Update on remaining Bowen Faux-Bronze Pre-Orders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw, now that i'm thinking about it, i got on the ss waitlist for all the faux line. shouldn't these four statues go to waitlisters first before a 4 item ppo? :huh once again the collectible gods frown upon the poor, lowly waitlisters. :(

btw, now that i'm thinking about it, i got on the ss waitlist for all the faux line. shouldn't these four statues go to waitlisters first before a 4 item ppo? :huh once again the collectible gods frown upon the poor, lowly waitlisters. :(

the 4 they are PPO'ing haven't been up for order on SS's site yet.

the 4 they are PPO'ing haven't been up for order on SS's site yet.

which doesn't make sense to me. shouldn't sideshow sell out their stock before accepting wait list reservations? i just believe that the people that place their order first, should be able to get first shot.

These are new items that have not yet gone up for preorder, sale, wait list, etc. The first chance anybody will have to order them will be the PPO next week, and once they sell out wait list orders will go up. Nobody is on a wait list for these yet.

What's funny is they were available on Bowen's site for almost 2 weeks.
This just shows you the POWER of Sideshow Collectibles. :)

I love the line, especially after getting the FB Hulk. Amazing looking piece.

Captain America should ship this month.

I can only imagine how the check boxes will go....one you check will sell out first, then you will have to adjust your check boxes and by then the others will be sold out. LOL

Good luck all!

Hey Gruson

Don't forget that Bowen only ships within the U.S, so any European collectors have no chance of getting these from them. If I'd have been able to order them initially I would have.:(

:mwaha

Yeah, Bowen thought they were doing us a favor when they granted us small quantities of each... poooooor servers :horror

We figured - if the site's gonna slow down due to these items, might as well have it slowest when it's NOT during newsletter time and everything else is pre-ordering too!

Hey Dusty

Are you at liberty to say what quantity of each SS have managed to get from BD?? I imagine it can't be many, so the PPO will probably be as carzy, if not worse, than the Grey Hulk and Variant PF Spiderman PPO's......

Hi guys,

Just a heads-up, as these items are so much more popular than we expected. We'll be doing a Priority Pre-Order for the remaining 4 statues from Bowen, on July 11th - rather than putting them up with our newsletter. Click here for more info:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=5072

During the PPO, you will be provided with checkbox options so you can select all of them, or only the one(s) you want.

Thanks!! :duff

Cr@p!!! just found out I'm working when the PPO releases and won't have access to the internet.

I'm boned :banghead

These are new items that have not yet gone up for preorder, sale, wait list, etc. The first chance anybody will have to order them will be the PPO next week, and once they sell out wait list orders will go up. Nobody is on a wait list for these yet.

my total mistake. checking back, i put my name on a no chance in hell it will convert list somewhere else. :duh i blame the memory lapse on drugs. i don't have any! :monkey2 :lol

Hey Dusty

Are you at liberty to say what quantity of each SS have managed to get from BD?? I imagine it can't be many, so the PPO will probably be as carzy, if not worse, than the Grey Hulk and Variant PF Spiderman PPO's......

I believe they got around 20 of each.

I'll be going for DD Spidey, and Thor for sure.

I'll be going for DD Spidey, and Thor for sure.

Thor and DD look great. I just don't care for the pose on Spidey. But Odin looks to be the most impressive statue of the bunch.

I really wish SS would branch out and do different characters instead of rehashing the same 5 every other week.

Thanks for posting these pal.:duff

I dont suppose you know if you get charged straight away with these guys do you?, or do you pay when its due to ship?

Thanks in advance
shell
x :D

Hi Shell!

Yes, you pay when they ship.

Thor and DD look great. I just don't care for the pose on Spidey. But Odin looks to be the most impressive statue of the bunch.

I really wish SS would branch out and do different characters instead of rehashing the same 5 every other week.

the paint detail is amazing on the non-faux version. you lose that with the odin faux.

the paint detail is amazing on the non-faux version. you lose that with the odin faux.

No way, bronze looks even better IMO.

Production pic:

FB%20Odin%20St%202a.JPG

Compared to:
2432_press01-001.jpg

that is a pretty damn sweet sculpt. i just wish i were more of a fan of the character.

only thing about the faux bronze Odin is the different hand position.
With the open hand facing outward, the bicep seems like it should be rotated more to the inside..... just looks a little odd .... still awesome piece though.... :monkey1

Back