Utapau 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't plan to stop bringing it up until Sideshow either fixes it or decides not to for whatever reason.

But, yes, the silly bickering back-and-forth needs to stop.

And I'll keep saying that It looks like a clone trooper and that the minor helmet "inaccuracies" aren't that big of an issue for a $90 figure.. So we'll agree to disagree. :p EDIT: Given that they're including a regular stand with the TFU Commander, I wonder if they'll toss it in with the Utapau Ex.

Are we sure they're including both stands with the TFU Trooper? Has that been confirmed? I do think that would be the right move. The ugly stand with the Utapau Ex and lack of the standard stand actually makes the Regular version more attractive to some. Shouldn't be that way.

Are we sure they're including both stands with the TFU Trooper? Has that been confirmed? I do think that would be the right move. The ugly stand with the Utapau Ex and lack of the standard stand actually makes the Regular version more attractive to some. Shouldn't be that way.

My thought was to actually stick the "exclusive" stand against the shelf behind the figure as sort of like a background seal display or something to that effect and then display the figure itself on a normal Star Wars stand. But a better exclusive would've been an alternative display option like a Morrison headsculpt (like they did with Asajj). It would've been generic to every clone and easily reusable.

Okay....let's just say some folks have issues with the helmet sculpt's accuracy...and move on, shall we? thanks....

For some it's a little thing and for others it's a deal breaker.
Keep it civil guys and refrain from the personal attacks when someone has a different opinion (that goes for both sides of the coin).

Thanks.:peace

Good luck. I tried to be as vocal as possible about the Boba Fett PF helmet shape and they made no corrections on a much more iconic helmet. :monkey2

The difference here is this clone trooper is a template for future figures. Boba was a one off and due to Star Wars Fanboyism would sell out reguardless.

The difference here is this clone trooper is a template for future figures. Boba was a one off and due to Star Wars Fanboyism would sell out reguardless.

That's still hypothesizing about the whole template thing. Nobody will know for sure until the next clone is announced. And what's to say that even if they don't fix it, it won't sell out like the Boba due to Star Wars Fanboyism?

For all the arguments in this thread there should be more side by side comparisons. That was the only one that convinced me that the figure's helmet is, indeed, not film accurate. They even have the same dings and scratches as the one on film, but the shape of the helmet is different.

There probably was an actual, non-CG, version of this helmet and it was used for designing this figure. But the model changed somewhere before the characters were rendered for the screen.

Hopefully it's not too far along in production to make the change.

And I ask that everyone be polite - you can make your point without getting upset about it.

Good luck. I tried to be as vocal as possible about the Boba Fett PF helmet shape and they made no corrections on a much more iconic helmet. :monkey2

Like EVILFACE pointed out, that was a one-off PF. As unfortunate as it is that they neglected to get the Fett helmet just right it would be a much more egregious oversight if they don't fix the 12" Clone helmet as it would affect several different figures and tens of thousands of product units.

There probably was an actual, non-CG, version of this helmet and it was used for designing this figure. But the model changed somewhere before the characters were rendered for the screen.

Pretty sure there wasn't. all CG.

there was a lifesize pristine statue of the Phase 2 made for some convention. though I remember from the pics it did not differ from the CG. and it was made after the film was completed anyway

Pretty sure there wasn't. all CG.

there was a lifesize pristine statue of the Phase 2 made for some convention. though I remember from the pics it did not differ from the CG.

Yep. Whoever sculpted this just dropped the ball. Simple as that. It happens. No biggie. Just fix it.

The Sideshow Stormtrooper and Vader from Sideshow were made from scans of the original helmets. I am surprised if this was not the method used for the Clone Helmet as well. Based on the deformity it looks like something went wrong during the productive because the helmet is mushed inward as if heat warped and shrunk the plastic.

The Sideshow Stormtrooper and Vader from Sideshow were made from scans of the original helmets. I am surprised if this was not the method used for the Clone Helmet as well. Based on the deformity it looks like something went wrong during the productive because the helmet is mushed inward as if heat warped and shrunk the plastic.

..........:confused: What's a productive? Is that like the Borg Collective? "Error or not, you will buy the Sideshow 12" Utapau Clone Trooper. Resistance is Futile!" :borg

Just a question about your post. Were you looking at something different than everyone else? Nothing really looks mushed. As a matter of fact, it's quite the opposite. The chin has a small beak and the respirators are rounded, not flat on the top as all the reference material shows. Nothing looks heat warped or shrunk.

Sideshow should just use the Kotobukiya as reference, since it's perfect:

286183_001.jpg

286183_002.jpg

And I'll bring up something that we haven't really discussed yet and that is Lucasfilm's role in this whole thing. How can they possibly reject things like the original Vader PF sculpt, the original 12" Windu sculpt and Andy's Bespin Luke sculpt and then approve a Clone Trooper helmet that is as off as the 12" Utapau??? Seriously, someone at LFL Licensing needs their shins kicked. Very frustrating.

Back