Best Children's Cartoons?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magilla Gorilla and friends too, Squidly Diddly was great too

I just watched the BTAS and they still are REALLy great to watch
Also like :
Rocko's modern life
Ducktales
Ren & Stimpy
G I Joe
Tick
Tailspin
TMNT (haven't watched the new ones)
Looney Toons
Gargoyles

I can tell alot of you guys were born after me...by a few or more years...LOL

Still. Invader Zim will always be my favorite show. I do my best to ignore the ****ing retarded sub culture it created, only because I was there when it began, and when it ended.

I watched a ton of Looney Tunes growing up, they're definitely some of my favorites and probably the most iconic and nostalgic for me.

The older Tom and Jerry (I think the new ones talk now) was also one of those cartoons that I watched a ton of so that's a personal favorite as well.

I'm also a big fan of Pinky and the Brain and the Animaniacs.

My all time favorite though? It's probably pretty obvious,

Batman_Animated_Series_Intro_title_sequence_Storyboard_07.png

Batman_Animated_Series_Intro_title_sequence_Storyboard_08.png

Batman_Animated_Series_Intro_title_sequence_Storyboard_09.png

For me its Batman The animated series, X-Men and Spiderman from the early 90´s ,still watch them from time to time

Looney Tunes
Tom & Jerry
Thundercats 1st
Saint Seiya
Dragon Ball-Z

In terms of story and animation Bamtan the Animated Series is hands down my favorite. The New Adventures of Batman (the one with Nightwing) was okay, but not as good as the first I thought. "Legends of the Dark Knight" is definitely a must ep. though. Similarly I think Justice was hit and miss overall.

I loved X-Men as a kid too and once in a while if I can catch it I'll watch for nostalgia sake. Most of the voices in that show are now how percieve the characters talking in comics even if they pre-date the 90s.

I like the original Thundercats a lot myself and its one of the few 80s (non-Anime) cartoons that started to develop continuing storylines where what happened in one episode would potentially effect the overall season. Something about that makes it feel less like a glorified toy commercial.

Batman:TAS
Superman:TAS
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
Green Lantern:TAS
Young Justice

Animaniacs
Freakazoid
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
Looney Tunes
Scooby Doo
Super Friends
Superman (Max Fleischer)
Tom & Jerry

As far as JLU goes, it is automatically inducted into any "Best of" lists, for me, because it contains one of the single greatest Batman moments in ANY medium. It's in the episode "Epilogue", where an older Amanda Waller talks to Terry Mcginnis about his predecessor.

Batman: the animated series
Dexter's laboratory
Samurai Jack
Powerpuff girls
Ulysses 31

Tmnt for me was what opened the door for action cartoons. Scooby doo opened the door in general for cartoons. I'll never forget how Cartoon Network played old shows like Johnny quest,Josie and the ***** cats and jabber jaw. Those were the days.

Batman :TAS
Legend of Korra
X-Men
X-Men: Evolution
Wolverine and the X-Men
G.I. Joe: Renegades
G.I. Joe
Doug
Rocko's Modern Life
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/Return of the Island
Ren and Stimpy (for older kids)
The Misadventures of Flapjack

I wish I could post the Lazytown/Lil John mashup video, but it has a lot of naughty language and I don't want to get infracted.

Back