Updated Frodo PF Production Photo's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew!

Fortunately seeing this in person I am not quite as panicked. I don't expect it to actually look like this.

LOTRFan said:
Phew!

Fortunately seeing this in person I am not quite as panicked. I don't expect it to actually look like this.

I wish I shared your optimism. I guess we'll find out in about 6-8 weeks when these start reaching us.

Darth Loki said:
I wish I shared your optimism. I guess we'll find out in about 6-8 weeks when these start reaching us.

Eh, go back to the optimist thread! :violin :stick

I hope I am right. :monkey3

LOTRFan said:
Eh, go back to the optimist thread! :violin :stick

I hope I am right. :monkey3

I scored a 50 on that test but I'm really around a 10. How cautiously optimistic sound?

Josh, your love for all things SS can really wear thin sometimes. I'm not going to panic and cancel my order for him. I however am concerned about this eye that can't seem to look straight. If there is going to be a serious flaw in the most important character that will be released, I see no point in going along with the rest of the line.

Like all the other SW 12" panic attacks(and Aragorn as well), I'll take the wait and see aproach.

Frodo looks much better but the lazy eye just kills it.

I still can't believe after all these years that SS still has problems like this.

Bonehead15 said:
Frodo looks much better but the lazy eye just kills it.

I still can't believe after all these years that SS still has problems like this.

It just boggles the mind that these are the pics that they are trying to sell the product with :confused:

SS apparantly needs a common sense department.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Call it what you want, he's still got a lazy eye.

I will. Don't worry about that. I call a spade a spade. :)

Darth Loki said:
Josh, your love for all things SS can really wear thin sometimes. I'm not going to panic and cancel my order for him. I however am concerned about this eye that can't seem to look straight. If there is going to be a serious flaw in the most important character that will be released, I see no point in going along with the rest of the line.

Like all the other SW 12" panic attacks(and Aragorn as well), I'll take the wait and see aproach.

I'm sure for those that can't seem to contain themselves without freaking out it can. For those able to keep their heads and stay calm I'm pretty sure it doesn't. It can't seem to look straight in head on shots for a pose where the head is looking at and angle as well as the body. Common sense says see how it looks as a whole in the whole body shots I don't think you can see it. If there is a slight problem and folks want to cut out. Fine with me. I don't give a damn honestly.

jlcmsu said:
As do some of the members here. :)

Don't get me started. I don't know if that's a shot at me but you really need to learn that a criticize of SS is not a personal attack on you. They way you blindly defend them is down right sad.

You can twist my body and my head in as many directions as you want, my eyes will still be looking in the same direction at the same time.

I've had a very long week and I'll refrain from any short tempered, though well deserved Josh loves SS insults.

Darth Loki said:
Don't get me started. I don't know if that's a shot at me but you really need to learn that a criticize of SS is not a personal attack on you. They way you blindly defend them is down right sad.

Not you per say. However, that's a below the belt shot when saying it to someone who won't or can't say something back. Saying someone needs to get some common sense is rude. You didn't like it when folks called you a scalper for doing such with the BHST bust right? So it's ok to say SS needs common sense? :confused:

The way I blindly defend them is sad. Will you people get a grip on yourselfs. It has nothing to do with defending SS. I like them but it has more to do with the fact that some of you seem to forget your manners at the door and the fact you're adults. The namecalling some of you do when a product comes out is WAY more sad than anything I could ever do. If something comes out that is the slightest bit off some of you act like SS just kicked your damn dog.

It gets old reading how SS just bent you over and broke it off. I mean really do you think SS needs common sense because of some bad shots. I wouldn't have taken shots from those straight on angles for a head angle that calls for more angled shots.

As I'm sure your mother taught you and others that SERIOUSLY over react to things. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

I might be sad for being able to have some manners but I can live with it and really don't give a damn what a few people on a message board think. I could walk away and not care what anyone outside of a dozen people think.

Darth Loki said:
You can twist my body and my head in as many directions as you want, my eyes will still be looking in the same direction at the same time.

Well, looking at the full shot at 400% in my photo editor. The eyes look fine. It's only when you zoom in on a direct head on shot they look odd.

Darth Loki said:
I've had a very long week and I'll refrain from any short tempered, though well deserved Josh loves SS insults.

Well, ya know we all have hard weeks. **** happens man. My Dad was taken to the Hospital on Sunday with chest tightness. Had lung and heart tests all week. Was told he needed to lose weight, quit smoking, and get in shape or he would DIE! So we all have them and maybe some of us should quit taking our collectibles so seriously and react to problems without the name calling?

I'll be getting this but the "eye", how can the post a pic like that? I don't understand it, and if it ships like that I'm shipping him back.

My other problem is the paint. The skin tone is improved, but it looks "thick", like he's wearing makeup, mainly the lips & eyebrows. They shades are too different.. They need to get Frodo looking natural and all will be fine. The shipped product and the SS photo are always different so we must wait.

jlcmsu said:
I will. Don't worry about that. I call a spade a spade. :)

I call a lazy eye a lazy eye. :monkey3

I don't care which direction Frodo; or for that matter ANY statue, PF, 1/6 figure,WHATEVER; is looking in BOTH eyes should be facing in the same direction. To argue that point is just stupid.

jlcmsu said:
It gets old reading how SS just bent you over and broke it off. I mean really do you think SS needs common sense because of some bad shots.
I guess you haven't seen the Cordelia figure yet. :monkey3

I agree on the up close shot it does look bad. However, that's all anyone is taking into account.

When looking at this I'm not seeing it.

well, when it's something that blatent, even if I didn't want to, I'd be looking at that freaky every time I looked at him....

Back