Upcoming John Wick Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s-l1600.jpg

I'm so late to the party! And now I can't find any of the MG Toys head sculpts or clothes ): What do you guys think of the standard Kumik head sculpt? (Sadly, I can't find the battle-damaged Kumik one either.)

Also, what are you guys using for a screen-accurate pistol holster and magazine pouches?

I'm using the MG Toys one that came out two years ago. If memory serves me right, it's a modified iminime Neo. Even if the beard is thicker and the hair isn't perfectly accurately styled, I think the likeness to Keanu is a bit better. I have been meaning to go and repaint the wounds on the MG Toys one I have. The eleven is good, bit the hair looks just as off, simply in a different way. The widow's peak doesn't have a natural transition and that hurts it a lot. I would consider upgrading once more pictures come out.
065a5f0a07a79b2e1c263b157c1c0617.jpg
c3092065f2ff9f570da7035654042193.jpg

depends on where he was in the film...
most of the film he's like this with his hair more forward...

32df155ad9d1d3cb7bf26d744f8f565c.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

in which case the eleven sculpt looks much more accurate to me...
both are good options tho. i like mgtoys, just that beard is way too thick.

depends on where he was in the film...
most of the film he's like this with his hair more forward...

in which case the eleven sculpt looks much more accurate to me...
both are good options tho. i like mgtoys, just that beard is way too thick.

You post a good comparison here. The mouth needs to be wider and on the eleven sculpt, and the moustache is off in shape. If anything, the beard needs to be marginally thickened in areas on the eleven - he wears a full moustache, semi full sides, and a thinner chin in the movie. It still looks like the hair is capped on, seeing as there is no hairline sculpt transition from his forehead to the widow's peak of his hair. It's just plunked on there. I think it would be applicable to say that it is as flawed as the MG in different ways.

That being said, I think the eleven one is good for a casual Wick, and the Keanu likeness is a solid B+/A- work. I don't believe that it can accurate represent combat Wick, though. When he's working in any capacity he has his hair pulled back with product. I want to see more angles and it on a body first before I invest. But I do like what I see and I do think that with some paint wizardry I could bring the beard out a bit to be more accurate than either sculpt as is.

What I'm curious to see is if Kit is planning two releases off of this. Why do I say this? Look at the way this head is built - it has a seam for the hair piece. While that benefits molding ease, I could see it being a way for her to bring a second, 'working Wick' sculpt to market, with the hair slicked back.

What we DO need is a slim fit black suit. My Wick uses the Pop Toys Loki suit and while that's good, I think it's too broad for him. Unfortunately there's nothing that is that slim out there right now.

What we DO need is a slim fit black suit. My Wick uses the Pop Toys Loki suit and while that's good, I think it's too broad for him. Unfortunately there's nothing that is that slim out there right now.

actually, there is. the poptoys x24-a series suit is supposed to be very slim fitting from the stuff i've read. looks like it would be a very good fit.

154247c4qc5cukdeqgt8dc.jpg

That Eleven sculpt looks fantastic. I may have to grab one once OSK puts it up for sale. I will definitely want a great suit to go with, so hopefully someone makes another quality one for it. Maybe MG Toys can make another one.

This looks to be exactly the same set as the one released by MG Toys, except for the tie:

nau50808_0_1437468849.jpg

I was able to order one, but haven't received it yet.

That looks good. I bought the bond suit from Vortoys and it's good quality. I found one of these Wick suits too, but don't know if I'll bite or wait for someone else to do another one. I would think another suit will be made.

Back