Universal should reboot THE MUMMY...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2d2.jpg

lololololol

Well, his acting abilities tend to be unbroken at best. He is the quintessential man you hire just for the sole purpose of allocation. He his stiff, contrived, and a smorgasbord of other actors. He's not particularly uncommon of an actor. You could replace him with any other performer in any movie that he has ever been in and it would still leave the same speck of feces on your eyes that all of his movies will leave you. He not special in any sense of the meaning, rather, he came at the right time in the movie making spectrum. He was nothing special, but nothing bad. Dead center middle of the road bloke. Simply put, he is one big fudge brownie of an actor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why are you so obsessed with poo or feces. ?

I think it just perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with Brendan Fraser's acting abilities. Think of it as a metaphor of sorts.

That still doesnt have anything to do with what i said about the movie having great style and a great egyptian look and amazing sets? Or great practical mummy costumes at the end?

Well that's kind of the problem with those movies. All style. No substance. They are just there to say, "Hey! Look at what late 90's special effects can do!" And that's it. It doesn't do anything new, it doesn't attempt to do anything new. It's just stale and bland and typical...like Brendan Fraser. He honestly did fit the movie very well!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget about that scorpion king CGI thing that they call a "special effect".

90's Mummy was decent enough, 2nd one has that really hot chick lol.

Enjoying 90's Mummy in no way cancels out the respect Karloff has earned for his career plus his awesome looking mummy.

Universal/Hammer will always be known for their classic monster movies, nothing will take that prestige away.

I enjoyed the directors cut of the Wolfman reboot but it wasn't popular enough to carry it forward.

Lets see what this new Mummy brings to the table.

Personaly I would rather see them make a non Transformers version of the character but oh well, Top Mummy it will have to be.

She looks more powerful than Thanos lol.

Last edited:
This thread made me realize that I've had "Dracula Untold" sitting on my DVR for several months so I finally went ahead and watched it. I found it to be a fun diversion. With both the production design and casting of Luke Evans it definitely aspired to be a "Vampire in Middle-Earth" movie which admittedly made it easier for me to forgive its obvious shortcomings.

Definitely wouldn't ever need to see a sequel though.

I'm just realizing that I'm much more interested in films that establish dread well before the monster is fully revealed which was a hallmark of classic horror and the antithesis of almost anything post-2000 in cinema (save Jackson's excellent Kong remake.)

But now that we have a wave of films like Krampus, The VVitch, 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Shallows that really take their time in setting the stage before sparing and selective monster reveals I feel less of an urge to see these crossover popcorn CG monster spectacles. I know I'm in the minority and that Tom Cruise's new flick will almost certainly gross more than the four films I just mentioned *combined* but still, those are were my preferences are at this point.

Last edited:
Wonder if Frankenstein will have the power of electricity or somthing

I agree. I'm kind of sick of the CG monster fest movies. I know a lot of people are excited to see universal monsters come back to the screen and are willing to take what they can get, but is this really what fans deserve? This isn't the way to bring back these iconic monsters. Make a more traditional mummy, wolfman, frankenstein, and dracula movies before trying to assemble some avengers-esque team.

Wonder if Frankenstein will have the power of electricity or somthing

He'll probably be their Hulk lol

Whoa, that means she might even force Russo Cap to use both hands in a fight! :thud:

Early mo-cap footage of Cap vs. Thanos:

tumblr_inline_nfjx6zMnkD1rr5l6k.gif

lol

I agree. I'm kind of sick of the CG monster fest movies. I know a lot of people are excited to see universal monsters come back to the screen and are willing to take what they can get, but is this really what fans deserve? This isn't the way to bring back these iconic monsters. Make a more traditional mummy, wolfman, frankenstein, and dracula movies before trying to assemble some avengers-esque team.

They tried with Wolfman and it bombed.

Blegh, no thank you. It was a terrible film that wasted Stan Winston Studio's work.

Back