Universal should reboot THE MUMMY...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
90s dracula is the best looking dracula ever made too.

90s mummy is the most iconic looking one as well. The one people think when you mention the mummy.

90s dracula is the best looking dracula ever made too.

90s mummy is the most iconic looking one as well. The one people think when you mention the mummy.

This is the one I think of.

j33vesu.jpg

And when ppl mention the mummy, I think of this:

- He went for a little walk! You should have seen his face!

:lol

I love 90's remake because it's a good entertainment but nothing about it beats the original.

If anyone picks Brendan Fraser over original classic Karloff something is seriously wrong. 90's Dracula was good and the mummy was alright but the originals are still better. Too bad Dracula Untold won't be apart of the new universe. I liked Luke Evans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If anyone picks Brendan Fraser over original classic Karloff something is seriously wrong. 90's Dracula was good and the mummy was alright but the originals are still better. Too bad Dracula Untold won't be apart of the new universe. I liked Luke Evans.

Original classic movie barely counts as a mummy movie. Out of all the universal monster movies thats the least monster movie of them all.

Barely counts as horror for that matter.

Original classic movie barely counts as a mummy movie. Out of all the universal monster movies thats the least monster movie of them all.

Barely counts as horror for that matter.
May not fully be a monster movie BUT is better.

Just because a movie is older/original does it automatically make it better then anything that came after.

While I love the original The Thing (especially the quick quirky dialogue and ufo ice scene), the 1982 version is the superior version.

Old Universal did have movies that were weaker than others.

Hell, i'll take Hammer/Oliver Reed "Curse of the Werewolf" over Universal/Chaney "Wolfman" any day of the week.

Come at me brah....lol

May not fully be a monster movie BUT is better.
Crows just arguing for the sake of argument, pay no attention to him. :lol

Just because a movie is older/original does it automatically make it better then anything that came after. Hell, i'll take Hammer/Oliver Reed "Curse of the Werewolf" over Universal/Chaney "Wolfman" any day of the week.
"Ginger Snaps" and 90's WOLF are the best werewolf films tho. :wave

Crows just arguing for the sake of argument, pay no attention to him. :lol

"Ginger Snaps" and 90's WOLF are the best werewolf films tho. :wave

Im not gaspar lol.
Thats how i feel.

The mummy is like a good drama. It doesnt even have too much suspense.

Ill agree with u guys that the mummy might be the best made movie or the one with the best acting ( i dont remember much) ill take both of you guys word and the mummy might be the greatest universal movie of that era.

But it doesnt have iconic "mummy" things. Like just barely at the beginning.

As goofy as the 90s movie is at least it does take you into the world of the mummy and visually it truly is a mummy movie. The diallogue is goofy and the cgi might not be the greatest but it is a true egypt mummy curse movie.

The old one is a drama film that just happens to have a mummy in it.
A mummy that becomes a normal person early in the film. Thats all

What sets The Mummy apart from the other classics is yes the drama aspect and the storytelling. The acting itself is incredible with Karloff as the lead role. It just has that creepy vibe at times and may not be full horror but neither is the 90's version which is just a bunch of action with a really poorly done cg mummy. Yes not all the originals are the better films but in my eyes The Mummy 1932 holds up as its own. To each as its own. I'm just looking forward to seeing a new take on the classics and hopefully more to come if this does decent. I know most don't look back at the classics or think it's **** for its age. Honestly I'd like anyone in this thread to go check it out. Go check the film out it may surprise you yes the thing remake by carpenter is superior but I still like the old classic film. For wolf movies I'd still take Jr as the wolf man but I'm not a big Lon Chaney Jr fan like most I'm more Karloff and Bela. Not trying to start a war which film is better we each have our opinions and I respect yours Crow and Jye. Riddick you have chosen wisely.

What sets The Mummy apart from the other classics is yes the drama aspect and the storytelling. The acting itself is incredible with Karloff as the lead role. It just has that creepy vibe at times and may not be full horror but neither is the 90's version which is just a bunch of action with a really poorly done cg mummy. Yes not all the originals are the better films but in my eyes The Mummy 1932 holds up as its own. To each as its own. I'm just looking forward to seeing a new take on the classics and hopefully more to come if this does decent. I know most don't look back at the classics or think it's **** for its age. Honestly I'd like anyone in this thread to go check it out. Go check the film out it may surprise you yes the thing remake by carpenter is superior but I still like the old classic film. For wolf movies I'd still take Jr as the wolf man but I'm not a big Lon Chaney Jr fan like most I'm more Karloff and Bela. Not trying to start a war which film is better we each have our opinions and I respect yours Crow and Jye. Riddick you have chosen wisely.

Calm down bud.

Well i. Wont deny the quality of the mummy and im not trying to attack your favorite movie.
Ill accept that the mummy might be a high quality movie.

This whole thing started because i replied to riddick saying that i dont think people think of the original mummy when they hear "mummy"
I dont think a lot of modern people has even seen it.

Most people watch dracula or frank or wolfman. But original mummy doesnt even get talked about much

And how the 90s movie had a very strong egyptian mummy style.

The style and attention to detail of the 90s one is incredible.

Calm down bud.

Well i. Wont deny the quality of the mummy and im not trying to attack your favorite movie.
Ill accept that the mummy might be a high quality movie.

This whole thing started because i replied to riddick saying that i dont think people think of the original mummy when they hear "mummy"
I dont think a lot of modern people has even seen it.

Most people watch dracula or frank or wolfman. But original mummy doesnt even get talked about much

And how the 90s movie had a very strong egyptian mummy style.

The style and attention to detail of the 90s one is incredible.
I am calm? Again not trying to start a war we each have our opinions on what we like and we don't not trying to say my opinion is superior to yours or the rest. Again taken out of context. I respect YOUR opinion and the rest just staying my opinion. To each it's own.

Back