graphic novel trilogy "The Promise" that continues these characters' arcs and eagerly wait for "The Search" to come out next year. I never bothered with the live-action movie. What a wasted opportunity that was...

Any I missed or need to check out?

Yea... Tmnt , spectacular Spider-Man , and about a million others. Rugrats, hey Arnold , transformers....

Flash Gordon, The original Speed Racer, Original Thunderbirds, Original Gigantor, Star Blazers, Last Airbender, Korra, Tron Uprising, Spiderman 60s, Pre 1960's Looney tunes, Old disney pre 1960s,Anything Tex Avery,old popeye and anything Walter Lance

Last edited:
Invader Zim
Tron
Gravity Falls
Regular Show
Adventure Time
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Angry Beavers

Dark water, scooby doo, mighty max, sonic the animated series, adventure time, teen titans, young justice and xmen.

Dexters lab
Hey arnold
Transformers
Spider-Man 1994
X-Men 1994
Batman the animated series
Bayman Beyond
Recess
Kim possible
Pirates of dark water
Tom & Jerry
Mighty Max
Looney Tunes
TMNT

Now my requirement for a good kids toon is that people die in terrible, violent ways.

I love it. :D

I suppose there are a ton of comedies out there... I was thinking about action/drama stuff. But keep them coming.

tomjerry.jpg

I'm still waiting to own the original unedited series.

Dont forget anything Walter Lance, Tex Avery, and Max Fleicsher(Popeye)

I suppose there are a ton of comedies out there... I was thinking about action/drama stuff. But keep them coming.

There's not much. Just Tron, really.

Tron has a pretty great deal of drama.Actual drama, with sometimes, real tragic consequences.

Bruce Boxleitner gives it his all in that show.

Fairly Odd parents, Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom...I thought they had lots of Adult wit

Clone Wars, Penquins of Madagascar, Barnyard and the How to train your dragon series too...Regular Show

But not adult plots.

Plus, serious cartoon shows are mostly boring. Maybe outside of Batman......yeah.

Back