Utapau 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remembering picking up this figure around the time ROTS came out, but with red color scheme. I wonder if SS would attempt it. Even has little goggles that come down.
Loose_CloneCommander_Green.jpg

I'm sure sideshow will, that's the setup for Commander Bly, just yellow paint instead.

Of course. It couldn't possibly be Sideshow's mistake, right?

In all seriousness, I blame both. Sideshow screwed up the helmet sculpt... and the boners at LFL Licensing failed to catch it.

:lol It could be, this is the same company that said f' you to the Obi-Wan episode IV D-clips and to the lightsaber itself! But yeah I hope SSC can catch this since it's pretty glaringly obviously incorrect.

Edit: I just realized you said boners in your original post. +1 for Carl. :rock

Last edited:
Here's a comparison so folks can see what all the "fuss" is about....or not.
3186045685_9fa8501fe7_o.jpg

What's the problem? I think the figure looks pretty good. Yes, the orange deco on the knee cap and shin aren't at the same angle, but...what else?

It's not that JB, it's the lower...mandibles or jowls of the helmet itself. They are incorrect on the SSC version. I am too lazy to post comparison pics as I believe they were posted several pages back. Once you see it you always see it. I know that seems weird.

Okay...went back and looked.
3187044202_23b07cd093_o.jpg

..and yeah, it is different.

Well, now I see what folks are saying. Wonder if it will be changed before it ships?

Didn't someone here claiming to have inside information, said Sideshow is actually re-sculpting the helmet? I really hope its true, think about the number of times this helmet is going to appear.:cool:

Last edited:
Didn't someone here claiming to have inside information, said Sideshow is actually re-sculpting the helmet? I really hope its true, think about the number of times this helmet is going to appear.:rolleyes:

At least Sideshow does listen to us...

Now Gentle Giant...GRRR....

Didn't someone here claiming to have inside information, said Sideshow is actually re-sculpting the helmet? I really hope its true, think about the number of times this helmet is going to appear.:rolleyes:

That's really what worries me. I can live with an Utapau trooper with the most inaccurate helmet. But if they don't fix it for all the others, all bets are off.

It all depends what angle you are looking at. From an above angle it looks great.

Exactly. I going to agree that it should be accurate from all angles before someone jumps on that but honestly I'd never have thought about it before it was brought up.

The main thing is that it's most inaccurate from the straight-on view, because on the front everything from the lower-part of the visor on down is way off.

Back