Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadspawn

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Let's face it, Sideshow not making Universal Monsters is a big mistake. For the people that have been with Sideshow since the beginning, it was the Monster's that got us hooked.

SO SIDESHOW, PLEASE BRING BACK THE MONSTERS

Apparently SSC wasnt doing enuff to make the monsters collectibles accessible to the larger public. Thats most likely why SSC got its license yanked...so 50 year old kids could have something to buy when they go into a Toys R Us for $14.99. Quantity over quality. DST is filling that niche now with 8 inch figures I dont care enuff about to buy. Awesome job Universal!

Apparently SSC wasnt doing enuff to make the monsters collectibles accessible to the larger public. Thats most likely why SSC got its license yanked...so 50 year old kids could have something to buy when they go into a Toys R Us for $14.99. Quantity over quality. DST is filling that niche now with 8 inch figures I dont care enuff about to buy. Awesome job Universal!

I will never understand why Sideshow didn't keep a presence in TRU. If it weren't for TRU's carrying of Sideshow's UMs I never would've discovered Sideshow Collectibles.

I will never understand why Sideshow didn't keep a presence in TRU. If it weren't for TRU's carrying of Sideshow's UMs I never would've discovered Sideshow Collectibles.

^ this.

ssc universal 1/6th stuff = still some of my favorite figures i own.

Tell me about it. I wish they would get it back. Probably what I miss the most are the Silver Screen Edition Monsters. That right there was classy and cool looking all rolled into one. There are two pieces that made me first take notice of Sideshow and eventually get me hooked. One was the Hulk PF and the other was the Silver Screen Edition Dracula. Just bad ass.

021706dracula_fullfigure.jpg

Last edited:
They don't have the licence anymore and yet, you can see Frankenstein's Monster and Phantom on their SDCC counter banners.

monster.jpg

phantom.jpg

Strange and saddening at the same time.

Some missing pieces they could/should have released :
- Phantom, Bride, Wolfman & Invisible Man life-size busts
- Invisible Man PF
- not mentionning my favorite, the diorama line, that was terminated with the fewer characters ever in any of their Unimonsters lines :slap

I’m sure collectors got interested (I know I was) in a possible statue line when SSC announced the new Nosferatu. But he’ll remain all alone.

A Legendary Scale Busts line could have been great too :(

They don't have the licence anymore and yet, you can see Frankenstein's Monster and Phantom on their SDCC counter banners.

monster.jpg

phantom.jpg

Strange and saddening at the same time.

Some missing pieces they could/should have released :
- Phantom, Bride, Wolfman & Invisible Man life-size busts
- Invisible Man PF
- not mentionning my favorite, the diorama line, that was terminated with the fewer characters ever in any of their Unimonsters lines :slap

I’m sure collectors got interested (I know I was) in a possible statue line when SSC announced the new Nosferatu. But he’ll remain all alone.

A Legendary Scale Busts line could have been great too :(

Wouldn't that mean the new statue line had the fewer characters of any UM line? :lol:nana:

it all comes down to sales.... goal #1 of any company is keeping the doors open .... I'm sure they want to be doing more UM even more than we want them too ... :monkey1

So much potential for the dio line and soooo many missing pieces. :(

So true. :(
I went full throttle with the dios line (reg and sse). I loved the idea from the beginning : multiple characters, small portions of set, dramatic poses, almost like screencaps from movies scenes. Add to that the affordable prices and the fact that they were not space consuming.

Anyway, the end of the line made me search for another way to continue my dio collection. Sideshow loss, custom kits builders gain.

By the way, Nam
Wouldn't that mean the new statue line had the fewer characters of any UM line? :lol:nana:
Nosferatu is Prana Films, not Universal. So--no.:lecture:doh

:pfft:
just kidding :D:wink1:

Noticed that in numerous threads. It's great to have such dedicated and passionate fans in a forum ...

That's kinda scary too :FREAK: ... but it's the horror section of the Freaks boards so that's the perfect fit :D

Back