Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, AP is the shizzy when it comes to stuff like that. Not even worth debating or he whips out the proof like a _____ slap! :lecture:lecture:lecture :lol

hahahaha! I was so caught up in the Jason thread I hadnt checked this is awhile. Thanks Nam--I hope that**ahem**slap didnt hurt much.:1-1::peace

Coriolis---its good to have a guy like me around. Saves you time on google if one of your fellow inmates, I mean collectors, already knows the answer.

I would love a relaunch of this line, i also got my start with both sideshow and 1/6 figures through the UM. I recently have looked into more modern stands to replace the foot bases some of those older figures have, has anyone else done the same? I feel i may be able to get a bit more poseability out of them if they were abit more secure.

Sideshow sells loose stands which work great and look even better with custom decals from Evilface, if you don't like the Sideshow logo. :wink1:

To fill the gap that Sideshow now has by unfortunately losing the Universal license, I'm getting my fix elsewhere when possible. I recently picked up this Ben Chapman as "The Creature" 1/4th scale resin kit. This is a very impressive piece in person.

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

The SS PF line was the best...Damn shame it ended

Last edited:
If Hot Toys does a line of these one day---it needs to begin with Bela Lugosi (since he's always the hold out---just get it done), and only release one every Halloween.

If HT ever took the effort to do these, I would love to see them take them on much like they are with Star Wars (1 a year like you say) aim for a October/Halloween release. And start with a Bela Lugosi Dracula DX. :lecture

I'd rather Sideshow do it. They already have established relationships with the estates and actually have a love for the subject matter (UM aren't big in Asia). Seeing what they're doing with the Joes, save for the paint apps, we'd get comparable figures at 2/3 the price.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind SSC redoing their vintage monsters, while letting HT focus on remakes, aka figures based on films like Bram Stoker's Dracula, and The Mummy (1999) etc.

While HT Universal Monsters would be great, SS I think could do an equally awesome job too. Their original Universal Monster figures were great for the time and are still great now. In terms of likeness, I think the SS Karloff Frankenstein Monsters stand up well against most of HT's stuff.

I'd rather Sideshow do it. They already have established relationships with the estates and actually have a love for the subject matter (UM aren't big in Asia). Seeing what they're doing with the Joes, save for the paint apps, we'd get comparable figures at 2/3 the price.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'd like to see SSC carry on with the license instead of HT. Love HT but UM got me into horror/sci fi/ fantasy and SSC got me back into 1/6 collecting. Sentimental reasons, I guess.

Back