Updated Frodo PF Production Photo's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bonsey said:
Are you people blind?Am i really the only one who thinks there is barely any likeness to Mr.Wood? Take a look at the figure/actor photo comparison earlier in this thread...uuuggghhh!! I will be cancelling mine if this is the best they can do for that sort of money.Lazy eye? Look at the eyes as a whole..they are terrible.Too big,wrong colour and looks like he has a thyroid problem.A great shame as i really wanted to collect this whole line but looks like I will have to go elsewhere for likeness orientated figures.

no, I'm not blind.
But it seems like you are very rude.
Didn't your mama teach you any good manners at all ?

I could call you an a**hole, but I wont.

I still think the likeness is good, not perfect, sure.
But good enough for me to recognise Frodo as I remember him from the movies. And the likeness isn't the only factor I consider when buying such a figure.

The costume is amazing, the base is very beautifull, the accesoires are very nice (the sword and ring) and the pose is awesome ...

I agree it's a good likeness not perfect but good. I still say that when the figure is looked at from the whole statue I don't see it because the flow of the piece. That being said fix any little problem that way this piece can just be looked at for what it is a very nice PF.

A genuine concern I have is that after this piece is released an Andy or Olaf sculpted 1/6 scale Frodo will be announced that will look better than this one. That'll be kind of hard to swallow after I fork out the cash for the PF. I was really hoping the production pics would put my fears to rest since I would love to have a PF Frodo to represent LOTR to compliment Dagobah Luke and Captain America. Might just have to hold out for PF Aragorn or Gandalf instead (or a Shelob's Lair Frodo PF, unlikely as it may be.)

Khev said:
A genuine concern I have is that after this piece is released an Andy or Olaf sculpted 1/6 scale Frodo will be announced that will look better than this one. That'll be kind of hard to swallow after I fork out the cash for the PF. I was really hoping the production pics would put my fears to rest since I would love to have a PF Frodo to represent LOTR to compliment Dagobah Luke and Captain America. Might just have to hold out for PF Aragorn or Gandalf instead (or a Shelob's Lair Frodo PF, unlikely as it may be.)

Well since Andy is now gone...Help us Oluf you are our only hope.

Fubeca said:
Well since Andy is now gone...Help us Oluf you are our only hope.

As Yoda would say there is another, "Trevolver" is his name. Keep an eye out for this guys work. Along with Andy the best likeness sculptor around and he is only 20.

bonsey said:
Are you people blind?Am i really the only one who thinks there is barely any likeness to Mr.Wood? Take a look at the figure/actor photo comparison earlier in this thread...uuuggghhh!! I will be cancelling mine if this is the best they can do for that sort of money.Lazy eye? Look at the eyes as a whole..they are terrible.Too big,wrong colour and looks like he has a thyroid problem.A great shame as i really wanted to collect this whole line but looks like I will have to go elsewhere for likeness orientated figures.

Feel free to cancel mate...
and good luck on finding a line which has the high standards of likeness you strive for. I'll keep my eye out for you too...

bonsey said:

Man, you really dont know how hard is to get a likeness on a human, an orc or an uruk hai is a creature with inperfections that with some paint can be fixed but a human not, to get a reall human in a little statue is really hard, i think SS could give more but its not that easy, try to paint 1000 pieces exactly and you will not get the same color schemes or the same eyes; the statue overall is really good the face is the only thing that its off, good luck finding another line

carbo-fation said:
The likeness on this piece is definetely off, but other than that, everything else is excellent. Can't wait to finally get this piece.

,..yes ,.... likeness it's terrible,...,,. but the figure looks cool,..

The likeness can be off a little, that doesn't bother me, but I'm sorry, the lazy eye really kills the piece. I can't stand it. Yes, I am free to cancel. I'm hoping that sideshow corrects the problem, I don't care if it is supposed to be artistic, this is a statue, not the mona lisa. I don't think it works the same way on a statue as a painting. I think this is a disaster and I don't understand why it is such a problem now. The 12" cordelia also has this problem (sending my exclusive back). Whoever is making these decisions should be fired!

revilal said:
Feel free to cancel mate...
and good luck on finding a line which has the high standards of likeness you strive for. I'll keep my eye out for you too...

Yeah,i'll be cancelling.Did'nt say i was giving up on the line though.I'll just be more choosy with the ones i buy.If they decide to do a High Elven infantryman for example,i'll be there don't you worry.Just would be nice to have a complete line of the same quality.I know the Uruk's etc have imperfections and are easier to do..Lurtz is the most perfect statue I have seen..but when I see the scanned products they look so much better as far as human likenesses are concerned.The cinemaquette line is also VERY good but even they can get it so right(Jack Sparrow) and so wrong(Aragorn).

Back