Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently made a wishlist of Universal characters I'd still like to see made by anyone:

Universal Monsters
Claude Rains as The Phantom of the Opera
Colin Clive as Henry Frankenstein
Abbott and Costello
Bela Lugosi as Ygor
Lon Chaney Jr. as Kharis, the Mummy
John Carradine as Dracula
Bela Lugosi as Dr Mirakle/Erik the Ape from Murders in the Rue Morgue
Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine from The Man Who Laughs
Gloria Holden as Dracula's Daughter
Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes
Nigel Bruce as Watson

Misc. Horror
Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau
Bela Lugosi as Sayer of the Law (Island of Lost Souls two-pack)
Charles Laughton as Quasimodo

What I want to know, is how in God's name did Sideshow think Bela the Gypsy and Fritz would make for better figures than any of the characters I listed?

hasmummy.jpg

That looks damn good... its a project I've been considering for my Sideshow figure.

The wrapping on the Sideshow mummy (at least on mine) are so tight you can hardly pose the figure.

That's the case for everyone... points for the effort, but that figure is a complete disaster. Its stiff as a board and the one pose (arms crossed in the sarcofogaus) that might work is impossible do to the bodies restrictions :lol Figuremaster Les did an amazing repaint and rewrap of the Mummy... its a piece I wish I had commissioned for myself :monkey2

Spent the last month re-buying these. Got pretty good deals on all, with picking up The Creature for $80 being a highlight.

red.jpg

gillyy.jpg

dracc.jpg

frankie-1.jpg

wolfiee.jpg

Last edited:
I recently made a wishlist of Universal characters I'd still like to see made by anyone:

Universal Monsters
Claude Rains as The Phantom of the Opera
Colin Clive as Henry Frankenstein
Abbott and Costello
Bela Lugosi as Ygor
Lon Chaney Jr. as Kharis, the Mummy
John Carradine as Dracula
Bela Lugosi as Dr Mirakle/Erik the Ape from Murders in the Rue Morgue
Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine from The Man Who Laughs
Gloria Holden as Dracula's Daughter
Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes
Nigel Bruce as Watson

Misc. Horror
Charles Laughton as Dr. Moreau
Bela Lugosi as Sayer of the Law (Island of Lost Souls two-pack)
Charles Laughton as Quasimodo

What I want to know, is how in God's name did Sideshow think Bela the Gypsy and Fritz would make for better figures than any of the characters I listed?

I'm working on Abbott and Costello...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17499

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

I am still very happy with these...just wished they continued the PF SSE line

Heads up! There's a dude on ebay selling SS horror figures at crazy low prices! I got a Leatherface '74, Leatherface '03, and a Bride of Frankenstein for $100 TOTAL!

Heads up! There's a dude on ebay selling SS horror figures at crazy low prices! I got a Leatherface '74, Leatherface '03, and a Bride of Frankenstein for $100 TOTAL!

Found it! He has a 1/6 Phantom for $30 BIN...but it's too expensive, damn! He won't ship to to UK without the colossal USPS Priority Mail.
Bast***.

Some good deals there--Drac and Orlok both for $50? KarFrank and LondMid both also for $50.

EDIT--well he is an amenable chap! Amended the shipping options, so I got his Erik, woohoo! Another great SS figure in the Bernardi collection. :blissy:blissy:blissy

Last edited:
Found it! He has a 1/6 Phantom for $30 BIN...but it's too expensive, damn! He won't ship to to UK without the colossal USPS Priority Mail.
Bast***.

Some good deals there--Drac and Orlok both for $50? KarFrank and LondMid both also for $50.

EDIT--well he is an amenable chap! Amended the shipping options, so I got his Erik, woohoo! Another great SS figure in the Bernardi collection. :blissy:blissy:blissy

Good work, mate!

He had some incredible prices. Sold the 1/6 Creature and Mummy for $25 each - unbelievable. I'm keeping an eye on that Invisible Man...

Good work, mate!

He had some incredible prices. Sold the 1/6 Creature and Mummy for $25 each - unbelievable. I'm keeping an eye on that Invisible Man...

Yeah, great used deals for someone! His Ardeth Bey went before I got there, damn--think that went for $25 also.

Thanks for the headsup Batman! Good luck with Claude. Cool figure! Love the phoney nose. :D

MODS: Please move this into the figures section.

Got some SS Frankie parts from Toy Anxiety and tried something radical. Using liquid shoe polish, I dyed the Jacket and pants. Although the fabric is a bit stiffer, poseability remains fluid. The fabric retains some of its color when dry, so it has a nice subtlety.

strange1.jpg

strange2.jpg

strange3.jpg

Back