Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I wish I saw that one from Kitkong earlier. It doesn't look like they sell it anymore. Does anyone know where I could find one?

While HT Universal Monsters would be great, SS I think could do an equally awesome job too. Their original Universal Monster figures were great for the time and are still great now. In terms of likeness, I think the SS Karloff Frankenstein Monsters stand up well against most of HT's stuff.

:goodpost: :exactly:
i agree about Frankenstein

I'd love to see what a SSC Frankenstein's monster head and arms would look like on the Kanamit body so he towered over the other monsters, but I won't mess with my figure.

This is kind of a silly thread, but as I've been reading it anyway, I'm finally subbing it. It just seems like SS has lost the Universal license for a reason. And I find it somewhat annoying that I cannot even search older product to look at images, and see shipping cartons sizes etcetera anymore.

All that said, I've been toying with the idea of picking up just a couple or few of the PF's. The Jason PF brought me back into the game, and if I'm able to control myself, I really would like to have a few Universal PF's in the collection.

So, anybody else into the PF's? This thread has been 1/6 centric, which is cool, but I'm into non-figures. Or statues lets say.

I am getting the Creature PF very soon, so there is that.

What are the other bests to look into? :D

This is kind of a silly thread, but as I've been reading it anyway, I'm finally subbing it. It just seems like SS has lost the Universal license for a reason. And I find it somewhat annoying that I cannot even search older product to look at images, and see shipping cartons sizes etcetera anymore.

All that said, I've been toying with the idea of picking up just a couple or few of the PF's. The Jason PF brought me back into the game, and if I'm able to control myself, I really would like to have a few Universal PF's in the collection.

So, anybody else into the PF's? This thread has been 1/6 centric, which is cool, but I'm into non-figures. Or statues lets say.

I am getting the Creature PF very soon, so there is that.

What are the other bests to look into? :D

I have all the COLOR pfs, 8 inch, 1/6 scales and dioramas that SSC put out for Universal Monsters. I had all the 1:1 busts at one time---but since I dont live in a palace and the bootlegs from China were apt to make their value and authenticity come into question---I sold those.

The Wolfman PF by Mike Hill is the finest "mass" market collectible ever done of the Wolfman. Its a must have for any Wolfman fan. Dracula is my second favorite,then the Mummy. Mummy had tons of breakage and quality issues. If you are a Wolfman fan---get this pf. Only 600 existed...and I know of at least one thats in a land fill because the owner smashed it after he had some issues. So---599.:peace

7u474494949479.jpg

Thanks Anton! Yeah, the Wolfman would be high on my list. That is my favorite and most watched of all the Universal classics. Would never go for a Mummy, as I've known about those breakage issues. We'll see if I can track down a Wolfman...

:D Thanks again for your thoughts.

Man I wish I saw that one from Kitkong earlier. It doesn't look like they sell it anymore. Does anyone know where I could find one?

They still sell them. It's under their bargain section:

https://www.modelmansion.com/models/detail/KitKong-ModelMansion-Ben-Chapman-Tribute.php

Kitkong-ModelMansion-Ben-Chapman-Tribute-prepainted-front-medium.jpg

They also have a Frankenstein Monster which also goes for $95:

https://www.modelmansion.com/models/detail/KitKong-ModelMansion-Boris-Karloff-in-Frankenstein-prepainted.php

Kitkong-ModelMansion-Boris-Karloff-in-Frankenstein-full-frontal-medium.jpg

These are slightly smaller than 1:4 scale though.. I'd say they are somewhere between 1:5 and 1:4..

-

They still sell them. It's under their bargain section:

https://www.modelmansion.com/models/detail/KitKong-ModelMansion-Ben-Chapman-Tribute.php

Kitkong-ModelMansion-Ben-Chapman-Tribute-prepainted-front-medium.jpg

They also have a Frankenstein Monster which also goes for $95:

https://www.modelmansion.com/models/detail/KitKong-ModelMansion-Boris-Karloff-in-Frankenstein-prepainted.php

Kitkong-ModelMansion-Boris-Karloff-in-Frankenstein-full-frontal-medium.jpg

These are slightly smaller than 1:4 scale though.. I'd say they are somewhere between 1:5 and 1:4..

-

I gotta stress though, the prepainted Creature looks GREAT! It's not a sloppy paint app at all. I also own the color Sideshow Creature diorama and this easily beats it. Don't get me wrong, the diorama is wonderful, but there is too much black used on each scale line making it almost tiger striped. This kit is also quite heavy and I'm amazed that they are selling it so cheap.

**edit: It looks like they are out of the prepaint Creature. I only see the unpainted/unassembled on their site.

They didn't have a prepainted Frankenstein when I bought the Creature, but now that they do I'm definitely getting him.

Last edited:
I found Diamond Selects Mego style Mummy and Dracula a TRU today.

Completed my set, but I like Frankenstein and the the Wolfman better.

Dracula's outfit is nice, but the face just doesn't cut it.

Mummy looks good, but he's too clean.

I found Diamond Selects Mego style Mummy and Dracula a TRU today.

Completed my set, but I like Frankenstein and the the Wolfman better.

Dracula's outfit is nice, but the face just doesn't cut it.

Mummy looks good, but he's too clean.

Drac's face doesnt cut it because they didnt have a Lugosi License. About the Mumy's wrap: you gotta remember---these are supposed to be "mego like" and not big on details. The Ahi's smeared blood on theirs in the 1970's....but I dont know if that would fly with the execs at Universal these days. They seem to be a little off their nut. Taking the license from SSC to giver it to DST more or less confirms this. No more dioramas, pfs, etc....but yipee! We get mini mates!!!!:slap:peace

Too bad they still don't have prepainted Creatures. The Frank doesn't look as nice.

Too bad they still don't have prepainted Creatures. The Frank doesn't look as nice.

James at kit Kong is a really nice guy. He has some great stuff!

I saw these Creatures at this past Wonderfest and they look really good for a pre-paint, which is surprising.

If your not able to paint one or don't have painting skills, then this Creature is perfect for your shelf.

:)

I just scored a Sideshow Bela Lugosi/Dracula for $70! I am very happy.:clap Now I have the big three from Sideshow, plus Mr. Hyde & the Invisible Man.

Last edited:
I have Karloff Frankie, Nosferatu, Gypsy Bela, SSE Wolfman and SSE Lugosi Drac on the way. I actually like the SSE editions better.

Ive got 'em all. Plus Majestic Phibes and Dark Shadows, Teenage Frankenstein and Werewolf from Amok Time, and Sun Demon from them too. Because I am a slavish whore to classic monsters.:lol All in color tho. No SSE for me 'cause I hates 'em.:monkey3:wink1::peace

Back