Utapau 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had the widows' peak on the dome and more of the two-tone paint scheme like in ANH, but LFL asked for changes to make it more "idealized". :rolleyes:

This explains it! Every clone so far has been wrong, including the on-screen interpretation, and LFL helped Sideshow make the first correct interpretation of the Clonetrooper's helmet!

THREE CHEERS FOR LFL!!!

HOORAY!...HOORAY!...HOORAY!

THREE CHEERS FOR SIDESHOW!

HOORAY!...HOORAY!...HOORAY!

The Sideshow Stormtrooper and Vader from Sideshow were made from scans of the original helmets.

Stormtrooper helmet looks off to me as well. maybe not as much.

i do realize there were two basic variations with Stormtrooper helmets in ANH and it seems they went with one of them

Random. Has SSC said that officially? It just seems strange since LFL obviously let them make a screen accurate ANH 12 inch Vader.
It wasn't an official announcement, just something that was discussed at SDCC a couple of years back.

LFL sees the inevitability of four 12" representations of Vader, but there would only be one PF.
That might be why, but the PF Vader was still supposed to represent the ANH version and LFL had it dumbed down to be more generic-looking to the rest of the saga.

LFL sees the inevitability of four 12" representations of Vader, but there would only be one PF.

I'm sure that was the prevailing thought back when SSC first envisioned the PF line but now that its grown so I wonder if LFL is going to regret having them bastardize the ANH Vader when there's probably now an opportunity for SSC to make at least one, possibly two additional Vaders in PF form.

It's also quite possible that the LFL reps who made the decisions on the Vader PF aren't even behind the decisions now or at least the 1/6 line. We have no idea who does what from LFL beyond them having final say on approval of Sideshow pieces.

It's also quite possible that the LFL reps who made the decisions on the Vader PF aren't even behind the decisions now or at least the 1/6 line. We have no idea who does what from LFL beyond them having final say on approval of Sideshow pieces.

Or maybe it's just a magic 8 ball or Zoltan the fortune teller... :p

Possibly an incredibly naive and clueless question here, but since these troopers were all created using CG, sitting somewhere on a hard drive somewhere would be a full 3-D sculpt of the trooper. Why not just use this in the same way Gentle Giant uses their digital scans and export it to a 3D printer and create a practical sculpt? The helmet would be able to be used exactly as is, and body armor would probably require only a few tweaks to be fit to a standard 12" body. Is it just that LucasFilm won't give SS access to these digital sculpts? Or do SS not own/won't pay for the technology to prototype a sculpt from a 3D digital creation?

Last edited:
This still going on?

Wake me when it's release time.

(Again i woulda never noticed ^^^^ had nobody said anything :))

I remembering picking up this figure around the time ROTS came out, but with red color scheme. I wonder if SS would attempt it. Even has little goggles that come down.
Loose_CloneCommander_Green.jpg

^That was easily one of the best figures Hasbro ever put out.

Sadly, I've been taking a good look at my collecting, and I've decided I have to cut this guy loose in favor of figures that matter more to me. A generic clone just doesn't matter as much to me as say Iron Man, or Toht, or Hellboy.

Back