Updated Frodo PF Production Photo's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DannieDarKo said:
Strabisimus.jpg

Your right Dave! I hope they do this with all their upcoming LOTR Premium Formats. :love
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

If that eye is like that on mine, I'll return it. If it's like that on all of them, I'm out of this line completely. The costume looks great and I love the base, but I'd never stop looking at the horrible eyes.

The thing is the head shots take away from the angle the body is going. Which I think exaggerates the way the eye looks.

actually....the lips are just a tad on the Betty Boop mode. Otherwise I think the piece is very nice

The eyes are painted that way on the PF Buffy and 1/6 Cordelia.

It's an artistic style known as CONTRAOCULO. Look it up in any art book.
The great Renaissance painters used it to remind their audiences that man is but mortal and cannot hope to attain the perfection of God.
And thus no artist should try to.

Okay, so I made that up - but it SOUNDS true...

Last edited:
THey updated the Princess Leia PF pictures at one point and she had the worst lazy eye I had ever seen. That got fixed and the final product was outstanding. I am fully confident that the same thing will happen here.

(Just no real eyelashes on Frodo, please!)

Darklord Dave said:
The eyes are painted that way on the PF Buffy and 1/6 Cordelia.

It's an artistic style known as CONTRAOCULO. Look it up in any art book.
The great Renaissance painters used it to remind their audiences that man is but mortal and cannot hope to attain the perfection of God.
And thus no artist should try to.

but frodo is a hobbit not a man

While I respect the eyeball artistic theory I don't want my Frodo looking like Corky :D

I kid...I kid...

tomandshell said:
THey updated the Princess Leia PF pictures at one point and she had the worst lazy eye I had ever seen. That got fixed and the final product was outstanding. I am fully confident that the same thing will happen here.

(Just no real eyelashes on Frodo, please!)

Tom I really hope you're right on this. It would be an absolute deal killer if it came like that. I can live with the good (at best) sculpt, but I don't care how Dave tries to sugar coat it, he's got a lazy eye. When one eye is looking in another direction than the other eye, it's a lazy eye. Look it up in any medical journal.:D

still looks nothing like Wood and now they've added lazy eye. like the lighter skin tone and i bet they'll fix the eyes before release, but it just doesn't look like Wood. i'll stay happy w/ just Lurtz.

pitchin said:
heeeey yooooou guuuuuuuuuys!!! :lol

:rotfl :rotfl I never actually notice, nor got a good look at Sting that Frodo is holding. I'm impressed that even the elvish letters are on Sting, IMO, the best part of the PF.

Doesn't look like Wood? It's pretty close

It's all about the angles folks. The eye isn't there when you take the WHOLE thing into account.

You're right Josh. I'm sure if I turn it around, I won't notice it at all :lol

Back